Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Bernie Sanders won over the Fox News audience and Trump is PISSED

Trump Really Wasn’t Happy That Fox News Hosted a Bernie Sanders Town Hall
    The president’s favorite network treated viewers to a rare dose of common sense on Monday night

On Monday night, Fox News hosted a town hall with Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders. It may not have gone the way the network was expecting. Sanders was generally well received by the studio audience, which even cheered when host Bret Baier asked them if they supported Medicare-for-All, the all-inclusive healthcare plan for which Sanders has long advocated. President Trump seemed confused, tweeting Tuesday morning about how “weird” it was that “Crazy Bernie” appeared on his favorite network. “Not surprisingly, @BretBaier and the ‘audience’ was so smiley and nice,” Trump wrote.

The president couldn’t seem to get the appearance out of his head Tuesday night. In the span of 30 minutes, he claimed there were actually a bunch of Trump fans outside the previous night’s town hall; railed against the tax returns Sanders released on Monday (the Trump administration appears poised to break the law in an effort to keep the president’s returns from going public); and predicted that the Democratic primary will come down to a race between “Crazy Bernie Sanders” and “Sleepy Joe Biden.”

May God Rest Their Soul!

Donald Trump may have been frustrated that the hosts were too “smiley” and that Fox News didn’t allow a supposed throng of Trump supporters in to disrupt the event, but it wasn’t as if Baier and co-host Martha MacAllum didn’t do all they could to challenge Sanders. They just weren’t very successful.

Sanders had practical, sensible responses to everything the hosts threw at him. He deflected criticism that as a millionaire he is benefitting from Trump’s tax cut by simply pointing out that he voted against it. When pressed about how his policies could cause the national debt to balloon, he wondered why more Republicans weren’t saying the same thing about the $1.5 trillion tax break Trump gave to wealthy Americans and corporations raking in billions. Sanders also took it to the president directly. “Whether you’re a conservative, a moderate, or a progressive, I don’t think the American people are proud that we have a president who is a pathological liar,” he said. “And it does not give me pleasure to say that.”

But the night’s signature moment came when Baier polled the audience about where they get their healthcare, and whether they’d support transitioning to “a government-run system.” Nearly everyone in the room raised their hand, with several people clapping and cheering.

As the Washington Post points out, the transcript of the town hall notes that the audience applauded 72 times. The event was also the highest-rated town hall of the 2020 primary, with over 2.5 million viewers tuning into the president’s favorite network to watch a bunch of people cheering on the frontrunner to take him on in the 2020 election. Trump appears to have been one of them.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...n-hall-823303/

Short version, Sanders took an invite to Fox News, whose hosts drastically underestimated how well left wing policies might be received by their base once stripped of their partisan tribalistic fearmongering. Yes you heard right, that was the sound of thunderous applause from a Fox News audience for the idea of replacing their employer-based healthcare for a government run system.

Needless to say, Trump got some major sand in his vagina over that. After all, shitty Fox TV shows are basically all he cares about.

And, credit to Fox, it's not like they didn't try to stack the deck:

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...int-usa/223451

Fucking Turning Point USA lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I am glad Bernie had the balls to walk into the lions den, kept his cool professional head the best one could, and eventually receive a positive return from the crowd. I don't always agree with Bernie but he is looking like the Democrat we need. Not overly caught up in SJW culture wars and looks like he can hold his course even when the toddler President fumes in his direction.

It's the economy, stupid!

Props for Bernie to actually reach out to the other side instead of calling people white supremacists. He might actually have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Props for Bernie to actually reach out to the other side instead of calling people white supremacists. He might actually have a chance.
    Thought your ilk's war on PC culture also involved calling white supremacists white supremacists? Or is being blunt somehow the sole right of your ilk?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Thought your ilk's war on PC culture also involved calling white supremacists white supremacists? Or is being blunt somehow the sole right of your ilk?
    Habla English?

IT's a start in the right direction.

Yeah, this is the first time. Like remember when Dems DIDN'T try and give Trump $25 billion for a wall? Man, wouldn't it suck if they did try that to come to a compromise for something else and Trump shot it down? A sham etha tnever happened though, else then you'd be right with how this is the first time this is happening.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Yeah, this is the first time. Like remember when Dems DIDN'T try and give Trump $25 billion for a wall? Man, wouldn't it suck if they did try that to come to a compromise for something else and Trump shot it down? A sham etha tnever happened though, else then you'd be right with how this is the first time this is happening.
    I'm sorry. Why were you trying to help those "filthy deplorables" that shouldn't get anything again? Why are you compromising on the wall if the claim is you oppose it?

You shouldn't be compromising unless you don't feel as strongly as you do about that mean ol wall.

I'm sorry. Why were you trying to help those "filthy deplorables" that shouldn't get anything again? Why are you compromising on the wall if the claim is you oppose it?

You shouldn't be compromising unless you don't feel as strongly as you do about that mean ol wall.
    Your claim was this was the first time something like this was happening. I'm only calling you out on how bullshit that is, nothing more.

Your claim was this was the first time something like this was happening. I'm only calling you out on how bullshit that is, nothing more.
    It is. A compromise that you claim to oppose is not the same as actually listening to voters.

But I get it. Doing anything more than screaming racist is hard work.

It is. A compromise that you claim to oppose is not the same as actually listening to voters.

Ah yes, because I've screamed racist so much on here, do go on and show me when that happened. Nice try, you should go ahead and attempt some more bullshit. Perhaps you shouldn't use "first" when it's not factually that and then it wouldn't be so easy to poke holes in that "logic" of yours.

7+ Year Old Account

Strawman NPC back again!

Ah yes, because I've screamed racist so much on here, do go on and show me when that happened. Nice try, you should go ahead and attempt some more bullshit. Perhaps you shouldn't use "first" when it's not factually that and then it wouldn't be so easy to poke holes in that "logic" of yours.
    I don't see a compromise you are opposed to as actually reaching out. You can't fund the wall and also be against it.

And yes. I'm sure the white supremacy Pearl clutchers never called anyone racist.

Habla English?
    Made me giggle fair play
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Bernie ends up being the Dem pick, he has my vote. No questions asked.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Bernie is a bit further to the left than I like, but at the same time Bernie winning the election would make the GOP completely lose their shit.

So if he wins the nomination I'll vote for him.

I haven't crunched the numbers quite yet, but my general sense is that 9 times out of 10, when a conversation descends into absurd racial nonsense, you are the person that instigated it.

Why are you so obsessed with making everything about racism?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I would consider voting for Bernie, if for nothing else he would solidly destroy the current political makeup of the US and allow an actual conservative party to rise.

He also doesn't seem to be bought into the annoying identity politics and focuses more on class division, which is okay by me.
    "Conservatives" like who? Roy Moore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Still a big Bernie fan, if he gets the pick he'll get my vote, but realistically when the alternative is Trump and I'm not a right-winger, I'll vote for whoever the Democrat party picks, unfortunately.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.