View Poll Results: What of the following you are not looking forward to?

Voters
573. This poll is closed
  • No "AoE" looting;

257 44.85%
  • Far fewer graveyards;

137 23.91%
  • Far fewer flight points;

91 15.88%
  • Mailing takes an hour when sending to alts or guildmates;

132 23.04%
  • No more shared gathering nodes (you take it, it disappears for everyone);

87 15.18%
  • Having to mine ore veins more than once to get all the ores/stones within;

75 13.09%
  • Having to stop leveling to go train new abilities and/or ability ranks;

54 9.42%
  • Your favorite race (draenei, goblin, blood elf, etc) is not available;

72 12.57%
  • Older graphics;

116 20.24%
  • Having to keep an eye on spell reagents (including warlock soul shards);

65 11.34%
  • Horde/Alliance/neutral auction houses no longer linked;

55 9.60%
  • No 'dual spec';

213 37.17%
  • Fixed raid sizes;

41 7.16%
  • Cannot create characters of opposite factions in PvP servers;

47 8.20%
  • Hunter pets need to be kept happy, i.e. feed them specific food often;

48 8.38%
  • No transmogrification;

117 20.42%
  • No mount/pet collection tab. Each occupies one item slot in your bags;

142 24.78%
  • No PvP arenas;

62 10.82%
  • Mounts can only be trained at 40 and 60, and much more expensive;

69 12.04%
  • Other - please specify in your post.

91 15.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No aoe looting is the feature i'll miss the most. It was such a small change but it made such a difference.

Oof, I didn't even think about non-AoE looting before reading your post lol

Those memories of dungeon runs where everybody has to scavenge the floor every few feet suddenly surfaced hahah

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Just about all of those.

Most of all I’ll miss Blood Elves and transmog.

Then newer models and being able to multi tag mobs.

Then convenience features line insta mail, aoe looting etc...
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-05-01 at 06:08 PM.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Other: No class balance. Any class with a healing spec has to play as a healer in raids. I hated it back then and hate it now.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I'd be okay with a little quality of life added to classic (transmogrification that can be disabled from viewing, updated graphics that can be disabled from viewing, AOE looting, and mount collection tabs for the sake of inventory space to name a few), but in so saying I'd probably rile up the 'purists'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with classic being classic and I don't want major gameplay changes. Hell, I'm a bit salty they removed wall-walking, even. But it doesn't change the fact that I'd prefer to have these little bits of quality of life all the same.

Ah, well. I probably won't spend much time on classic anyways, except to revisit my nostalgia and kill some time having a blast in the best version of Alterac Valley.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Other: No class balance. Any class with a healing spec has to play as a healer in raids. I hated it back then and hate it now.
    Well unless you were in a hardcore progression raid (i.e., cutting edge content) people didn't force others to spec entirely for it, nor was it really necessary. This was especially true for the first few raids, where you had far more players than you actually needed, and any type of healer was desired enough that most groups gladly overlooked whether or not you had talents for slightly more healing or not.

Hell, in some cases being offspec actually helped, for that matter... retribution paladins' level 40 ability, Blessing of Kings, used to be highly desirable.

But I digress. Even if they didn't force you to respec, being forced to heal because every other role is awful for raids still is kind of miserable.

No AoE looting. The rest are part of what I enjoyed about the game at that time and feel like it's why I'm not interested in the game that much these days.

Only really "Cannot create characters of opposite factions in PvP servers" but in the past I just used 2 accounts to bypass that and prolly when I feel like it, will do it again.

Literally none of those things bother me.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    My sole complaint about Classic at this point:

People who constantly complaining about it or some aspect about it.

The players. WoW's fanbase is the worst thing I've ever seen, ranging from attitude to skill. It's just some of the drop-dead worst I've ever seen.

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted worse graphics, no transmogrification, and other. Last one is mostly because of quest hubs. There will be hubs still, but the quests will be so spread out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    While it is satisfying to really explore, especially in zones you haven't quested in that much, the fact that you get no visual indicator ingame where a quest is done really gets tiresome quickly. It's only immersive that long to look through quest texts and only get a very vague direction on where to go.

This leads to any serious player having quest addons to do questing that needs to be maintained and updated. If there's any QoL change I wish Blizzard implements, it's quest indicators on the world map. I mean let's be honest, within 2 weeks everyone that plans on staying will be using such an addon, and it'd be better if Blizzard themselves added one.

Other than that, literally nothing on the poll list bothers me. All of that was simply part of the experience. And a lot of people will read my post and feel the same, but you do get tired of the "to the west, along the mountain" and just running blindly, or you alt-tab to check a classic db site.

I will most likely try to get my first 60 without such an addon, because I really want to go back to that slower style of leveling where you aren't just following along a set route, but the lack of a world map quest indicator really does feel like self-gimping after a while.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-05-01 at 07:02 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Its not something I will miss, but I anticipate a lot of confusion from people when they are questing and realise that quest objectives don't glow or sparkle anymore. Nor do quest mobs show what quest item they drop in their tooltip. Just the simple fact that reading comprehension and map use will be mandatory, is something I see stopping a lot of people in their tracks. The modern game values efficiency over immersion. The opposite is true of Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I picked "no dual spec" but in reality what i dont like is the "respec cost".

I like to try different talents, as a customization nerd likes to do.

And you just cant in classic.
    Even though in 2019 it's known what the correct specs are for each class and role? Not meant as an elitist comment, I can't imagine any type of player wanting to play a spec that isn't optimal. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Even though in 2019 it's known what the correct specs are for each class and role? Not meant as an elitist comment, I can't imagine any type of player wanting to play a spec that isn't optimal. :-/
    I like to come up with my own style for PvP
    PvE ill just min max and pick the best talents.

The frankly schizo itemization that's all over the map. You pick up some weird items here and there, and then blam you get a trinket that's on par with raid-level loot from a level 51 quest in The Hinterlands.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Older graphics, and no transmog I guess, but I forgot to vote for that. Everything else is just fine.

Other ; people looking for things to complain about.
    You don't like, don't play.
    Or maybe you'll realize that all your list is things that make an mmo.

Almost every part of the game has something that I would just find to be worse than live wow, but I am going to play it anyway so I wont let that cloud my judgement here.

The #1 thing that I must say I am not looking forward to in Classic is the lack of end game competitive content. Basically, outside of raids, there is nothing to do at all other than farm gold to progress my character and improve myself as a player.
    There isn't even training dummys to practice on haha!

I worry that, unless they do a full rebalance of the PVE in the game, the lack of challenge outside of raids will not keep my interest and encourage me to play more and more.

Without that encouragement, I can easily see myself just leveling toons and then not playing them.

I know I really love ZG though, so I'd love to be able to do multiple runs of that a week on multiple toons once that's out. So that will be my goal, for the short term.
    Get a bunch of toons together before that comes out, run some dungeons I enjoy and gear up the best I can for ZG.
    Then if that doesn't end up being as fun as I hope, I suppose that will be it for Classic.

Will depend a lot on what is going on with BFA or 9.0 by that point too though.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not hyped for classic. Not at all. Played it from the beginning to the end - please not again. xD I'll stay on retail
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...