Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Nobody needs a 4k TV
    Nobody needs a 100k Car
    Nobody needs that 1k suit
    Nobody needs ....

People will be spending money on new, pricey gadgets all the time.

The problem is not the price here, the problem is with the design. It's too heavy, too chunky and not flexible.

I want and always wanted a flex phone, not a foldable brick that gives me a bigger display.

Give me a phone that is as thick as a regular cardboard maybe, and if I can bend and twist it, I'll pay double the price of this thing.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Unless you have money to burn, don’t buy the first iteration of tech, it’s usually open beta, and you, the customer, are the beta tester.
    This is so true in too many cases. Just like, I will not download and install any optional updates for Windows on my computer. Those are for beta testing and they are using the consumer for such.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post

Still getting security updates and Android updates through AOSP

- - - Updated - - -
    That's nice, but as a product with functionality it's about as useful as a Nokia3310 with a browser

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    The older (slower) bands are usually more reliable and reach further - and the net is getting denser and denser for all the newer frequencies, which greatly benefits the slowers ones, too. If you, like me, use mobile data primarily for messengers and navigation, even GPRS will do the job well enough most of the time.

The only real weak point of old phones are their batteries, but those were pretty much all exchangable back in the day. So just swap in some replacement and you're good.
    I have a S4 that I use as my personal phone and have had for a very long time, I also have a S9 for work. Obviously the S9 has newer and better features and other bells and whistles you would expect with a much newer device. The biggest performance difference I notice from one to the other though is the speed and connection quality on the S9. Going into parking garages or lower levels in buildings and it still gets a strong phone and internet signal the S4 craps out far sooner and under lesser blockages. Both have the same coverage too so it isn't a carrier issue. Now it could easily be partially dumped on the fact that one phone is older and by default will have a little more lag or issues, but a lot of the issue is the older phones not being able to pick up different frequencies the newer devices can.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    I think people are just not surprised that this turned out to be a terrible idea.
    It's a great idea, flexible screens have so many uses beyond foldable wide screen devices. But as always the first out of the gate is buggy as fuck. It's always the 2nd to market that makes the money in the tech world.

Any one remember the Microsoft tablet pc they released to a flop on 2000? Nope, but apple have sold a ton of ipads.

How do these get to mass production? Like 5/5 reviewers there were all dead in a single day?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Apparently the reviewers are taking off the protective cover of the phone and that's what's causing the breakage. Either way, it's 2 grand for the thing. In a few years these things will be super common and way more affordable with better protections. I tend to stay away from the early iteration of tech devices. That said, a phone that folds out to a tablet is pretty cool idea.
    In the article I read, some people left their covers on and it still broke. So it seems to be the phone as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    That's nice, but as a product with functionality it's about as useful as a Nokia3310 with a browser
    Can do literally anything a new device can just not the performance. But hey, you get to keep things like a removable battery and head phone jack

10+ Year Old Account
    People who bought this phone didn't realized that? even old flip phones with buttons had their... bridge? broken often. It's basically consumers beta testing this tech
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're holding... err folding it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a clear design issue there. IMO it's a good novelty thing, but it's totally not practical right now.

Even breaking aside, when folded the thing is like a bloody remote control - thick and long and I don't have place in my pants for another one of those (hue hue).

Other than that its 2k grand price is ridiculous, especially considering it will cost good extra over that in many countries. Phones are already pushing it when it comes to price and I love high end electronics, but this is not a price I am ready to pay for a smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    These phones are getting ridiculous. I'm perfectly happy with my galaxy s3. Had it for years with no problems.
    Holy fuck I think you have to upgrade at some point soon since a lot of apps will stop supporting it.

Also its just common sense that you dont buy the first few generations of any new tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

First generation it's more of a gimmick than a product, aimed towards deep pocketed tech enthusiasts. I also heard those phones that broke happen because they removed the plastic cover.