5+ Year Old Account

[Speculations/Dreams] So, you kept the gift of N’Zoth, and now...

Dream: ...you get to play a corrupted version of your character’s class with void themed spells.

Or you can totally class change your toon to a Cultist.

But yeah, I know there’s little or no chance for anything like this to happen. As I said... just dreaming.

Expectation: ...you get to complete an extra quest line for a feat of Strength achievement, at mostly with a title connected with it.

How about you? What would be your dreams/expectations about this?
    Last edited by Astranea; 2019-04-30 at 08:57 AM.

Two-side raids/warfronts/battlegrounds/dungeons.

Let's say any 8.3 content opposing the Azerothians and the Void/Old God forces, you'd be on one side (Gift removed, trying to kill N'zoth or whatever) or the other (Gift kept, trying to protect him).
    Same could be done with the pro-Saurfang Hordies who'd be separated from Sylvanas' loyalists Hordies.

But I don't see Blizzard implementing this kind of thing, even though Dazar'alor could have been a first step.

That'd be cool, but I think the reality is going to be a little different.

I don't believe our characters would choose to keep the gift because we want to ally with N'zoth, we're more doing it because our eyes were "opened", so to speak. I say this because in the questline, our character points out that we're seeing eyes everywhere, and I think there's even a case of a zandalari ghost child you can only see if you keep the eye.
    There's no reason we'd ever side with N'zoth. I think what we're really doing is accepting his visions that are to some degree very real and very dangerous.

What I speculate is going to happen is that post-N'zoth release, those who kept the eye are going to see some really nightmarish stuff like huge images of C'thun and phantasmal eldritch abominations that you can't see or interact with. You'll get a mini-quest that yeah, will probably lead to a title or just a FoS in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    There's no reason we'd ever side with N'zoth.
    Speak for yourself kemosabe.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Let me join N’zoth, destroy the Horde and Alliance and rule over the black empire in my own phased version of Azeroth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Let me join N’zoth, destroy the Horde and Alliance and rule over the black empire in my own phased version of Azeroth.
    Then proceed to declare war to the other rulers of instanced phased versions of the planet? ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Astranea View Post
    Then proceed to declare war to the other rulers of instanced phased versions of the planet? ^^

Sure.

Just let me kill the idiots that lead our factions.

Stop trying to shoehorn your shitty fanfic class in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have an extra questline in 8.3 justifying why you NOW decide to betray Sylvanas and remove the Gift.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Stop trying to shoehorn your shitty fanfic class in.
    Lol, wow, sorry if you found anything I (or anybody else) wrote so totally fanfic kind of shitty... but hey, at least there always were very open questions asked about other people's opinions, what they thought about it, and whether they found it feasible at all. You certainly gave a very clear answer about that bit, hehehe.

However... if I may... I must admit I am now very curious to know your thought on the specific matter this thread is about: what do you think will or should happen to those who kept the Gift? Since you seem to feel very comfortable about knowing well what is best and most appropriate for the game, I'd love it if you could please share with us your thoughts on the matter!

I hope we get the same effect of the insight mechanic in Bloodborne where we can see more things like Amygdalas in the zone, new monsters and patron of attack, entending some dialogue of the npcs or read they thoughs like Gerhman 's dream, the prayers of the doll and some hidding dialogue of the bossess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I'd consider the main issue that this would only be announced after the fact for many players, leaving everybody who already removed it because it messes with their transmog stranded.

Maybe it’ll lead to a third faction: The Black Empire with the ruins of Teldrassil and Undercity and Nya’lotha as their base
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

All I want is to be able to keep it without having the ugly eyeball on my head.

I don't think anything will happen. The only choice (at least I didn't get any other kind of choice) was do the cleansing quest or don't and not doing certain quests was always a choice you had and it never did anything, so I don't think it's going to do anything this time either.

What I want is an evil faction that you join by joining N'zoth. Either as a real faction (though that's not going to happen) or as a secret cult that you join and get quests sometimes that create chaos and strife within the original factions. You'd still be Alliance or Horde just like you always were, but sometimes you get a vision or a shady cultist visitor that tells you there's an opportunity to mess with your faction and gives you the quest to do something to make things happen. Sometimes small things, like make neighbours fight/create a feud between families, sometimes bigger things, like putting a mindcontrol on a guard in Stormwind castle or Grommash Hold or killing an important person and leaving fake evidence. If there's meetings between opposing faction leaders make them public if they are not and make them go wrong if they are official meetings (sabotage them, kill people whatever). I'd love something like that and Blizz could tell the story about Old God meddling within the game and with the player participating, not only reading about it in books.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astranea View Post
    Dream: ...you get to play a corrupted version of your character’s class with void themed spells.

Or you can totally class change your toon to a Cultist.

But yeah, I know there’s little or no chance for anything like this to happen. As I said... just dreaming.

Expectation: ...you get to complete an extra quest line for a feat of Strength achievement, at mostly with a title connected with it.

How about you? What would be your dreams/expectations about this?
    If you are talking about the nzoth buff/quest guys realy...Listen it wasnt a choice lmao..

You keep it.. sure like any other dialogue ingame with npcs you have options like no thanks or tell me more. This was just one of those things.. you wanna keep it for now sure go ahead the npc will wait before you want to complete the quest.
    So once again this wasnt a choice quest.. you want to complete the quest or not? Get the toy done. Nothing more.