Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What is the reasons that drive you to continue playing WoW?

I've been wondering. WoW as a game released in 2004, it still running. WoW is the longest running MMORPGs I know of. I was wondering what is the reasons that drive you to continue playing WoW.

For me, this is the longest MMORPG I have ever played, and I really enjoy the story of this world.

Organized raiding. There isn't an experience like it available in any other game. I don't particularly care for PvP but I thoroughly enjoy slaying internet dragons with 10 to 20 of my best friends. WoW's still the only game that lets me achieve that.

Mythic+ dungeons and raiding are the reasons.
    I used to think that raiding would be the thing that kept me going after playing with the same people for 10 years, but I have so much fun pugging M+ that I can't imagine not doing it at this point.

Its ideal how it is now too, I'm able to keep my alts without 5-10 avg item level of my main just by doing 2-3 keys a week, and I'm able to actually compete in mid-tier keys.

Really, this is the best pve environment I've ever been a part of in the game, and as long as they don't remove gearing systems, M+ in general, or dramatically change how all these systems interact with alts, I will be here enjoying it for a long time to come.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

5+ Year Old Account
    ...I like the game?
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

It's enjoyable.

Also, have you ever by chance heard of runescape

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    ...I like the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Calucias View Post
    It's enjoyable.

Also, have you ever by chance heard of runescape
    I think the question is about specifics. So many replies to criticisms are "I like it!" but I've asked people saying that in various threads about what they do and they usually don't respond with anything specific. The ones who do usually talk about raiding or doing other group stuff with friends which means that their enjoyment isn't really tied to the quality of the game as long as it's decent or better... they're hanging out with friends.

This is hte first expansion since Cata that I've went super casual. As in no raiding. I stopped before BoD came out.

I unsubbed and came back for 8.1-8.1.5.

Now I'm just leveling a horde orc just for the sake of unlocking all the allied races for horde.

That's it. I also do WQs on my main to catch up with the neck.

Well, first because i love the game, second because i love the game. 3 i love the game. lol

On a serious note now, i think xpacs and aspects could be changed but i will always love this game, MMORPGs for me born when i met wow. I will always have a love for this game and you can do so much stuff in this game like no other, others are more limited on how you move, what you do, they are not even compared to wow and most of them are trying to imitate wow for such a long time.

I may not like bfa but i keep praying for changes and see a little light, to think that the game ain't lost, Legion showed me that blizzard still have a lot potential, so i'm gonna keep playing for as long as i still have my fun. M+ are certainly the thing that came in Legion that made the game much more interesting and makes me play, raids are nice but not entertaining enough for me anymore.

I am leveling my alts and doing some casual stuff like raiding in heroic but nothing serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Organized raiding. There isn't an experience like it available in any other game. I don't particularly care for PvP but I thoroughly enjoy slaying internet dragons with 10 to 20 of my best friends. WoW's still the only game that lets me achieve that.
    Doesn't Final Fantasy 14 have dragon bosses in raid?

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Doesn't Final Fantasy 14 have dragon bosses in raid?
    Eh, FFXIV isn't my cup of tea. I'm a turboweeb but... it doesn't resonate with me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I think the question is about specifics. So many replies to criticisms are "I like it!" but I've asked people saying that in various threads about what they do and they usually don't respond with anything specific. The ones who do usually talk about raiding or doing other group stuff with friends which means that their enjoyment isn't really tied to the quality of the game as long as it's decent or better... they're hanging out with friends.
    I answered vaguely because my enjoyment isn't tied to any specifics of the game. If one or several features are lacking I still have other things to do. At most I may get bored or burned out, but I take breaks before I inevitably return. Has happened every expansion since BC. OP asked why I continue to play: I just like how the MMO is designed in comparison to others on the market. It's not much deeper than that for me.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

From the mid point of Cataclysm to the midpoint of WoD I (and my guild, together) took a hiatus that ended with the Legion announcement, and was initially motivated by every MMO cramming their heads into the space that the dungeon messages from WOTLK to Cataclysm left. WOTLK introduced the dungeon finder and said "yes, you too can run dungeons on the regular," and so we did. Cataclysm dialed it back and said "ok maybe not all of you, some of you are bad. Not them." And so many other MMOs sprung up trying to say "OH OH But you're still good enough to play here! Play in our world!" And so me and mine, mega casuals used to organized 5-manning in WOTLK did just that...

And we came back after finding out first hand that no one can touch WoW when WoW decides to be accessible and enjoyable by all. World Quests fixed WoW, let us own our time, and went back to "yes, you can ALL progress" in a highly polished world. And so we did.

I can literally say, after sampling most of the competition, that WoW's commitment to accessibility and polish makes suffering through the current story still a better experience than its closest competitor. "MMORPG" means WoW to any player who needs to own their time and can tolerate being "good enough" to have the patience to play the long game. The casual money will assure that we will always have a place here.

So yeah, me and mine are here because WoW knows it has to appeal to people with lives. And it does, expertly.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2019-04-28 at 05:10 AM.

believe it or not, fun. i don't play games if i don't have fun. now granted the fun i am getting is mostly from my group, not the game.

Wow has always run on lesser computers and it runs so smooth. I have tried other MMO's over the years and the camera always felt a bit choppy. That and responsiveness has let me get sucked into wow better then a lot of other games. Over time it became a habit so I play it off and on.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    The hope that NEs will actually receive a satisfying victory over the horde and secure their lands. (ie: this is the last expansion it might happen) but the drive to want to be a part of that it is the RP community I am one of the writers for my guild and really don't want to feel like i've let down 60+ people if I choose to leave. So... to drum it down hope and guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Seylene View Post
    The hope that NEs will actually receive a satisfying victory over the horde and secure their lands. (ie: this is the last expansion it might happen) but the drive to want to be a part of that it is the RP community I am one of the writers for my guild and really don't want to feel like i've let down 60+ people if I choose to leave. So... to drum it down hope and guilt.
    I forgot about the RP. Wow is great for that. You ever read this article by the BBC? https://www.bbc.com/news/disability-47064773

10+ Year Old Account
    I answered vaguely because my enjoyment isn't tied to any specifics of the game. If one or several features are lacking I still have other things to do. At most I may get bored or burned out, but I take breaks before I inevitably return. Has happened every expansion since BC. OP asked why I continue to play: I just like how the MMO is designed in comparison to others on the market. It's not much deeper than that for me.
    But note you don't (and the two or three posts below you) don't really say what you DO. It's like that - people are always vague. Do you play solo? with friends? Only play a little (a couple of hours a week)?

I'm not subbed atm because I literally can't think of anything I want to do in the game. My friends have left. I could do WQs but why? I can run warfronts but... I've done those. I've been playing since late vanilla so I'm not really interested in running old content again.. did that when it was current and for most of it I've gone back and done it later for transmog, pets, etc.

I'm not a completionist - I don't care about having every pet or mount etc. I don't like pet battles. I can PVP but I've done that a lot.

That's what I'm after - what do all of you DO?

Then why do you even reply here? If you have nothing valuable to add to the discussion/topic, just pass by.

OT: I am currently enjoying leveling alts whilst trying to get Loremaster. I choose a lore-friendly leveling path for each character based on race, class, spec, aesthethics, moral beliefs etc. For example, I chose mostly tauren-themed/related leveling zones for my Tauren Shaman (Mulgore, Barrens, Stonetalon, Desolace, Feralas, 1k Needles, Zangarmarsh. Now in Nagrand because my tauren is very spiritual and on friendly terms with the Maghar. Many of the questlines he went through had something to do with Naga or Elements and thus he will be going through Vash'jir and later Isle of Thunder till 90. He will be dealing with the Naga and Highmountain in Legion and then with Naga again in BFA zones). I only choose zones I haven't completed yet 1-100 to maximize efficiency per alt. It's quite immersive and fun honestly. My only problem is that the leveling process doesn't provide any single-player challenge. No point in using 70% of my abilities - purge, interrupt, stun totem, slow totem, tremor totem, astral shift.... nothing to react to. Just endless Stormstrike spam Atleast I like Stormstrike.

Other than that I am trying to collect al of the Warfront sets inb4 Blizzard decides to remove them again (like the MoP CM sets) on 4 characters - 1 for each armor proficiency.
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2019-04-28 at 05:49 AM.

Classes, but they became boring and dull, especially with the azerite crap.