About broken draenei

Hello there, I always fancied broken draenei, wanted them as playable but alas. Maybe someone know anything related to them and allied race system? Did devs denied them, postponed or something? I believe argus broken draenei are using same animations and skeletons as regular draenei right so they would have fit brooding dark allied race better than void elves and lightforged could have been just quest chain for regular draenei, but yeah... alas

Honestly, in hindsight, the Broken should have been introduced in BC while the Draenei could have been introduced in LGN with the Lightforged model (instead of the current crap that we got).

The main problem with them is there's never been a female model, so it seems unlikely.

Other thing, after we destroyed Argus titan we doomed that planet right? So story wise it would be nice recruitment quest chain where guilty Velen helps broken to pack up things and introduce them this whole new world. Broken draenei know what happens if titan is corrupted or harmed so they pledge their lives to save azeroths titan from harm cuz this is their new home. Bam! I made in 2min better allied race story than whole void elf thing...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    The main problem with them is there's never been a female model, so it seems unlikely.
    Hmm you are right, there are no female broken... but alliance always could use more (dont wanna say ugly) battle-scarred females. Probably devs already moved on from legion left overs. Well it was good missed opportunity and i cant find any blue post regarding broken draenei as playable.
    Or maybe they are not popular among players and nobody really cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobman View Post
    Hello there, I always fancied broken draenei
    Well it would be cool

Also a little ot: Is that Michael Jackson on your avatar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Well it would be cool

Also a little ot: Is that Michael Jackson on your avatar?
    Even better, thats new non toxic masculinity avatar of justice.

5+ Year Old Account
    Even better, thats new non toxic masculinity avatar of justice.
    I haven't slept since seeing it!

Hello there, I always fancied broken draenei, wanted them as playable but alas. Maybe someone know anything related to them and allied race system? Did devs denied them, postponed or something? I believe argus broken draenei are using same animations and skeletons as regular draenei right so they would have fit brooding dark allied race better than void elves and lightforged could have been just quest chain for regular draenei, but yeah... alas
    I have loved the Broken Draenei since we got some for the first looks at them and also the Akama short story was great you follow him from a light wielding Draenei to the Broken Shaman we know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    I haven't slept since seeing it!
    I mean who would be prettier?
    This statues face or face of female broken draenei?

Broken could still be an Allied Race in the future, with both the Argus Krokul and Outland/Azeroth Broken as skin/stance options.

They haven't really made an official statement yet, so this is just a guess on my part. They're probably trying to cover a lot of different races with the Allied Races as they are now. All of the Allied Races so far have been related to another playable race - should Vulpera become playable (which seems very likely), they aren't related to another race that we know of, but they do use Goblin animations. Of course, the current Draenei Allied Race is Lightforged. With all that, Blizzard is probably trying to cover all the sub-races (and proto-races) once over, before doubling up.

As far as lore and gameplay, Broken/Krokul are perfect as an Allied Race. The Broken are already part of the Alliance, and there are lots of neutral Krokul that could join us as well. They use player animations - they could use the updated Tauren animations for the Outland Broken, the Draenei animations for the Argus Krokul, or those could both be options based on stance (similar to standing orcs). Creating a female model would work easily then, by adding a new "shell" for female Tauren and Draenei animations. We've also seen a female Broken in a manga.

They could also be quite an array of classes, like rogues, hunters, warriors, shamans, mages, and warlocks. Despite the fact that they are said (and mostly shown) to be rejected by the Light, we've also seen Broken paladins and priests. It's also not impossible for some Broken to be druids - the Feralfen Lost Ones were druids, meaning that it would be possible for Broken as well. Likewise, monks work with nearly any race.

Perhaps if they choose to do a "second pass" through Allied Races, we could see Broken as the Draenei-related Allied Race again. This could also allow for quite a few other related Allied Races, like Taunka/Grimtotem, Forest Trolls, Wildhammers, Mok'nathal, thin Humans, undead Elves, or anything else. If the Broken were made opposite of the Taunka, both would have fairly unique body shapes while still being related to another race on their respective factions (while also currently being part of said factions anyway).
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I mean who would be prettier?
    This statues face or face of female broken draenei?
    I would say face of female broken dreanei (TBH Sargeras asshole would be prettier).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Broken could still be an Allied Race
    Nice, thanks for that image, never seen female broken before. Yeah probably you are right about second lap AR, but probably it will take ages, heh one can only hope.

To be honest Broken should have been the Draenei AR instead of Lightforged.

Lightforged are just normal Draenei who undergo a ritual, they aren't born that way and aren't a true race either, they are akin to the Night Warrior ritual for the Night Elves and for that they would have been better off as a customization unlock.