Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Did they just use Thal'dranath for Zin'Azshari?

It just looks like a larger Nar'thalas - and what I imagined we would get in Thal'dranath, which was ditched. Did they just paste that zone for Naz'jatar.

This would explain the severe lack of a proper naga section or city.

It's mid expansion, they don't do new sets in mid expansion, which might explain why only the Eternal Palace looks naga, but lore wise that surely can't be all the naga have after 10,000 years.

The fact that we don't see it, probably means that this set for 8.2 is the unfinished Thal'dranath.

They have either just completely ignored the rest of the naga home and done a patch job like they did Argus, or they are planning more from it in the next expansion when they have more time to build a proper set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I wouldn't expect any more than this honestly. This is the heart of the Naga empire in all it's bland, rocky, dullness.

Enjoy your seaweed Soufflé.

Vashj'ir felt like a more worthy Nazjatar by a country mile.

I just don't understand why they can't add a bit more flavour to it... bioluminescent mushrooms, sea stars, sea weeds, those fish with shiny baubles.

TI is so vibrant and alive, it pops.

Vashj'ir and even Deepholme have very contrasting colour patterns, it's pleasing to the eye.

Last edited by Voidwielder; 2019-05-03 at 09:15 AM.

It's the first PTR build of Nazjatar, there will be more details added when the final build hits.
    AftermathhUI: @ WoWinterface
    Dirty Twist: @ Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I just don't understand why they can't add a bit more flavour to it... bioluminescent mushrooms, sea stars, sea weeds, those fish with shiny baubles.

Maybe inspiration is gone in blizzard.. the lore drives these things, but when it becomes so muddled and confusing, can we expect any different?

Alternatively, this may just be because it is a mid-expansion thing, like Argus, and not an actual expansion set, which has a proper treatment. CAn you imagine if they did Naz'jatar like they did Kul'tiras or Zandalar - you would have the naga city pretty much the sort of scale we have Zuldazar, the ruins of Zin'Azshari would be the size of Vol'dun and the beautiful sea wilds would be the size of Nazmir.

Quote Originally Posted by Aftermathhqt View Post
    It's the first PTR build of Nazjatar, there will be more details added when the final build hits.
    So goes the theory...

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh yuo sweet summer child..

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    oh yuo sweet summer child..
    My thoughts exactly... we were all there once though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    X to Doubt.

This is an advanced build of it. There's too much wrong for them to be able to fix it on schedule.

5+ Year Old Account
    Good, I didn't want to come back to this disappointment of a game anyway.

I think so, and had been thinking this already before you made the thread. They described it as having a lot of ancient elven art assets in one of the interviews. They were already planning out BFA at the time so it might have been seen as too redundant with Queen Azshara coming, and not really Legion-y enough

However I don't think at the time I felt like Thal'dranath needed to be released between 7.1 and 7.2. Probably because I was so caught up in AP farming, Nighthold (great raid), going back to ToV some, and farming for legos that never would drop.

Now that I care less about grinding my brains out now though, I would have wanted it, just like I would have wanted a new zone in 8.1 (beyond the Warfront).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post

The muted color palette of environments and transmog sets this tier seems like it's intentional, probably because they'll go full on vibrant for Dragon Isles. I definitely prefer vibrant and it wasn't worth going away from it for a whole xpac.

Nah it's just recycled Azsuna assets.

Having to put actual effort into the game is a rarity for them these days.

The colors from Zin'Azshari are kinda depressing. The whole zone seems too dark for me.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    My thoughts exactly... we were all there once though.
    Yeah, we were. Remember how people bitched how undetailed Boralus was on first Beta builds? Or you just pick memories that fits your narrative?

There are plenty valid things to criticize WoW. Art & cinematic are not among them, sometimes they even carry whole game.

10+ Year Old Account
    New to the game?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for being mister positive!
    But lets be real..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    New to the game?
    Hilarious that like 3 people are kinda saying the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    The colors from Zin'Azshari are kinda depressing. The whole zone seems too dark for me.
    Its not the color problem.. I mean we are UNDER the ocean.. wr need darker places.. I mean look at night time in game.. it still looks like we are in daytime.. this darker vibe is exxactly what nazjatar needs to make it dark and creepy, the problem so far with this zone is that its freaking zin ashari.. the place of power 10000 years ago.. and it looks bland. Thats the problem.

coral and other sea fauna things die when taken out of the water, all the plants are dead, which is why its dull instead of vibrant? its already decaying.

edit : because its lifted right? its not underwater?

Quote Originally Posted by Versatia View Post
    coral and other sea fauna things die when taken out of the water, all the plants are dead, which is why its dull instead of vibrant? its already decaying.

edit : because its lifted right? its not underwater?
    Also deeper underwater there is a loooot less life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

Its not the color problem.. I mean we are UNDER the ocean.. wr need darker places.. I mean look at night time in game.. it still looks like we are in daytime.. this darker vibe is exxactly what nazjatar needs to make it dark and creepy, the problem so far with this zone is that its freaking zin ashari.. the place of power 10000 years ago.. and it looks bland. Thats the problem.
    It looks like a ruin that sunk 10k years ago. It also matches other similar ruins. It looks appropriate. Some shining pristine metropolis would feel wrong on so many levels.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

It's a rush job. They know the expansion doesn't have a pulse, so are likely focusing all resources toward the next expansion.