Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You're acting like it's just been all over but we haven't seen a proper voidy zone since Mac'aree and the void elf starting area. This isn't the last two patches of Legion with fel green, here.

If you like dark caves with dark purple then crucible is for you. Oh you got this purple ability well do this but if you see this purple then do this but this other purple needs to be avoided. Yeah I can see this getting old very quick.

Oh hey how about this boss ability that fills up 80% of the room and guess what is also purple! I seriously hope the next expansion is not super hardcore purple like Crucible is.

It's pretier than the legion theme at least, and not as tired.

5+ Year Old Account
    That's ironic since the Void has some of the most dynamic and varied designs within a single faction. The purple stuff is hardly as over done as legion fel, orc spikes, and human horses.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Transform your void into Light vs. Void and suddenly there is much more variation than during our fel overload.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    We've had dabbles of the void in the past, and now in Legion and BFA we've been smothered with the purple tints of the void in almost every direction.

Is anybody else a little over the whole void theme already? I cannot imagine having to play over 2 years in a void themed expansion with more purple void everywhere.
    Excuse me but at least purple is an attractive colour. Better than that green bullshit everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Zek'voz is furious with you.
    Oh completley forgot about him. We killed him pretty fast so he wasn’t too memorable for me. Yeah that’s 2 in uldir then lol, ty correcting.

7+ Year Old Account
    its a hell of alot better than hearing about promised land this and that....
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

There's barely any proper void purple themes, but either way, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

/10char
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Yes.
    I am dreading the innevitable Void Expansion.

if you don't like it, just a-void it

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't really say we've been smothered. It's been peppered in for a while but smothered? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Cata: void theme / old god theme
    MoP: old god theme
    WoD: legion theme
    Legion: legion theme
    BfA: void them / old god theme

Both old god and legion are played out at this point. We need a proper undead / scourge / cult of the damned / arthas / kel'thuzad / lich queen sylvanas xpac next. I'd also be up for a proper dragon xpac.
    I'd go further and say... stop with the themes! Why does there need to be a theme? Aren't we getting tired of the exact same narrative every expansion?

Not sick of it, but I find it bland and fear that it will get old very fast once we start dealing with it more. My problem with the Void is it has no depth to it so it would be very hard for Blizzard to tell a compelling story.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2019-04-24 at 09:07 PM.

Not really. We've seen creatures and products of the Void all over several years, though it hasn't been entirely purple. In fact, that has been one of the least used colors overall.

-The Drust and witches used powers from the Emerald Nightmare, but their magic didn't even look like the Nightmare as we had seen it in Legion. Their forest is red, similar to part of Val'sharah, but it still didn't look the same.
    -Val'sharah had no purple Void in it at all, being mostly red and black (to be the opposite of the Emerald Dream) - the only purple thing there is Remnant of the Void at the end of the Nightmare raid.
    -G'huun was artificially created from the essence of the Old Gods, and his powers were all bloody or gray rot. Almost nothing in Nazmir and Uldir used purple Void powers.
    -The Naga themselves are transformed by the Void, and while some are purple, the vast majority use elemental or arcane spells.
    -Mac'Aree was purple.
    -Island Expeditions have Old God minions that use a lot of purple, as well as Twilight Drakes.
    -Tiragarde had a bit of purple Void in the northwest corner of the map, as an extension of the story from Stormsong.
    -Corrupted Tidesades had as much purple Void as they did watery blue in a part of Stormsong, the rest of the zone involved the Horde, Naga, and Quillboars.
    -The Sha were mostly black and white. The Sha of Fear had some purple and red, and the Sha of Pride was purple. Even then, the corruption in Dread Wastes was the normal Sha colors.
    -Shadowmoon was quite purple.
    -Arakkoa had purple in their clothes and tents, but we rarely see Void purple magic used with them in WoD.
    -A Void Revenant was present in Hellfire, but he also turned Fel green.
    -Yogg-Saron's magic is usually shown to be green or teal to match the colors of his body and Saronite.
    -Dragon Soul had an array of enemies with different colors (and colors of magic). While most did use some purple Void somewhere in their fights, it's equally mixed with orange, red, blue, and other colors (except for Ultraxion and Goriona).

I could list other examples. The "Void" as a concept and bad guy were solidified with Chronicle - they were certainly a force all their own even in WoD, but it wasn't solidified until Chronicle that even the Old Gods and Faceless are Void creations. Most people assumed they were separate forces, with people believing for years that Old Gods and Titans were nearly equal in strength. With that lore locked in place, more Void purple stuff came with it to really show that in-game as a force of its own.

But I'm not really sick of it. It's not the only color used in most places in the last few expansions. Even with Void creatures themselves, it's not the only color used. It's common, sure, but even the Legion used their color(s) far more than the Void uses theirs.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I miss the undead scourge.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm ok with void things. But again, I'm a sucker for everything Lovecraft-related, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    If I can avoid Fel for a while, I'm happy :P
    My first thought as well. Although I wouldn't mind them moving away from the whole concept of one color representing the current all bad baddie.

Honestly, I loved the Legion theme more. The Green, Red, Black, and (Some) Purple theme made the Legion feel ultimate. Their conquered/destroyed Worlds, Antorus, the buildings and ships on Argus, Kil'jaeden's ship, Gul'dan, all of them felt badass. Everyone felt like an ultimate enemy due to their sheer power and colors. They resembled Corruption, Torment, Chaos, Death. Now, with the Void Lords, they lost most of it due to them being pushed back as a "side" threat, which is honestly the stupidest fucking thing Blizzard has ever done. To me, the Void is a side threat, while the Legion will always be the main enemy, because they are. They made the Scourge, they make even Old Gods shit themselves, Azshara feels threatened by the Legion, and her Naga are basically one of the coolest looking, and most threatening foes in WoW.

The Void Theme is also kinda trash, as their colors aren't all that interesting. Purple, black and pink...wow...

The Legion did it better.