Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Have you tried alcohol?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    i dont have any sense of superiority over others, because I suffer from crippling lack of self-esteem. What I mean by one other good person doesn't mean a smart person, but what I feel to be a person that isn't an emotionally soulless monster for clarity. Just a decent person.
    We are all human. Ruled by our desire to feel less pain in an existence where pain is the greatest teacher for survival. Good and evil are all created terms, subjective to the one who evokes the idea. Your idea of good is as different from mine as mine is different from others. If you lack self esteem, reevaluate who's idea of self esteem you are using. If you base value for humans on how you value yourself, currently, there will be no good humans.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

A sceptical introvert?

It's a okay to despise humans but it's not gonna do you any good since social interaction is needed.

So if you find that one special person then it's all good for you but don't become a antisocial loner since that will cause more harm to you and maybe even others.

This sounds like the beginning (or exposition story) in any serial killer movie.

I would humbly suggest that seeking psychological advice from an internet gaming forum is probably a strong sign of impending mental breakdown.

Seek professional help. And I don't mean that sarcastically. Seriously, find a therapist or counselor and have a serious mental and emotional assessment done. This doesn't sound like something you want to mess around with.

when you hate humans so much to where you don't even see yourself as human or look people in the eyes anymore but have this horrible consuming feeling of trying to see if there is at least one person on the planet that can be your friend and never finding it, what do you call the symptom? Is it pretty much sociopathy or does that last bit somewhat invalidate it?
    It's called "being an introvert".

10+ Year Old Account
    the question is, does still trying to halfheartedly believe there is one good person out there still make you a sociopath if you're otherwise incapable of feeling anything and are so withered from the loathing and apathy for 99% of people
    Are you otherwise incapable of feelings?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

15+ Year Old Account
    Edgy Incel?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Is it into 3 digit number of threads already where OP says some nutty stuff, gets told by three dozen people to seek professional help....and...doesn't. Repeat infinite times it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - I have the opposite problem, I'm hated so much by humans that I've forgotten what it means to be human or even alive. Total isolation has that effect.
    What shows you that you're hated? Why are you totally isolated?

when you hate humans so much to where you don't even see yourself as human or look people in the eyes anymore but have this horrible consuming feeling of trying to see if there is at least one person on the planet that can be your friend and never finding it, what do you call the symptom? Is it pretty much sociopathy or does that last bit somewhat invalidate it?
    I would call it "fucked by life". Ok, so I don't hate humans, but I want companionship. Married, but realising it has to end. My only friend exploited me financially and just isn't too keen on seeing me. I visited her in the hospital (she has Chron's disease), and just days ago, she and two others drove past me to some annual event very close to where I live and didn't send me a message. Thank you!

I've spent my entire life thinking I'm ugly and stupid, undeserving of good things. I am thanking my mom for this. I come home from work and my unemployed husband has food ready. Her reaction is that he's too kind, spoiling me, I don't deserve someone like that. And I believe her. When I became nearly alcoholic during my post-partum depression and he took care of the child after coming home from work (because work is so exhausting, right?) I felt I didn't deserve him, he was too good. When he dismissed my interest in seeking professional help regarding this, I accepted it, because he's too kind, we'll manage by ourselves. Wow, I don't deserve someone like that! My self-esteem was shit, thanks to my mom, and it made my life difficult.

There are some truly fucked up individuals out there, and joyfully they torture and kill other people and animals. Though not all humans are shit. It's important to understand that, and I hope you meet someone who will make you see that. It is difficult though, the most difficult thing that you'll ever do, maybe, to realise you are not who/what you think you are. But what's more important than finding one friend/companion? To find more of them! You shouldn't be dependant on just one person for your social needs. It is not healthy. Believe me, please believe me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Self-delusion.

Trying to justify making little to no effort to continue to try investing in people to yourself.

Etc.

It's called an edgelord.

You will feel better about it when you are older. It gets to be where you try to make friends because you are lonely but everyone you meet wants to do things that bore the hell out of you. You can't find the right people to do any of the things you want because you don't like to do the things that most other people like to do. You can either be lonely and do what you want or make yourself miserable doing things that other people want just so you are not lonely. That is your choice.
    As you get older, being alone gets easier.
    Last edited by Nihilist74; 2019-04-20 at 07:03 PM.

My wife in the case of my actual wife.
    You people are also known as INTP's - Introverted, iNtuitive, Thinking, Perceiving.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - I have the opposite problem, I'm hated so much by humans that I've forgotten what it means to be human or even alive. Total isolation has that effect.
    Maybe that would change for you if you stopped listening to CNN and MSNBC and actually thought for yourself, thereby becoming a likable person. Ever thought of that? Go to an American gun range and try to meet mean unfriendly people, I never have.

it's far worse to be in your mid-40s with this feeling though. You can't even muster the strength to get mad as much as feeling dejected and out of energy.
    Seek therapy, I am blown away you are in your mid 40s based on how offended by others just living around you I thought for sure you were in your teens or very early 20s and just self centered. Since that doesn't seem to be the case you need some professional help, medications perhaps and to just get over yourself some.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Depends on what you are seeking companionship with: if its a goat its called being a redneck and if its a cat its called being a crazy cat lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Maybe that would change for you if you stopped listening to CNN and MSNBC and actually thought for yourself, thereby becoming a likable person. Ever thought of that? Go to an American gun range and try to meet mean unfriendly people, I never have.
    You are lucky or not looking, I have met plenty of dicks at ranges. It isn't like areas are free from various types of people or mindsets to assume that is very foolish. As far as the CNN MSNBC stuff I imagine even if they are a blind sheep to those stations others that follow those stations wouldn't mind that, so the issue is the person not the information source.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    You are lucky or not looking, I have met plenty of dicks at ranges. It isn't like areas are free from various types of people or mindsets to assume that is very foolish. As far as the CNN MSNBC stuff I imagine even if they are a blind sheep to those stations others that follow those stations wouldn't mind that, so the issue is the person not the information source.
    In all seriousness I never meet anything but nice people st ranges. They will ask me what I'm shooting, offer to let me try their gun etc. Get into non gun conversations like good things to do in the area or places to eat.