View Poll Results: How many wow tokens have you bought for real life money in BfA?

Voters
264. This poll is closed

192 72.73%

15 5.68%
  • 2-5

25 9.47%
  • 6-10

13 4.92%
  • 11-15

6 2.27%
  • 16-20

4 1.52%
  • 21+

9 3.41%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question How many wow tokens have you bought for real life money in BfA?

How many wow tokens have you bought for real life money in BfA? I have not bought any but I hear a lot of people talk about doing it.
    (poll to come!)
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

From what I've seen, it's mostly mythic raiders needing to afford consumables as the price of those hasn't really been addressed. Skewing more towards the type that raid logs, works a lot of hours, and won't be on these boards to vote on the poll. I'd imagine very few have went out of their way for the Brutosaur or anything like that even though that was the initial speculation when tokens were double the price going into BFA. These high vendor cost mounts are a bit puzzling, like the frogs, and there's a Rustbolt Exalted rep one that's over 500k like the Warframe. The 8.0 KT/Zand flying rep ones were 50k apiece on the 8.2 PTR, people complained, and now...they're 90k.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-04-25 at 02:10 AM.

On the opposite, I've bought one token per month with gold + 2 extra tokens for Zandalari race change since BfA came out

None - either for gold or real money.

I was considering getting one or two about a year ago when you could get like 350k gold per token, but ever since the gold price dropped below 200k, I'm not really tempted to do so At the same time, the current 170k price for a token is also not low enough to make me feel like it's worth it to grind instead of just paying the sub, so I guess I'm kinda stuck in this grey area where I'm not really bothered with tokens.

What prices would make me change my mind? Well, I'd probably buy a token for gold if it went below 80-100k and buy it for real money if it reached 350-400k gold. Otherwise I'm perfectly comfortable paying my sub with real money and grinding gold for whatever I want in game (or just not getting something if the grind would be unreasonably long).

10+ Year Old Account
    None. I'm too casual now to have or even need the gold and the six-month cost isn't a problem. I don't think they sell nearly as many tokens for cash as people imagine.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Seeing how inflated class order halls in Legion were for people with 12 max level alts, I had about $285 by the time it all ended. Along with another 10 tokens in my bags, and 4M gold left over. Literally none of it was from the AH, I rarely use that thing.

In hindsight though, it was an awful investment at the time seeing as tokens dropped in price about half since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    zero for real money, but bought with gold 7 or 8
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never bought a token with real money. Bought a ton for Gold though to buy other things on Battle.net

I've never bought one and haven't heard anyone I know say they have but people must buy them cause they sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    How many wow tokens have you bought for real life money in BfA? I have not bought any but I hear a lot of people talk about doing it.
    (poll to come!)
    2 because i wanted to imidiately upgrade all possible looms.

i still have a lot of gold in game but saving it for future seeing what changes they made in gold aquisition in game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have spent gold on tokens but never traded money for gold

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Seeing how inflated class order halls in Legion were for people with 12 max level alts, I had about $285 by the time it all ended. Along with another 10 tokens in my bags, and 4M gold left over. Literally none of it was from the AH, I rarely use that thing.

In hindsight though, it was an awful investment at the time seeing as tokens dropped in price about half since then
    ye i fucked myself with this too - wrong assumption when tokens were for 280k lead to a lot of loss when i changed couple of milions of gold into battlnet balance.

but who could assume they would nutter gold missions so much .

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye i fucked myself with this too - wrong assumption when tokens were for 280k lead to a lot of loss when i changed couple of milions of gold into battlnet balance.

but who could assume they would nutter gold missions so much .
    I wasn't around for all of Legion. At what point did it start giving those insane gold reward order hall missions? They might do it again for BFA just as a way to keep subs up during a content drought at the end of the expansion. Then give another gold sink mount next expansion as their way to get rid of all that gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    (poll to come!)
    Exactly as many as in every other expansion. 0.

For money? Zero. With Gold? I think about a dozen. Once they dropped down to around 110K I grabbed as many as I could off the early game inflated prices of stuff I sold.

Ive never bought a token ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    I've never bought one and haven't heard anyone I know say they have but people must buy them cause they sell.
    Yeah there's also the element of people not going out of their way to broadcast that they regularly pay real money for gold

In addition to what I posted above about consumables, I'm guessing another big chunk comes from new and returning players. Like they came back, are broke, and buy a single token to help them get started

None, but I can barely survive the economics on my low pop server. Thx god ppl still buy pets for stupid amounts of gold.

PS: all dem richmons boasting about buying real moneys with tokens, cuz “i play AH” or “I have 105 alts” while also “spend minimal amount of time in game”. Imagine how successful they are in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    None. They’re not worth it any more. Unlike in legion where you got 300k+.

I have bought a few, tend to spend gold on my battle pet obsession..