Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Imagine if they don't even get world 2nd
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

I also think Pieces won because they didn't stream and were very secretive about what they're doing.
    Method was an open book so others could adapt and evolve their approaches.

Method ultimately chose €€€ over World First.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Hahah Method failing so hard. All fanboys are silent now suddenly.. usually they are the loudest.
    Not getting a WF in a 2 boss filler raid is now failing? Method is not like Limit who always say that they could have done it but end up failing...

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post

This bs again. Method lost WF because:

1) Pieces is a legit good guild.
    2) They had a lot more team issues than usual (Sco holiday, MDI people being unavailable early on, roster issues causing them to start raiding in the late afternoon).
    3) They played like trash the last 2 days. I watched enough of it and Josh admits it himself: they were wildly inconsistent, getting to phase 3 one pull and then wiping on early dumb P1 mistakes for the next 3 hours.

Pieces beat them fair and square, but the streaming or whatever is not a factor in any of this. The fact that Pieces had over 700 pulls themself means they spent little time just watching whatever was happening for Method and adapt their strats to that. Pieces went at this as hard as Method did in terms of time spent.

Method managed WF well enough in Uldir and BoD with the streaming gig.

I also think Pieces won because they didn't stream and were very secretive about what they're doing.

I think Pieces won because they are hungry for it.
    And lets not forget Method could have killed this 2? days ago with their 2% wipe.
    Fatigue appears to have gotten to them, it happens when you hardcore raid for long periods of time on the same boss.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by vandris View Post
    Not getting a WF in a 2 boss filler raid is now failing? Method is not like Limit who always say that they could have done it but end up failing...
    Filler raid with 700+ wipes. Yeah not something they take serious

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I think Pieces won because they are hungry for it.
    And lets not forget Method could have killed this 2? days ago with their 2% wipe.
    Fatigue appears to have gotten to them, it happens when you hardcore raid for long periods of time on the same boss.
    Bullshit of course. It's almost like you people haven't spent any time raiding whatsoever. Pieces got it because they are hungry? What the hell is that supposed to mean. You think Method isn't motivated to get the WF? They know they have a reputation (and business that goes along with it) to uphold. Not getting WF isn't a good thing for them.

Fatigue is nonsense. These guys have spent years raiding, they know the drill on high pull count bosses. Same for the lads from Pieces by the way, and any other guild gunning for WF. It's not like Method was just tired from all the raiding all of a sudden.

Pieces won because they played a lot and they played well/better than the competition. 730 Pulls is nothing to sniff at, that's a lot of time spent on this boss. Any other esoteric explanation disrespects their achievement.
    Last edited by Ashina; 2019-05-03 at 04:10 PM.

Cogratulations to Pieces!
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

This was why Serenity was formed at the end of WoD and why method has to merge with Rapid Eye Movement at the start of Legion.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Filler raid with 700+ wipes. Yeah not something they take serious
    Why are you so against Method btw? Did Josh touch you or what?

Method could have won it but they kinda didn't play too well the last 2-3 days . GG Pieces.

Still, I mean everyone has their own opinions so if you don't agree its fine... I firmly believe guilds not streaming have a massive advantage. Basically, Pieces could oberserve every step Method took and had less pressure in general.

In the end I guess this outcome is fantastic for the scene as a whole, can't wait to watch the next race and I really hope we will see Limit & Pieces streaming in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Vanilla hardcore guilds didnt dayraid either.

At least we didnt and we were world top 2-5 from vanilla well into WotLK.
    What's funny is, people who say "it took such and such a time to kill the end boss of Vanilla!" obviously never played vanilla or forgot the fucking hoops we had to jump through and the bugs we had to deal with on some of these bosses.....

Very little time was spent on most of the bosses themselves.

The streaming $ is a bonus but it didn't affect the world 1st race. A lot of guilds have been streaming & I've watched Method a lot this raid and for a lot of the time they've just not been playing as well as we know they can even now they are making mistakes instead of consistently getting to phase 3.

Aversion just had a 6.5% pull so hopefully it should die again at least once more today.

They were resting on their laurels,, racking it in with streams and sponsors, going on lavish holidays when they like mid race and the rest of it. Now it's finally caught up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    they were wildly inconsistent, getting to phase 3 one pull and then wiping on early dumb P1 mistakes for the next 3 hours.
    glad my guild isn't the only one

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    They were resting on their laurels,, racking it in with streams and sponsors, going on lavish holidays when they like mid race and the rest of it. Now it's finally caught up with them.
    Agree, the amount of banter/face slapping they will receive over the next months will be well deserved, considering that they (or at least many core members) have been very cocky on twitch/social media since uldir

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    A lot of factors that made C'thun and some nax bosses takes a long time to kill.

-Lack of information & bad data collection. U were pretty much in the dark as a guild aiming for realm first or world first.
    -Overtuned bosses and buggy encounters. Some bosses were unkillable for weeks until blizzard realized they are unkillable.
    -Many raiders were lagging.
    -Extreme gear requirements. If you don't have 5 warriors with 6 set pieces for 4 horsemen, u're screwed.

And this applies only to C'thun & some nax bosses. All other raids were facerolled and dealt with as soon as people reached them.
    Even to add to that.

Raggy required multiple people with water to even pull.
    Not only did Nef require those cloaks he also had a 15 minute respawn timer, this was triggered no matter how far you got into the fight...
    All the run backs were insane and trash respawned after mere hours and took a lot of time to kill, c'thun trash being one of the worst.

This is what happens if you stream your progress to secondary guilds. Method knew this could happen.

GG

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    A lot of factors that made C'thun and some nax bosses takes a long time to kill.

-Lack of information & bad data collection. U were pretty much in the dark as a guild aiming for realm first or world first.
    -Overtuned bosses and buggy encounters. Some bosses were unkillable for weeks until blizzard realized they are unkillable.
    -Many raiders were lagging.
    -Extreme gear requirements. If you don't have 5 warriors with 6 set pieces for 4 horsemen, u're screwed.

And this applies only to C'thun & some nax bosses. All other raids were facerolled and dealt with as soon as people reached them.
    It's just not comparable. Any better guild today has at least 1 person who can code or modify addons, back then you would use literal real life stopwatch to time mechanics sometimes.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to se Pieces getting the world first, they deserve it. Worked harder than the others for it.

Also nice to see Method's fanbase going nuts trying to defend their defeat.