Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    This logic might work if the product was worth it.
    You know how they say "vote with your wallet" when it comes to complaining about WoW? OP should keep this in mind. A lot of players have random urges to play, especially if they have been at it for a long time, but if they feel like they wouldn't even participate in current content because of how sloggy and uninteresting it is, it's better to just skip it altogether.
    Paying for a product you don't really like bolsters the subscription sales of said product, and nothing will change if players don't express their dissatisfaction by staying clear of the game.

I brought this up because if the subscription really is that cheap, and if OP still can't decide if it's wasted money or not, then maybe it is wasted money for him.

EDIT: I am going through the same as OP, with urges and whatnot. But if I need to convince myself to play something, maybe I don't really want to play it.
    I agree that the game isn't good enough to yield 720 hours of entertainment per month, but like it said, even if you just get ONE HOUR of entertainment per month, you pay less than you would pay for a movie plus popcorn/soda..

ONE HOUR.... Everyone can find ONE HOUR of entertainment in WoW per month..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I mean, I got about 80-90% of the stuff I wanted to do done during the Welcome Back weekend, so there's little reason for me to sub with such content.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I agree that the game isn't good enough to yield 720 hours of entertainment per month, but like it said, even if you just get ONE HOUR of entertainment per month, you pay less than you would pay for a movie plus popcorn/soda..

Yeah, but look at the posters on this thread. Half of them say they haven't played since the xpac began, yet then turn around and criticize the game they haven't played and don't know about and say it's bad. The bias is real. "I don't know anything about the game except that it's bad." Reminds me of that scandal a couple years ago when it was revealed that review testers on IGN hadn't even played the games they were paid to review. One of them tweeted "the game looks fun, I wish I'd had a chance to try it."

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't have problem with money, i won't play even if game goes free
    my problem is the core of game itself, and they not showing any sign of fix (ok they are, 8.2 seems interesting so far)
    i have over 7 tokens and still won't active
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

i have some urges but when i think at all the nobrain boring grinding to do, i dont go back lol

jsut do like me, do all the assassin creed titles if you never do this, i'Ve beginning at ac1 and im now at ac4, going for odyssey on the long road to it since a few months, after that some title like witcher 3, dark soul etc .. until july for the next expansion of ff14

wow is dead, blizzard are the little dog of activision now, only easy money is their the only thing that matter for them now, just quit blizzard and go for other great game, there is a lot of good game outside of blizzmoney

thanks for the blogpost i guess!
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Imo the sub is not worth it at the moment.

This game does not represent the quality that Blizzard are known for. Simple as that.

Even 8.2 isn't worth resubbing for as it doesn't actually bring anything brand new to the table as they said it would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

Buying the sub to a mediocre product is agreeing to play the product. Imagine everyone just kept paying the sub because they can get at least one hour of entertainment each month. I doubt the game would get better since statistics would report an incredible amount of players currently playing. Tbf I'd rather not play at all than give in to the occasional urge if I just know I'll be bored again the following day.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, but look at the posters on this thread. Half of them say they haven't played since the xpac began, yet then turn around and criticize the game they haven't played and don't know about and say it's bad. The bias is real. "I don't know anything about the game except that it's bad." Reminds me of that scandal a couple years ago when it was revealed that review testers on IGN hadn't even played the games they were paid to review. One of them tweeted "the game looks fun, I wish I'd had a chance to try it."
    I can't speak for others, but I gave BfA a solid try. My endgame is heroic raiding and 10M+. I killed heroic G'huun and completed a couple 10s on time, then I realised I hated half of the dungeons (Motherlode is the worst of the bunch and I cannot even pinpoint why I loathe it so much, with Shrine being a close second for extremely precise reasons), I didn't find Uldir engaging, and I didn't feel like leveling my Dark Iron.
    I was just bored, even more than I was during WoD, which I still regard as the worst expansion ever. Of course, just hating on the game because everyone else does it is very stupid; but if OP struggles to find motivation to play further, maybe he should just skip it.

Hop on PTR.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting ready to go back to either Grim Dawn or Path of Exile. You can fully immerse yourself into those games just like WoW and get 50x the sense of character progression.
    Also, not really taking the piss, Grim Dawn has so much more depth than WoW does.

WoW has reduced its self to having no chance to compete with single player games because it's gutted it's own complexity and challenge.

You can't look forward to playing WoW with your friends if they don't even want to play the game anymore, playing with other people is becoming just an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Do you need an active sub for the PTR? Try that out.
    To add onto this, you can ask GMs for a day free of gametime if you haven't been back in awhile. This would fit your "play 3-4 hours a month" desired schedule. Though they might not do it every month for you.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I'm getting ready to go back to either Grim Dawn or Path of Exile. You can fully immerse yourself into those games just like WoW and get 50x the sense of character progression.
    Also, not really taking the piss, Grim Dawn has so much more depth than WoW does.

WoW has reduced its self to having no chance to compete with single player games because it's gutted it's own complexity and challenge.

You can't look forward to playing WoW with your friends if they don't even want to play the game anymore, playing with other people is becoming just an excuse.
    grim dawn and poe are totally different games though - way more focused on single player content than wow

i dont think its fair to compare them. that said, i think poe especially is great
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Additction never really goes away. It whispers in your ear every day and night. Don't give in. You will just find yourself in that same familiar hole looking for a way to climb out if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Simple thing. If you're way too casual, then MMOs aren't for you.

It's my problem too. Due to several reasons, two recent xpacks aren't casual-friendly enough. That's why BFA isn't worth sub fee. And playing old casual-friendly content isn't worth sub fee too, because if game developer doesn't use my money properly to create new content for me, then he doesn't deserve it.
    I don't think that's true for MMOs in general. I've been a casual WoW player since 2007. Spent a lot of time playing but never did current heroic raiding or arenas. Never set foot in a current mythic raid. Problem with BfA is that the content outside of mythics is boring as fuck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    dont be ashamed if you simply cannot afford it

dont look for justifications - rather loot for an actual job
    The first thing he says is that the sub fee isn't a big deal for him...

@BetrayedOf52: Taking breaks helped me whenever I felt like WoW is getting boring for me. Maybe you can satisfy these urges with playing other genres or other RPG games which don't need a sub fee.

Just move to vanilla private server Kronos 3 and prepare for vanilla. You can find out what class you want to play etc. It's a great server.

I wouldn't bother. It's more important to give a clear message to Blizzard about how you feel about BfA.

There are honestly so many better things you can do with your money. 19 dollars can go a long way with things like indie games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter what is said, in the end, OP's feeling and wanting that counts.

I suggest asking a GM for 48-72 hours of free gametime to try a feel on it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I buy wowtokens, i farm a little some days, let gold sit in my character and renew it with wowtokens since i don't at all want to spend money and keep playing when i feel like it. Making gold ain't that easy now but now impossible, depending on what you're selling this xpac and how it works best on your server's economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Buying the sub to a mediocre product is agreeing to play the product. Imagine everyone just kept paying the sub because they can get at least one hour of entertainment each month. I doubt the game would get better since statistics would report an incredible amount of players currently playing. Tbf I'd rather not play at all than give in to the occasional urge if I just know I'll be bored again the following day.

I can't speak for others, but I gave BfA a solid try. My endgame is heroic raiding and 10M+. I killed heroic G'huun and completed a couple 10s on time, then I realised I hated half of the dungeons (Motherlode is the worst of the bunch and I cannot even pinpoint why I loathe it so much, with Shrine being a close second for extremely precise reasons), I didn't find Uldir engaging, and I didn't feel like leveling my Dark Iron.
    I was just bored, even more than I was during WoD, which I still regard as the worst expansion ever. Of course, just hating on the game because everyone else does it is very stupid; but if OP struggles to find motivation to play further, maybe he should just skip it.
    Yeah, not really thrilled with the dungeons. Also, agree with you on Motherlode. I didn't dislike WoD, though, and still don't get the hate there. Just really ticks me seeing all the negativity, especially that crowd who come into every thread to bash on WoW, while bragging about how long ago they quit so they don't even know what it's actually like now.

"Look at me I'm special I quit a month into WoD because WoW is dead, here's my totally unbiased opinion about why BFA sucks!" /yawn