Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I got my enjoyment from leveling allied races to 110 as fast as I could. So does that guy that leveled a shitload of warriors to 120. To each their own.
    If you want to get to 120 as fast as possible, questing is the fastest way. If you want to have fun, choose the thing that you like doing most.
    Yep, and i select the fun part.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    And for that, you will play years of dull content you dislike?

And only a minority is like you, who would play everything they dislike only for a few moments of gameplay they like.
    I should play a drinking game, every time you make a stupid comment that makes no sense, I take a shot. I'd be dead by now.

You severely overestimate the amount of out of raid content I need to do, and underestimate the amount of time a week I spend raiding.

On my main, I raid 4 nights a week, 4 hours per night. I also have 2 alts both similarly geared, which I do alt raids on, mix of heroic and mythic, this is about another 6 hours across the week.

Leveling is very very quick compared to how long I spend raiding. Each expansion it's just 6-8hrs on each character.

Really, you're so self involved it's sad, and you're just trying to be petty now by insulting the content I do.

I actually play the game and I have deemed the parts I enjoy, fun enough to make the parts I don't like, worth it.

You're the one playing a video game you don't love, you just get a basic level of enjoyment out of, never worth doing a second of content you don't also get a basic level of enjoyment out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    For many, effectiveness is part of their fun, you know? Just like grouping up can hold more effective and sometimes fun use.
    I wonder if the fanatical wish for effectiveness in the wow community is not just a symptom for toxcicity, in special considering the fact that people who want to be effective in a computer game do not really value the specific gameplay anymore often.

Do you level because you like to level? Or do you just want the heritage armor at level 110? Is the reward worth playing something for hours you dislike? And why do you play gameplay you dislike?

And why do you play gameplay you dislike?
    Why do people work overtime at a job they don't like, to go on a trip overseas for fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You're the one playing a video game you don't love, you just get a basic level of enjoyment out of, never worth doing a second of content you don't also get a basic level of enjoyment out of.
    I love the gameplay i play. And get a lot of enjoyment out of World of Warcraft. The difference between you and me is just that i will never play anything i dislike. The game exists for my enjoyment, and not for me doing things i hate.

You would do whatever dull content you had to play if the reward was an item which would help you in your raiding game.

You are both commited to a raiding guild and to everlasting progress and competition. Nothing i would ever focus at in a computer game.

I do that for my real life job. I am committed to my company. To my family. But surely would never commit myself to a group of pixel boss bashers in good old azeroth.

I infact think that your way to play the game is the most toxic approach, as something which only was made for fun, as playing a game, is being perverted into a real life meritocracy, where a game replaces a job and a career in real life.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-04-22 at 10:42 AM.

For me it's a mix of questing and dungeons. Maybe not the fastest way, but I find only questing way too boring.

after lvl 20 dungeons until lvl 80ish then questing with dungeons whenever Q's pop up

90 to 100 just spam bonus events and collect treasures(if you have flying that is)

100 to 110 invasions?

110 to 120 i havent figured that out yet

i stick to questing and world events

Edit: wow i totally forgot the level caps for each expac
    Last edited by kyoloco; 2019-04-22 at 11:01 AM.

My KT Shaman did:
    20-90 questing with AAP
    90-100 WOD treasures (no bonus objectives)
    100-110 Legion invasions (fastest /played if you don’t mind the IRL wait)
    110-117 Islands & Incursions
    117-120 War Campaign & Incursions
    Total time /played was about a day and half iirc (36hrs or so).

My other Allied races have all burnt out sub 60 as I just don’t enjoy questing after the first few times so will probably do 20-90 healing dungeons while rested + XP pots. Might not be faster but should be more enjoyable.

Every expansion I mange to level 2-3 characters via questing then look for other means. It just gets so boring.... even now, leveling in past expansions feels painful having done it several times before.

Efficiency is one thing, but it’s second to enjoyment imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I level with questing and gather-professions. To help make it quicker I use:
    - heirlooms
    - buff from Darkmoon-faire (if available)
    - only play with rested-xp-bonus
    - the Addon AAP (Azeroth Auto Pilot)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the fanatical wish for effectiveness in the wow community is not just a symptom for toxcicity, in special considering the fact that people who want to be effective in a computer game do not really value the specific gameplay anymore often.

Do you level because you like to level? Or do you just want the heritage armor at level 110? Is the reward worth playing something for hours you dislike? And why do you play gameplay you dislike?
    I never really said that I dislike the gameplay. I have leveled more than enough characters to reach an effective and well feeling method of my own, I enjoy sitting back to level while I have a movie/audiobook going on. I have unlocked all allied races (unlike some), all heritage armors available (unlike some), all factions available, always going for double loremaster (Horde AND Alliance) to the point where content is like now, just a top up.

Effeciency has NOTHING to do with toxicity.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I never really said that I dislike the gameplay. I have leveled more than enough characters to reach an effective and well feeling method of my own, I enjoy sitting back to level while I have a movie/audiobook going on. I have unlocked all allied races (unlike some), all heritage armors available (unlike some), all factions available, always going for double loremaster (Horde AND Alliance) to the point where content is like now, just a top up.

Effeciency has NOTHING to do with toxicity.
    You seem to be a rare occasion considering how many people complain about things they do they have to do but not like to do. It is epidemic if you look onto forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be a rare occasion considering how many people complain about things they do they have to do but not like to do. It is epidemic if you look onto forums.
    I know there is things I won't like to do but that I have to do to obtain what I might enjoy/like to have.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I know there is things I won't like to do but that I have to do to obtain what I might enjoy/like to have.
    There is nothing i "have to do" in world of warcraft. Nothing i do not like to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you want to go faster, then quests.
    At least from 20-110

BfA Dungeons do give quite a bit more of experience
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing i "have to do" in world of warcraft. Nothing i do not like to do.
    Well, see where it brought your current situation.

I might not like the process but the outcome is something I enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If you want to go faster, then quests.
    At least from 20-110

BfA Dungeons do give quite a bit more of experience
    Don't quest in MoP and WoD, treasures, your clear those brackets in 1 hr each (maximum).

That is one of the problems of nowadays wow community. Instead of doing what is fun some do what is most effective. Without having fun.

And become toxic because of that.

Effectiveness is something for an assembly line. But not for a computer game.
    My god people like you are annoying

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Don't quest in MoP and WoD, treasures, your clear those brackets in 1 hr each (maximum).

Well, it does have exceptions. I do quest in MoP simply because Jade Forest is easy as fuck
    During WoD all I do are Bonus Zones + treasures. You can easily go from 90 to 102 in 2 hours
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

But the gameplay is actually what matters most in a game, and not the reward.

Also what "current situation" do you talk about?

That i may not play Kul Tirans because i play no dungeons?

I will, next expac. And i have fun all the time as i only play what is fun to me.

And you?
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-04-22 at 04:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the gameplay is actually what matters most in a game, and not the reward.
    Gameplay is just one part of the list, not even the major part.

Gameplay is just one part of the list, not even the major part.
    Oh actually gameplay is everything that matters. At least for me.

You seem to have the opinion everyone should have to play what he would not like if he wanted the same reward you got.

You seem to want to share your pain among others. And that is not toxic?