Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I wish they'd done it with sub-races like most fans wanted, where it was just a new series of customization features for pre-existing races and didn't need anything crazy to unlock. I am not looking forward to grinding just for cooler looking gnomes, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I wish they'd done it with sub-races like most fans wanted, where it was just a new series of customization features for pre-existing races and didn't need anything crazy to unlock. I am not looking forward to grinding just for cooler looking gnomes, y'know?
    Pretty much well said.

Show me where the players actively said to Blizz "we want to spend at least a month grinding for some races along with other requirements"....

Nobody wanted this. They wanted either sub races to be able to create on day 1 of them being ready or customisation features for current races.

It's not like I would farm Rustbolt Rep by doing the actual content and playing the game.. but I could also wine about it to oblivion and beyond. And for my part, I am eager to find out what could be the racials of Mechagnomes, since all the other Races currently not appeal to me as option for my second main.

Happy for the people that like and want them, but I'd take just about anything else over a gnome variant.

Also allied races are fine, even one of the best features we've gotten in a long time imo. They take about 2-3 weeks of playing casually to unlock (even less time for the "Legion" ones and dark iron/mag'har) and bring loads of new customization (and lore/character options for RPers). You aren't incentivized to race change/boost any more than you've ever been since you get heritage armor from leveling (which only takes ~2 days /played). If that's the trade off for getting more race variants more often then I'd say it's well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post
    Well , that 's how it 's been for allied races since pre-BfA patch , so , yeah

also Eleccy , your recent transition to self - style yourself as a WoW hater is very unbecoming

Out of my expertise unfortunately , but the video goes straight into the customizing options so you don 't have to really scroll thru any
    I mean considering his signature and avatar picture it looks a poor troll attempt.

I don't really mind the timegating, personally. I also don't mind them being cheap by using existing assets. What i DO mind is that the BFA storyline drives the lore of some races completely into the ground that now DESPERATELY need more attention to bring them back. Not even to mention the factions as a whole. Adding a shitton of low-effort, copy-paste races means Blizzard will not bring the storetelling focus to those races/factions that need it and instead continue pissing BS-stories all over the place that lead nowhere. Just like BFA was.

That is what makes me so angry about the ARs. If they had instead gone for cosmetic sub-races (which all of the ARs so far actually are!) this problem would not have been there.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-04-22 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean the problem is gloves, bracers pants and shoes won't show on these guys. So that's an issue that could potentially bar them from becoming a race.

Hate them so so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post

That is what makes me so angry about the ARs. If they had instead gone for cosmetic sub-races (which all of the ARs so far actually are!) this problem would not have been there.
    Yeah like the folks who are all like, "Man i cannot wait for Wildhammer Dwarves!!!".

That now has a zero point zero percent chance of ever happening.

I'd rather see them giving gnomes the night warrior treatment, where they are giving a customisation option for gnomes to become mechanomes. Since normal gnomes are one of the least played races, I don't see them making a whole new AR for mechanomes as they would just be as unpopular. And the Alliance would be shafted twice where they didn't get an AR that people want to play, considering that Kul'Tirans are the the least played by far despite having a complete new model.

I personally don't see the appeal in these mechagnomes. The ones from Northrend would look cooler instead, while I'd also love to see taunka playable for Horde. Maybe jinyu or the new jinyu-like beings on Nazjatar would be a cooler option.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    I mean the problem is gloves, bracers pants and shoes won't show on these guys. So that's an issue that could potentially bar them from becoming a race.
    Agreed. I'm not a fan of model options that permanently hide clothing. The Forsaken elbows, knees, and finger claws annoy the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Course they will.

After you spend time farming pointless 75 rep a quest World Quests and doing a more than likely heavily timegated story.

Gotta take core features and gate them. That's the Blizzard way these days. And no just because they have the word "Allied" next to them doesn't make them any different from races.
    Yeah. Classic Blizzard. Gating raids behind useless dungeons, consumables behind useless profession leveling and rep grinds and pvp armor behind boring grinds. Just let me play the game! I wanna go do BWL! Why are you asking me to go into UBRS?!

Ah shit, forgot to update my time gating whine pasta. Here we go:

Yeah. Classic Blizzard. Having to run through all of T4, then T5, just to get to do Black Temple. Sucks. They're doing it in PVP too. Being locked to like 2000 conquest points every week. So boring. Gating badges as well. Let me play the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Pretty much well said.

Show me where the players actively said to Blizz "we want to spend at least a month grinding for some races along with other requirements"....

Nobody wanted this. They wanted either sub races to be able to create on day 1 of them being ready or customisation features for current races.
    Entitled people like you want all content to be available for free with zero effort/gameplay required. You don't actually want to play a game, you just want more free shit. Your whining is nothing new, but it sure as hell does get old.

Also, having to get a little bit of easy rep and complete a small questline is somehow "crazy." I can't believe how incredibly lazy people are these days.

While you're at it, give us another one of those pathetic "Anyway laters" lines even though we all know you'll still be watching this thread and whining (hopefully just to yourself for once) about people that don't complain about meeting minor, simple requirements to unlock things.
    Last edited by Insaniam; 2019-04-22 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like that WoWhead datamined a more rusty-themed option for the mechanical parts. Gimme my Mad Max rustpunk gnomes.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

"But you guys said you'd be looking into feedback for allied races from now on."

"Well, you see, Vulpera were requested a lot. We did listen."

"But what about mechagnomes?"

"With them, we wanted to do something new and cool."
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Put Mechagnomes and Vulpera on Blizzard Shop.

Make Bank.

Win the Game.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    One reason would be that gnomes are not popular as a race?

Then again it could be an option to make them more popular

Personally I pass on that Allied race and will /popcorn on the shitstorm why we don't get Tinkers
    While that is possible and many people would probably prioritize allied races by that, Blizzard didn't exactly hit a homerun with slighly different draenei and tauren with antlers either. Neiher of them actually needed to be a new race and after the cringe-warrior feature for night elves and golden eyes for belfs, it became apparent that they could have done the same for the swirly draenei head-light or the mose antlers of tauren. Didn't stop them to put these races out anyway.

As for the gnomes. Not into them at all, but so far I'm kinda disappointed even with the options they have available, mostly because you can't change your arms/legs to different models and the factial features have no option for metal jaw + robo-brain. Seriously, how could you forget an option that has all features enabled .

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why people still think vulpera would come a long side of Mechagnomes ... we would more likely see "gilgoblins" or mecha-goblins

Not sure why people still think vulpera would come a long side of Mechagnomes ... we would more likely see "gilgoblins" or mecha-goblins
    The vulpera Brewfest icon.

Vulpera having high quality models with lots of customization and gear-able is a pretty clear sign where development resources were spent.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Insaniam View Post
    Entitled people like you want all content to be available for free with zero effort/gameplay required. You don't actually want to play a game, you just want more free shit. Your whining is nothing new, but it sure as hell does get old.

Also, having to get a little bit of easy rep and complete a small questline is somehow "crazy." I can't believe how incredibly lazy people are these days.

While you're at it, give us another one of those pathetic "Anyway laters" lines even though we all know you'll still be watching this thread and whining (hopefully just to yourself for once) about people that don't complain about meeting minor, simple requirements to unlock things.
    Taking races which were always unlocked on day 1 and then reskinning/gating them isn't being "entitled" lol.

God forbid I actually expect them to bring in new and exciting content to actually put in effort for rather than just taking day one features away and calling it "content".

But sure it's down to players being "lazy" which is ironic because that is exactly what the allied race system is. But whatever I guess.

And if my "whining gets old" as you yourself say then ignore me. Can't really do anything about it on my end just because you don't like my criticism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Put Mechagnomes and Vulpera on Blizzard Shop.

Make Bank.

Win the Game.
    With how greedy they are these days I wouldn't be surprised if they sold them in the shop.

Then they really would be on par with what F2P games do.