Thread: WoW Noob Guides

WoW Noob Guides

Are there any good straight to the point guides for this game? All the guide that I have found so far are very much wordy and I tire myself out just reading them.

https://www.wowhead.com/how-to-play-world-of-warcraft

- - - Updated - - -

And read comments:

One of the first things I do on any new character is go into the options and turn on Auto Loot and make sure Open Loot Window at Mouse is off in the Controls menu. (I also turn on Scrolling Combat Text for Self [Combat window], disable Outline Mode [Display] because I find it unnecessary and immersion-reducing, turn off the Mature Language Filter [Social], switch NPC Names to All NPCs, turn on Larger Nameplates and Always Show Nameplates [Names], change the Camera Following Style to "Only horizontal when moving", and make sure Cinematic Subtitles [Accessibility] are on.)

Most of those are personal preference, but I think Auto Loot is almost mandatory. I think it saves a ton of time in the long run to loot everything and sort it out later. Makes skinners happy too. When all you have is your starting backpack it can fill up quickly, though, so keep an eye on that. Some of those other settings might be worth trying, though, to see if you like them.