Poll: What style of name will us use?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account

What type of names are you using?

Choosing a name is a huge deal in classic. You don't want to pick the wrong name.

LeGoLaZzZ would be a good name for a hunter, just to make it feel like vanilla

I find RP is better if you're in a raiding guild and doing the content with your character. Gimmick names are best if you're primarily pvping.

kumwagon will be my name

I used to have variations of names that ended with -itus.

Now I just do variations to my main’s name. It’s just easier for everyone to know who I am since I level tons of toons

10+ Year Old Account
    My Forsaken is named Somedeadguy. If they were around during Vanilla (can't remember) then i'll use that same name for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    kumwagon will be my name
    Just like in real life eh?

15+ Year Old Account
    To me, character names are one of the most important things.
    I am a name fanatic and cannot play a toon with a bad name.

I cannot stress enough what a big deal it is to me and I have plans for multiple classes and the order in which I will secure them based on the probability they will be chosen by others.

My names are a combination of funny (not cheesy) and fitting based on race and class.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    My Forsaken is named Somedeadguy. If they were around during Vanilla (can't remember) then i'll use that same name for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like in real life eh?
    how long did it take you to think of that zinger? It's clear, you're one of the greats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    how long did it take you to think of that zinger? It's clear, you're one of the greats.
    Sarcasm noted. Poor, extremely thinly sarcasm is still sarcasm unfortunately

Names for me are a mixed bag. A Tauren warrior named Dives or Krushim would be hilarious to see how many people scream at me to handle many whelps.
    Besides that I may do something super basic like "DazWarrio, DazDurid, DazPriest" etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    A lore-friendly name. Same as live.

I don't like using any other kind of name.

ok how about Xsephirothx? no?

ok how about XXSephirothxx? damn thats taken too

hmm...what about...

~Disconnected from Server~

There's a name that I go by in guild/on server and my toons all have a class-themed variant on that name.

Slavic food name, as always
    Sarma or Marmelada or Torta
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    I named my draenei "Draynay", so it will probably be something equally uninspired.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be rolling on one of the promised RP servers, so I'll be picking RP-appropriate names (already know I'll be naming my gnome mage Zippy, for example). That being said, I also really enjoy seeing the sort of silly puns and clever wordplay people come up with for names, as well as the occasional crass one-liner. I have vivid memories from TBC BGs of a guy named 'Urwifemykids' and another named 'Donkeepunch.' I, being extremely immature when it comes to crass jokes, found both hilarious.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    For my main character, I'm going to reuse the name and look and everything. Mostly because I'm hoping maybe some of my long gone friends (some who quit playing and lost contact before Real ID / battle.net app existed) will recognize me if they come back for Classic. I know that's a small chance, but still.

Alts, I don't really care. Random name button, most likely.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-04-30 at 02:33 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Way back then, I thought I was clever when I named my rogue 'Rogueaine'.
    He was bald, obv.
    I dunno what I'll use this time around, but I do know it will probably take at least an hour of contemplation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Way back then, I thought I was clever when I named my rogue 'Rogueaine'.
    He was bald, obv.
    I dunno what I'll use this time around, but I do know it will probably take at least an hour of contemplation.
    That's pretty funny. It may not be clever but it's definitely worth a chuckle.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

My name in Classic (and ever since) has been a longer RP name with personal significance. While I'm planning on still using that name, it was also problematic because my raid leader could not for the life of him pronounce it. Given time, and how things are far more social (so a need to call people by their names), I'm considering changing to something else, but I go back and forth every day and probably won't know for sure until I make the guy.