10+ Year Old Account

#FreeBritney: Hashtag That Went Viral After Britney Spears Entered Treatment

Fans are worried about Britney Spears.

Over the past few days, #FreeBritney has been trending on social media after allegations were made in a "special emergency episode" of the fan podcast Britney's Gram that the 37-year-old singer is being held against her will. Now, ET's breaking down what led to the creation of the hashtag, and why her fans are so concerned.

ET learned in early April that Britney had checked herself into a health facility to deal with the tremendous stress she's been having over her father, Jamie Spears', current health crisis. The check-in came just a few weeks after she put her career on an indefinite hiatus, postponing her album and putting her Britney: Domination show at Park Theater at the Park MGM resort in Las Vegas on hold before it even began.

"I am dedicating my focus and energy to care for my family," Britney said in a statement at the time. "We have a very special relationship and I want to be with my family at this time just like they have always been there for me."

"Thank you to all my fans for your continued love and support during this time," she continued. "I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and I look forward to the time when I can be back on stage performing for all of you."

https://www.etonline.com/freebritney...ed-a-treatment
    Honestly when it comes to celebrity stuff I ignore it, however Britney Spears is someone for sure that has been around a while, who's music I'll admit to enjoying a time or two.

But reading these reports, like with many other famous people with mental health problems, I find it at least an opportunity to examine and discuss mental health issues, since they can obviously effect anybody.

I also read about one of her former boyfriend dealers, a scum bag who's been in Hollywood a while who isn't unique but I kind of wonder when it comes to all this since this same individual who's had restraining orders placed on him the question becomes.

Is there ever a point where someones family or loved ones should take over for them, if they are deemed a danger to themselves or others, and how far should we as a society go with that?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you become so mentally broken the media shouldn't be focusing on you so much. But they have to make the big $$$$ so that's not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    She had like 2 or 3 hit albums in the early 2000's and hasn't done anything since except be a disaster story time and time again.

You know what Lindsay Lohan's personal motto is? "Thank God for Britney Spears!"
    Yeah with all her money and access to resources, why do you think that is. People kind of did the same thing with Anna Nicole Smith, and leaving her alone seemed to lead her down a path she never returned.

She had like 2 or 3 hit albums in the early 2000's and hasn't done anything since except be a disaster story time and time again.

You know what Lindsay Lohan's personal motto is? "Thank God for Britney Spears!"
    wow - what an amazing take. you know what dude, you should do public speaking for people with mental health problems. I'm sure you could convince some people to come in and get some treatment. after all, theyre just having a "disaster" story right?????

JUST BUCK UP AND GETOVER IT AM I RIGHT GUYS? LUL 4HEAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Once you become so mentally broken the media shouldn't be focusing on you so much. But they have to make the big $$$$ so that's not going to happen.
    Should there be laws to protect people if they reach a certain level of vulnerability.

7+ Year Old Account
    She's virtually a slave. Whole life is out of her hands, including every cent she has. She has no control over anything if I remember correctly, which is pretty fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account

She's still a human being. Never seemed like she was a bad person either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrossive View Post
    She's virtually a slave. Whole life is out of her hands, including every cent she has. She has no control over anything if I remember correctly, which is pretty fucked up.
    Yeah, but maybe that is for the best, she seems to be in the care of people who love her and want the best for her along with probably some of the best medical professionals available.

Would it be more fucked up if she had no support system at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Agrossive View Post
    Had to:

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    She's still a human being. Never seemed like she was a bad person either.
    Why she would be treated differently than any other patient?

TDLR: You're letting cops killing mentally ill minorities...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Why she would be treated differently than any other patient?
    Didn't say she should be treated differently.

TDLR: You're letting cops killing mentally ill minorities...
    Am I?

Soon to be in one of those “You won’t believe what they look like now!” Ads.

5+ Year Old Account
    No don't! Keep her locked up!

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't mean to strike a nerve with Briney fans
    Holy fuck. Not sure if that's a dude or chic, but they need a solid bitch slap.