Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    If by movement you mean manual placement every time you move then no, thats still a problem. That is the reason searing was removed, it was a complicated mechanic for dps.
    Searing was removed because totem design cornered it into a box where interesting gameplay mechanics couIdnt be introduced without altering the entire totem system.

https://chainheal.com/resto-shaman-c...totem-removed/

It can work, for sure. The bringing in of pirate elements and diverging from bleeds/poisons/shadow magic made outlaw stand out on its own.

Then they cut those pirate elements back out in BFA for some damn reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Some absolutely random ideas without any thought -

- UH dk becomes a plate caster class - the necromancer
    - Arms becomes the Blademaster
    - Warlocks finally get a true tanking option
    - full dps prot pally option (similar to warriors back in wod??)

I would love to hear some of your ideas that morph current classes / specs with some of the more popular future class ideas floating out there.
    D3 Necromancer have both melee and ranged builds, and various builds that is not same as DK in WOW, some D3 builds could be implemented in WOW as seperate class or new spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Well, yeah, and thus losing rogue fantasy, very original. May be it’s you who're providing such foolish ideas to devs quietly behind everyones' back?
    I mean I main a monk now which is one of the lower played classes so maybe I just have objectively bad taste but I thought legion outlaw was the best that spec had ever been.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I mean I main a monk now which is one of the lower played classes so maybe I just have objectively bad taste but I thought legion outlaw was the best that spec had ever been.
    And someone liked to play TBC option, someone like it when devs shared mobility to whole class during MoP, but all this time it was about “combat” and no any stupid pirates. Everything is well thought out - rogue, blade master/face-to-face fighter, such was its "specialization" without violating class fantasy. Quotes from links in previous post:
    It was master of weapons, agile blade fighter (speed, passive bonuses, more health and surviving, less been controlled), somehow like old survival for hunters. And outlaw with pistols out of rogue class, because they shouldn't have stealth_mechanic+poisons+weapon_master - rather middle_range_fight+engenering stuff they specializing, BUT every rogue must have stealth+poisons+lock_picking+trap_disarming+melee_fight_prioritet.
    For the reference, about the 'classic-specializations':
    Subtlety
    - stealth (burst, bonuses, functionality), armor decrease, bleeds, mobility
    Combat
    - passive bonuses weapons+stats+energy_recovering+survival+face-to-face_combat
    Assassin
    - more energy, combat points generation and stronger crits, poisons
    but mechanics (basic set of skills and abilities) for all representatives of the class were the same, because this is what class really means, and they could specializing a little in every direction and choose from the stuff what suit their style better, because this is what spec really means.
    It's funny that in Pandaria, when mobility was extended to whole class, combat began used much more for PvP.
    More examples of inconsistency of your reasoning:
    - 15/31/5 daggers - <url>
    - 19/32/0 swords - <url>
    I believe, my friend, that you will say that they don't differ :} since this is the same 'spec', am I right? But they differ in a couple of significant points that will affect choice of race, preferred gear and abilities. checkmate.
    because unlike brothers in arms, it was about 'combat', and not about 'tricky killing people'-outlaw.. <url>
    (there was dispute about differences in general, as I understand, but I would call it rather somehow like “about possibilities of customization”)

But I repeat, that tastes and preferences have no power in this case.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-05-31 at 05:43 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    D3 Necromancer have both melee and ranged builds, and various builds that is not same as DK in WOW, some D3 builds could be implemented in WOW as seperate class or new spec.
    Not like D3 was the first to come up with the idea of a holy, shield based dps spec with Crusader, but it was certainly my favorite class in d3 for a long time.