Will players come to the rescue of low levels being ganked? [community]

I remember clear as day in those times the sense of community was really tight.
    How do i know this?
    Because i was the ganker...specially in Redridge Mountains and Duskwood.

And i kid you not, everytime i engaged in this activity (ganking lowbies as a level 40)...every single time...max levels would come to the rescue.

So my true question is:
    -Will the sense of tight community remain the same from Vanilla?
    -Do we live in different times now and people will simply ignore eachother?

NOTE: Forgive me for my actions of being a ganker...but i was a kid at the time. Since then i havent engaged in this activity. I promise.

I think they will

It feels equally as good defending lowbies and ganking gankers back.

Guilds will feel more important too.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Yes simply because there will be no sharding , people ignore gankers and city raids because they don't feel like it's their problem , if you are the victim you can easily hop away and never see those people again while in older days it was your people suffering and the only way to make it stop was retaliating .
    Back in the day when thrall or sylvanas were attacked they were YOUR leaders and your cities while in retail it's just one of many realities

WoW, you guys are being really optimistic i thought we lived in different times now

If I'm in the area an can easily kill the ganker without dying myself, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    In the pretentious first couple of weeks surebut soon enough players “won’t have time” to help anyone because they will be busy trying to survive the game. There is no real community left in wow so don’t go in new classic expecting the old quality. Can’t happen won’t happen.
    You’re actually just dead wrong here because it happens on you know what servers.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    In the pretentious first couple of weeks surebut soon enough players “won’t have time” to help anyone because they will be busy trying to survive the game. There is no real community left in wow so don’t go in new classic expecting the old quality. Can’t happen won’t happen.
    I believe there will be people helping for the sake of community. It's one of the things that players like about classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    WoW, you guys are being really optimistic i thought we lived in different times now
    I mean, when someone is getting ganked in War Mode, i'm the first there so I think it goes without saying that if some horde filth tries to gank lowbies, they're gonna catch the paws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    if P servers are any indication then yes for the most part you will have community support a lot of the time, STV is nearly a lost cause though. You pretty much level there by the good graces of the alliance its too easy for them to shut down the zone

I don't think people flying across a continent to help a lowbie guild mate will be as common as it was 14 years ago, but it will happen.

I'd say that has as much to do with life today than it does the community though. We have so much more entertainment at our fingertips that if you're being camped, you can just stay dead and wait them out while you watch YouTube, check social media, play another game, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if that's most people's response to being ganked now, instead of asking in gchat for help.

You are an example of why I am so very right. Look at your reaction. I can’t imagine you helping anyone but I can certainly imagine you telling them to solve their own problems. Sad.
    Calm down mr. offended. There’s proof it happens right now.

SS vs TM will never die. Some of my best memories from Vanilla was playing my Hunter and Mage in the big battles in Hillsbrad.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I am very calm but here you are forcing your opinion by throwing the word “proof”. Classic ahead, let’s meet up again and discuss what happens. You seem to forget that you will be playing with the same people who now reject others for couple of points RIO.
    I’m not throwing the word proof, I literally can’t discuss it because it’s against the forum rules. I can pm you proof no problem.

The “true” classic experience would be getting a message that your buddy is being yanked in Talaris and starting the long journey to help him from Felwood. Kudos to those who will walk the walk to do it but modern wow players just don’t have that sort of moral fibre.
    My problem with that situation is that usually the ganker will be gone by the time you get there unless they're a complete asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Ok go ahead thanks and ofc don’t discuss things that shouldn’t be discussed
    I guess new accounts can’t pm straight away haha. I’ll get it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    We do. Pretty sure many people would be shocked when they discover that the mentality of players have changed over MMO history.
    It's no longer about community. it's about gearing & min-maxing.
    This might be somewhat true but can only tell that I've seen from both sides later on.
    The big great story about Tarren Mill vs Southshore is something we even got a battleground called after but do heritage from the snowball effect from helping lowbies where people logged over to their mains at that time and called in guildies and what not.

Maybe we won't see the fights just there and as P2 most likely will be to camp people at flightmasters, we might see mighty crusades whom's scaning the chats after some gankers that's honorworthy.

Just my prediction and not too different from current servers out there. Just without bg's really.