Poll: Would you ever buy a subscription and pledge loyalty to a brand?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

Would you ever buy a subscription and pledge loyalty to a brand?

Example say your favorite Car Brand, or Clothing Line, or even Technology Device Manufacturer wanted to offer you an exclusive. You would get any of their products for well below market prices and be able to take part in any of their other owned properties in the same manner provided you signed a contract.

Would you ever buy a subscription and pledge loyalty to a brand?

The reason I ask is because with all the massive companies world wide that make products, I am kind of curious about the possibilities if a company could eventually trade on that brand in a new way.

Very similar to the way they had before many of the anti trust laws began.

An employee works for a company, and as party of that employment there they get a exclusive deals, where maybe they could get products for at or even below retail, just like those who maybe have a subscription who aren't employed.

One hand washes the other effectively trading on said brand for more security and structured sales.

I can't imagine it happening any time soon, but with company's like Amazon owning everything, or Apple maybe developing Driver less cars etc innovation is becoming king and if business began to act like governments, how could that change the way we live.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    If it offered me discount of a useful amount, sure. Else, no.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    If it offered me discount of a useful amount, sure. Else, no.
    Yeah, like for example $49.95 a month. You get say a Ford F-150 Normally say $55,000 you get for $30,000 and you get financed for 300$ a month, that comes with Insurance/warrenty, which you could pay all the way off or After so many months, you could trade it in for whatever value, and get something else.

Someone else who is a Subscriber, could pick up that same F-150 Used for less, and so fourth.

Basically you are a member so anything and everything associated with the brand you get an unbelievable deal, just for being a member. The only hitch is you sign a contract, so if you leave you simply pay for whatever you owe and whatever difference
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah, like for example $49.95 a month. You get say a Ford F-150 Normally say $55,000 you get for $30,000 and you get financed for 300$ a month, that comes with Insurance/warrenty, which you could pay all the way off or After so many months, you could trade it in for whatever value, and get something else.

Someone else who is a Subscriber, could pick up that same F-150 Used for less, and so fourth.

Basically you are a member so anything and everything associated with the brand you get an unbelievable deal, just for being a member. The only hitch is you sign a contract, so if you leave you simply pay for whatever you owe and whatever difference
    It would depend hugely on the terms and conditions. How exactly am I being restricted in this deal? For example, I like Coca-Cola a lot and wouldn't mind getting their products for less... but not if it involved a contract that said I wasn't allowed to drink any Pepsi products ever. If I break the rules, do I just pay the difference between what I spent and what I would have spent if I never signed to begin with, or would there be a huge 'cancellation fee' charged? Companies aren't just going to offer me a contract that is only benefits to me, contracts exist to lock people into an agreement and aren't generally a thing if there's no reason either side might want to change their mind.

The problem with such things historically has been that the restrictions have generally WAY WAY outweighed the benefits, and pushed upon people like it or not, to the point where the contracts were so abusive that the government had to step in. And while if it got that bad again the government would step in again, the government is a lot better at being reactive than proactive and a lot of people can be hurt very badly in the meantime.