8.2 Armor sets ~ Great but same old

With the new Armor sets in the new zones, when it comes to the pvp sets all they do is lazy color tint changes.

They removed Tier sets to allow the art team to create more armor sets per each aspect of the game (Raiding, Dungeons, PVP, Open world). But with that promise just like so many others they fail to make armor sets for each aspect of the game, all they do is default to the lazy side of things and change armor tints.

What they should do is for each aspect of the game have the items progress in design and not just color. While yes this seems difficult but they removed tier sets to allow more time for these designs.

So lets say in the open world while leveling, each zone offers a different gear that goes with the theme of that zone. So Nazmir theme is Swam gear and the quest gear is different from the mob gear, also with the blood trolls they could have a blood troll theme gear set for them also. Voldun would be desert theme with the quest offering more urban desert theme and the mobs dropping being survival open world theme desert gear, then with the Snake people have their theme gear.

PVP - Just like the current theme we have with the Warfront, each season has its own progressive theme. Looking at the 8.2 they look like the basic recolored questing gear that Nazjatar offers.

Dungeons - To simplify this since there are so many but it would be nice if each dungeons had a cluster of 2-3 that offered the same theme and same theme gear, with each gear progressing from normal to mythic. Each one getting more detailed and a bit more legit.

Raids - Starting with the most basic LFR model not having the same models as Normal - Heroic with just different recolored but the base starting point of that gear, Make each one totally different and advance for each difficulty.

With the promise that with the removal of tier gear would add more gear configs, I feel they have fallen drastically short of that promise. By doing this for the beginning of the expansion and then for each patch when we go to new zones... it would add an abundance of new gear that isn't just recolors of the same content. Continue to switch it up and experiment, doesn't mean you need cloaks for all; shoot maybe the chest looks like a cloak wrapping similar to Arthas's gear.

I'm still waiting for my trench coats / coats in general. This was the expansion to add them and they clearly have the ability to do so, but it seems like they probably won't at this point because they know it's all players will wear, so they're delegating them to the Worgen heritage set most likely.

True but it fits the theme of the expansion(Zone) so it would only make sense to add it. People would still mog out of it to their favorite sets but why not make new Favorite sets??

Quote Originally Posted by Z a v i u s View Post
    With the new Armor sets in the new zones, when it comes to the pvp sets all they do is lazy color tint changes.

They removed Tier sets to allow the art team to create more armor sets per each aspect of the game (Raiding, Dungeons, PVP, Open world). But with that promise just like so many others they fail to make armor sets for each aspect of the game, all they do is default to the lazy side of things and change armor tints.

What they should do is for each aspect of the game have the items progress in design and not just color. While yes this seems difficult but they removed tier sets to allow more time for these designs.

So lets say in the open world while leveling, each zone offers a different gear that goes with the theme of that zone. So Nazmir theme is Swam gear and the quest gear is different from the mob gear, also with the blood trolls they could have a blood troll theme gear set for them also. Voldun would be desert theme with the quest offering more urban desert theme and the mobs dropping being survival open world theme desert gear, then with the Snake people have their theme gear.

PVP - Just like the current theme we have with the Warfront, each season has its own progressive theme. Looking at the 8.2 they look like the basic recolored questing gear that Nazjatar offers.

Dungeons - To simplify this since there are so many but it would be nice if each dungeons had a cluster of 2-3 that offered the same theme and same theme gear, with each gear progressing from normal to mythic. Each one getting more detailed and a bit more legit.

Raids - Starting with the most basic LFR model not having the same models as Normal - Heroic with just different recolored but the base starting point of that gear, Make each one totally different and advance for each difficulty.

With the promise that with the removal of tier gear would add more gear configs, I feel they have fallen drastically short of that promise. By doing this for the beginning of the expansion and then for each patch when we go to new zones... it would add an abundance of new gear that isn't just recolors of the same content. Continue to switch it up and experiment, doesn't mean you need cloaks for all; shoot maybe the chest looks like a cloak wrapping similar to Arthas's gear.
    They tryed that already in Wod for LFR that ship has sailed by now.

Armor sets in general for BFA have been meh.

Honestly the entire team at the moment it seems just lacks passion and drive. BFA shows that.

The only decent set really to come out of this expansion is the Plate Arathi Warfront set.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    For the most part they have held to more sets in other places with them adding way more sets then they did in legion. 8.2 falls short with them only adding 10 sets and no PvP variety but hopefully they will get back on track and not go back to just using re colours for PvP.

If the team is lacking passion, they need to clear house and get some new people in there, that are still extremely passionate about WoW and the Game and not just those people in the classic Team. Because Live is Lacking atm

If the team is lacking passion, they need to clear house and get some new people in there, that are still extremely passionate about WoW and the Game and not just those people in the classic Team. Because Live is Lacking atm
    That's the problem though.

If they replaced the bigger parts of those teams they'd just get worse people who focus more on rushing a product out for profit than making a quality one. It's a lose-lose situation for WoW no matter what happens sadly mate.

It's sad to see the art department has suffered to this expansion but it's just the way it is.

You act like there are bunch of talented people in the line just waiting to get in. I'm pretty sure blizzard has had job opening for the art team open almost all the time. But the reality is, when it comes to money you cant buy people that are talented in the art deparment. Art is the only place where throwing money doesn't suddenly make anyone better than they are.

You think they look great? Really? o.0

Can't really say anything about the people working on items, some of the weapons and armor non-set items in bfa are really detailed and nice, so there is certainly passion and skill. Seems more like a choice from the leadership to cut costs and see if they can get away with it. Saying it will let them create more armor sets pr. aspects of the game seems like empty talk that they had to say when they announced they would only be making armor type sets.

Ofcourse the expansion is far from over, and legion had those rehashed armor sets aswell, and they are making the heritage armor sets on the side, but it still seems lackluster not having class armor.

Now the recolour thing is annoying certainly, especially since when they started doing heritage armor there were different colours in the data files, but that was shelved, hard not to see the shelving as something the leadership did they did so they can get away with launching recoloured sets in the big patches instead of actually providing something new. If we had the option to change colours like so many other games in the genre provides, then recoloured sets in 8.2 would seem an utter joke, well even more of joke than it already is.

As far as transmog goes, I don't for see myself coming back to BfA to run old Raids for the cool mog gear, none of it is worthwhile.

I'm still running old Legion mythics to complete Plate and Cloth sets. Legion had some great Plate tier sets, as well Cloth.

BfA is a friggin joke in the design department. Plate gear being the same for DKs, Paladin's, and Warrior's is unreal, and terrible idea. Plus they look so mediocre and like green questing sets.

Same with Shields and weapons, really nothing amazing looking.

And don't even get me started on lack of true Tier gear. Ugh. At least with tier gear, when you would switch specs from like Protection to Fury, the stats would immediately automatically switch per that spec change too. But now you need to spend gold each time you want to change your azerite traits. WTF? Or farm and hope you get lucky for another 3 pcs of i400+ gear. Stupid
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2019-04-28 at 09:41 PM.