View Poll Results: What of the following you are not looking forward to?

Voters
573. This poll is closed
  • No "AoE" looting;

257 44.85%
  • Far fewer graveyards;

137 23.91%
  • Far fewer flight points;

91 15.88%
  • Mailing takes an hour when sending to alts or guildmates;

132 23.04%
  • No more shared gathering nodes (you take it, it disappears for everyone);

87 15.18%
  • Having to mine ore veins more than once to get all the ores/stones within;

75 13.09%
  • Having to stop leveling to go train new abilities and/or ability ranks;

54 9.42%
  • Your favorite race (draenei, goblin, blood elf, etc) is not available;

72 12.57%
  • Older graphics;

116 20.24%
  • Having to keep an eye on spell reagents (including warlock soul shards);

65 11.34%
  • Horde/Alliance/neutral auction houses no longer linked;

55 9.60%
  • No 'dual spec';

213 37.17%
  • Fixed raid sizes;

41 7.16%
  • Cannot create characters of opposite factions in PvP servers;

47 8.20%
  • Hunter pets need to be kept happy, i.e. feed them specific food often;

48 8.38%
  • No transmogrification;

117 20.42%
  • No mount/pet collection tab. Each occupies one item slot in your bags;

142 24.78%
  • No PvP arenas;

62 10.82%
  • Mounts can only be trained at 40 and 60, and much more expensive;

69 12.04%
  • Other - please specify in your post.

91 15.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    In completely honesty, I actually prefer pretty much everything on the list.
    Most of those points are what makes me excited about classic. I'd mark the graveyards/flightpaths mildly annoying since you will die a lot and also have to travel back and forth a ton. People forgot just how disjointed the leveling quests were. You had to jump zones and continents every 1-2 levels if you wanted to really optimize questing. Trying to do everything in a zone quickly ended up with you vs 3 or 4 lvl higher mobs that handed your ass back you. Damn I'm already salivating for another vanilla leveling run.

That the only ressource that means anything in classic is time, i can be the most awesome player since the dawn of time and it will mean nothing for my progression because some student/unemployed guy/girl able to play 10 hours a day will always be ahead of me not just because of skill but of time sunk into the game, i mean hell the classic pvp system basicaly promotes the most unhealthy playstyle ever.

Damn it... because of this topic i'm getting even more impatient und would like to play it today...

Super hyped for Classic, but there are some little things I could complain about.

Races - I love Worgen and always wanted them to be playable since I first saw them in Vanilla.

PvP System - I'm going for very high ranks. I don't mind that it's super hard, I actually think it should be this way. However, I am not a fan of rank decay. The fact that if I take a short break from the game I'll start de-ranking... I hate that.

Ahahaha, nice poll.

I'd vote largely "all of the above". I like Retail more than Classic. I am still going to play Classic, as I have that completion itch and I only became a true raider years later. The feeling of "gotta go back" is strong, and while i know what to expect and I accept it - that doesn't mean I'll enjoy all those aspects of it that will regress over current design.

Suppose what I am saying is, I'll be in it for the "content" not necessarily the systems design.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Ahahaha, nice poll.

I'd vote largely "all of the above". I like Retail more than Classic. I am still going to play Classic, as I have that completion itch and I only became a true raider years later. The feeling of "gotta go back" is strong, and while i know what to expect and I accept it - that doesn't mean I'll enjoy all those aspects of it that will regress over current design.

Suppose what I am saying is, I'll be in it for the "content" not necessarily the systems design.
    I'm with this guy, except I wont be playing. I cant be asked to fork over a monthly fee to go back in time and rack up frustration points.

The fact that respec has a cost while leveling, I think they should do away with that while leveling and at max level give a few free ones per weak for some flexibility. This would have 0 impact on the economy and was in the OG Vanilla as a pointless time sink for most. I do not know anyone who bothered changing their spec when they had no constant source of income and a lot of times would just tough out whatever their raiding spec was for non raid content.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm very hyped for Classic, but it had its flaws. None of said flaws will stop me from playing it, of course, but they exist.

The old graphics will be my biggest turnoff, I think. I actually prefer the new models, and I'll be playing Classic on a PC that's capable of playing games made in 2019, so I'd kind of like to see what it looks like with modern graphics.

I remember seeing a few clips on YouTube where someone showed what Elwynn Forest (and a small handful of other zones) would look like in Unreal Engine, and it was fucking amazing. Although I know Blizzard wouldn't do anything along those lines, it'd be a "shut up and take my money" moment for me if they ever did.

If Classic WoW looked like that, I'd have a hard time putting the game down.

edit: and yeah I could see lack of dual specs getting annoying if you're raiding.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-05-02 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't realise quite how much I'd miss AOE looting until I tried the Blizzcon demo :P
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Absence of guild-banks and debuff-limit are probably 2 only things that are not that good. Otherwise it's perfect RPG imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone like me who hasn't played Classic since... well classic, it's going top be quite a readjustment, remembering what was and what wasnt.

I have kind of been spoiled by WoW over the years a lot of the stuff I liked have come and gone since Classic, although I am gonna miss the new models..

I mean... this is classic and we gotta look at this for Blood Elves and High Elves....

ewww
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-05-02 at 03:38 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really mind any of that stuff. Readjusting to single tag mobs is going to be irksome but eh. I think we all know what we're getting into with Classic.The things I'm not looking forward to are more changes that Blizzard has made rather than things that are inherent to Vanilla. There's no reliving not wanting your tier set because the stats were ass compared to a well chosen set of well itemized blues, or having your tier set look ass ugly because Blizzard hadn't done the graphics for them yet. There is no farming barman shanker or having to wait for someone to get the Arcanite Reaper recipe and farming mats for it on an arms warrior (We'll never have a version of Classic that doesn't have weapon normalization. gag.) 1.12 PvP is going to be awful IF it's true to Vanilla 1.12 PvP because that's where we started figuring out just how annoying mace stun was (though it didn't become problematic until Stormherald and Arena in BC) - Running into every PvP warrior and their mother having TUF is going to be interesting.

I'm not really looking forward to the nerfed versions of the dungeons either. They made them easier so that people would actually want to run them as 5-mans instead of raiding them. For me there are a lot of nostalgia moments that Classic won't recapture but as long as most of the gameplay from Vanilla is intact it should be fun enough.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    i love every single line ....

can u stahp spreading BS?
    "BS"? Can you specify what, exactly, in what I listed, is "BS"? Are you going to say that anything of what I wrote there is false?

I simply asked what features (or lack thereof) of Classic WoW those hyped for the game are not looking forward to.

I didn't ask what is preventing them from playing Classic, I didn't ask what is a deal-breaker for them... none of that.

Thank you for you "zero cents" of "valuable contribution"

Have a good day.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2019-05-02 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Exactly. I'm not here to champion any changes to Classic, just asking what were the things that annoyed you back during vanilla.
    And then arguing with people over their responses

I would like to have achievements, i don't think it detracts from the game heavily, but i still like them!

I struggled to say Yes to any of those things.

* Having to train new ranks is annoying, but having multi-rank spell choice is a great bonus. Rank 4 Healing Touch FTW.
    * Failed attempts at mining etc are annoying but not devastating and the multi hit slows down the spam farmers.

About the only thing that really will annoy me is not being able to talk to Quest Givers or Vendors in Bear form.

Not looking forward to the leveling.

It really is not fun. This is coming from a guy who leveled 6 lvl 60s during Vanilla. It sucks. It is never fun. Never will be.

The endgame part is pretty good in Vanilla but... I don't look forward to grinding old dungeons again.

Basically... I'm not sure if I'll even take it seriously. I get why people who HAVE NOT played Vanilla are really looking forward to this.

I've played it and I genuinely warn you, it is not as glamorous as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Heph47 View Post
    And then arguing with people over their responses
    One said he was looking forward toward every single little thing about Classic and nothing about it even bothered him in the slightest, then giving false reasoning for the existence of pirate servers.

The other was voting while having no interest in playing Classic WoW, despite me asking in the OP that those not interested in playing Classic please abstained from voting.

And in none of those posts I "championed for changes to Classic". Only did what I proposed in the OP: talk about what people interested in Classic what were not looking forward to.

I don't like that I won't be able to no life it like I did when I was in Uni.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Someone like me who hasn't played Classic since... well classic, it's going top be quite a readjustment, remembering what was and what wasnt.

I have kind of been spoiled by WoW over the years a lot of the stuff I liked have come and gone since Classic, although I am gonna miss the new models..

I mean... this is classic and we gotta look at this for Blood Elves and High Elves....

ewww
    Omg that terrified me a bit...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    I would like to have achievements, i don't think it detracts from the game heavily, but i still like them!

achievements are what kept me going and subbed (beside bfa) plus Aoe loots if i managed farm aoes 10-25 mobs and gonna be pain in ass to loot every single of them before despawn... I don't mind a bit