Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedictu View Post
    The problem with this line of thinking is that we pay for an entire team of designers to design good gear. That is their job. If a set looks bad and you revert to 'who cares, there's always tmog' then why do they even bother designing gear in the first place? That said, they have overall done a good job this xpac with gear design... just not this.
    I understand that, and you make a good point. However, the game is 15 years old, and after that long, its challenging to continue to be creatively innovative, at times even unrealistic to expect beautiful new armor every patch. If to some gear continues to decline in design quality, then they may have been dabbling in the same game too long because that same gear appeases other players, in some cases newer players, not as jaded by age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your opinion on whether or not you like them, hate them, think they're inspired or think they're derivative doesn't correlate to effort. Frankly I think they're terrible but as a non-raider I don't much care.

The remark up the thread a ways about sets being hit-and-miss and that there are only so many ways you can design armor has some validity. It's probably also valid that the armor art team might be in a rut. I think most of the raid armor of the last few expansions is sort of uninteresting but that's me. I sort of checked out of the armor criticism business back when priests were given toilet bowls for shoulders. Even though I don't care for these, they're better than that.

Good job on the "lied" part though. Sure it will get more people to click in. "Blizzard lied" is pretty evergreen for getting a lot of responses.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-04-21 at 03:16 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Maybe they should hire some new armor designers if the current ones can't be inspired enough to come up with new armor designs for classes.
    Or maybe you can just use the existing hundreds of class sets and let there be sets with other themes?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Or maybe you can just use the existing hundreds of class sets and let there be sets with other themes?
    Most of them are too low Rez to even consider using. Anything before Cata is just too outdated now.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't the solution we were hoping for. We get fewer sets of about the same quality as before, not more unique sets.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

None of the sets have partical effects and cloth is the only one to have something on the chest. Very boring and barely step above Uldir.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Your opinion on whether or not you like them, hate them, think they're inspired or think they're derivative doesn't correlate to effort. Frankly I think they're terrible but as a non-raider I don't much care.

The remark up the thread a ways about sets being hit-and-miss and that there are only so many ways you can design armor has some validity. It's probably also valid that the armor art team might be in a rut. I think most of the raid armor of the last few expansions is sort of uninteresting but that's me. I sort of checked out of the armor criticism business back when priests were given toilet bowls for shoulders. Even though I don't care for these, they're better than that.

Good job on the "lied" part though. Sure it will get more people to click in. "Blizzard lied" is pretty evergreen for getting a lot of responses.
    I’m not a priest but I loved that tier. Now that you said toilet bowls I can see why people wouldn’t like it but they look kinda like the Night elf ponds you see in the starting zone/not-burned darnassus, it’s kinda cool. I think this was from Cata BWD but could be wrong. I honestly thought cata had some of the better sets for priest with that one and the DS one. Now I feel kinda bad for enjoying toilet bowl shoulders all these years.

I liked a good amount of armor this expac. The alliance stormgarde WF plate armor was good, uldir plate was okay, BoD mythic plate is fantastic imo. I’m not too sure how I feel about the 8.2 sets, the plate mythic helm is okay but I don’t really like the rest.

I don't think it looks that bad, but i suppose they did flounder a bit on the final design.

BoD leather and cloth mythic are god-tier sets. Plate is also great. These are literally the only good sets to come out of this expansion though, apart from a handful of the arathi sets (alliance leather / plate, horde mail/ plate). The weapons have been pretty good tho, albeit not as much personality as the artifacts.

Right now BfA has: 8 quest sets, 8 dungeon sets, 8 raid sets, 16 warfront/pvp sets, 5 unique sets from Islands (plus all of the new colors of old sets), and 10 heritage armor sets (6 if you want to count the first 4 allied races as Legion).

In 8.2 we're getting at least: 4 raid, 4 pvp, 2 heritage armor. Which would bring the total for BfA up to 65 new sets.

When 7.2 came out we only had about 44 new sets from Legion, iirc. I may have missed some, but I don't think I missed 20+. Seems like they were truthful to me.
    Last edited by seleri; 2019-04-21 at 04:02 AM.

Given how unlikely it is that you can even finish a PvE transmog set I have lost almost all interest in them. Pretty much all the DK sets in legion required a BoE item to finish them. The ones so far in BFA I still haven't gotten all the parts of any of them. The last PvE transmog set I actually completed was the Heroic Nighthold DK set. Given a typical set has 8 parts and each part you have about a 1 in 4 chance of getting a drop from the appropriate boss and then its maybe 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 chance to actually get the transmog part, then of course factor in that at least some of them are going to be more useful to someone else in the raid than they will be to you and the odds of actually finishing a PvE transmog set is basically zero. At least the PvP ones you can pretty much guarantee the unlock if you are into that but the PvE ones at this point depend on either running the content multiple times a week with different chars who use the same armor type or just accept that it's not something you will complete until two expansions from now when you can go back and solo the content if you are bored enough.

And if you want the sets from easier difficulties, well who wants to do raid finder just to be that guy who gets items that are far worse than you have equiped just to keep them for the transmog instead of trading them to someone who actually needs them? Content that requires you to treat the players in your group badly just for a cosmetic reward is a bad idea.
    Last edited by Sulika; 2019-04-21 at 04:08 AM.

They don't look that good, but nobody can do amazing work 100% of the time. So whatever, stop overreacting.

Of course they did, and I said it was a lie from the beginning and was harassed by the majority of people on here for saying it.

Blizzard is L A Z Y

Understand? L A Z Y

They do not care if the game is fun, only profitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those sets are trash. One more reason why my sub is off.

7+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has never been interested in troll or naga themed armour sets, dating as far back as vanilla / TBC, this expansions raid sets have been a very big miss for me.

Good thing the warfront sets are baller for the most part.

That mythic cloth set is about the only appealing design for this upcoming tier it seems.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Of course they did, and I said it was a lie from the beginning and was harassed by the majority of people on here for saying it.

Blizzard is L A Z Y

Understand? L A Z Y

They do not care if the game is fun, only profitable.
    if you do the math it seems like the majority were right to say you were wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dig 'em.
    Doesn't really matter since i play male pandaren and everything looks like shit on me
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

BFA Grade:

Story: C- Derivative, Repetitive, Uninspired
    Music: B Not bad, but obvious low effort. Compare it to cataclysm music for example.
    Environment Art: A Good
    Armor/Character Art: F, They opted out of class sets, they cover so many sets with horde and alliance iconography, the rest are only slight deviations from each other and just 10x fins or glowing fel spots, whatever the raid is.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-04-21 at 05:59 AM.

Though I liked most of the sets in BfA, I gotta admit this has some very strong "hunter armor" vibe - and that's not a good thing.

What's worse, even the PvP gear is as generic as it gets - same models for the Alliance and the Horde, one blue, other one red.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Most of them are too low Rez to even consider using. Anything before Cata is just too outdated now.
    I would disagree with that on several sets before Cata: Avatar Raiment, Corruptor Raiment, Field Marshal's Sanctuary, Field Marshal's Vestments, Dreadnaught's Battlegear, and Deathmantle to name a few that is still very popular for mogging and several others that get occasional use.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2019-04-21 at 09:55 AM.