Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Realistically speaking I don’t think 9.0 is going to have an Allied Race, 8.3.5 I can see being a big ole Allied Race dump, 2 per side. 9.0 is more than likely a new class, most are betting on Tinker, if and it’s a big if, if Tinker comes maybe they’ll release an Allied Race, maybe neutral Ethereals, to go along with Tinkers, maybe. Any other potential new class I don’t see having a decent pairing of Allied Race with.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Alonsus foul founded the Priest Order. He was in contact with Priest NPCs.
    What does this have to do with me saying Alonsus being dead?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vejah View Post
    What does this have to do with me saying Alonsus being dead?
    Not currently dead. Was dead and thought to be missing but pretty much alive as Undead and active in Legion.

Tortollan Neutral race perhaps as wildcard?
    This or Hozen would be the only way I roll another monk. My tortollan would totally be a ninja turtle knock off.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    This or Hozen would be the only way I roll another monk. My tortollan would totally be a ninja turtle knock off.
    I want Tortollan to be playable so bad for this reason, ever since BFA announcement and seeing them there.

I see some options.

If they want to go: "Just come back to the game!" - they will add High elves and Ogres.

If they want to go: "We are nice and listen to you!" - they will add Vulpera and Sethrak.

If they want to go: "Yeah we don't care, we do what we want!" - they will add Mechagnomes and Gilgoblins.

If they want to go: "Ït's WRATH again baby!" - they will add Lightforged Forsaken and Tuskarr.

edit: below poster reminded me.

If they want to go: "Draenor mattered!" - they will add Cathar and those leaf elves i forget the name.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-05-15 at 02:12 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good morning from Philippines! I just came back from the needed MMO-C participation break and just came back in time from our country's Senatorial + LGU election voting.So back to business:
    @Swnem:
    Options are welcome.- One thing I can foresee: No Vrykul and Highborne allied races in 9.0 but an opportunity for Elven races to play one and Human races to RP as Vrykul by default. @wanax, @Directionalk9:
    It's interesting how many of the WoW player population would like to main as Tortollan if they would be included in-game. o could definitely see a lot going for the Tortollan Monk combination.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-14 at 05:42 PM.

o could definitely see a lot going for the Tortollan Monk combination.
    With the new options from transmog I’d imagine a lot of minimalist red, orange, purple, and blue leather set for torto monks.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think 8.2.5 will feature Mechagnomes joining the Horde, while Vulpera join the Alliance.

After that, we will see Sethrak joining the Horde, and "Redeemed" or "Lightforged" Undead joining the Alliance. This patch will also most likely bring straight backs for Forsaken.

Next Allied Races are anyone's guess, but this will probably be around the time of the next expansion so I can imagine the first neutral Allied Race possibly with a new skeleton coming out at this point (Ethereals anyone?)

Good morning from Philippines! I just came back from the needed MMO-C participation break and just came back in time from our country's Senatorial + LGU election voting.So back to business:
    @Swnem:
    Options are welcome.- One thing I can foresee: No Vrykul and Highborne allied races in 9.0 but an opportunity for Elven races to play one and Human races to RP as Vrykul by default. @wanax, @Directionalk9:
    It's interesting how many of the WoW player population would like to main as Tortollan if they would be included in-game. o could definitely see a lot going for the Tortollan Monk combination.
    I guess it has to do with the average wow player having grown up with the Ninja Turtles and it being a fun reference. I don’t know that I’d play it much but it would certainly be fun to see on my character screen.

PS....have some lumpia for me!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    I think 8.2.5 will feature Mechagnomes joining the Horde, while Vulpera join the Alliance.
    Why would you assume that the Mechagnomes would join the Horde and the Vulpera the Alliance? everything we have points out that is the other way.

I mean... the Vulpera are part of the council of the Zandalari, the forsaken guards in the Zandalari capital, ask you why are you interested in the Vulpera, if its because that Sylvanas have commanded you to make them part of the Horde, they say that whenever you ask where the Vulpera emmisary is, also the Vulpera talk badly of the Alliance after King Rastakhan is slain.

Also with the Mechagnomes, we don't have that many things pointing them into a faction or the other, but there is a Gnome who points out that she would really like to become a machine, and now we have Mekkatorque in a coma, so its really likely that he will get "fixed" by the mechagnomes

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Look so.. this would suck. Why? Because we onky got like 3 races people realy wanted which are zanda, dark Iron and nightborne.. the rest well no one cares. I mean were are wildhammer, forest trolls, vrykul, tuskar.. you know things people want. Vulpera and mechagnomes are two realy boring looking races no one realy cares about.
    I guess you are right, but if this was the case the allied race system would just be a failure..

- - - Updated - - -

That already failed with void elves.. so there is that.
    Perhaps... You should... take a loot at:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ead/18751/4397

A LOT of folks want vulpera. Mechagnome hype is meh but they seem cool to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I really hope the Alliance gets something awesome for their final Allied race, there seems to be a persistent malaise regrding some of the choices made. I doubt it will be Ankoan though. Part of the reason we are so convinced about Mecha Gnomes and Vulpera is the sheer effort that has gone into their models, both are player ready right now. Ankoan are not that, they are barely modified Jinyu.

The Alliance allied race will, based on all other Allied races, be either

1.) Lightforged Undead with the Horde getting a Worgen variant (the Void Elf/Nightborne race swap model)
    2.) Use the Worgen skeleton but be a new race (the Vulpera use a Goblin skeleton but are not linked to them otherwise). Sethrak would be a strong candidate here, except they have little no interaction with the Alliance and plentiful interaction with the Horde. Which I find sad, as I feel Sethrak would be a fantastic Allied race and I still hope it turns out, somehow, they will join the Alliance.
    3.) Be a Worgen variant of some description.

While the Kul Tirans used a brand new model, that took as much effort as all other Allied race combined. That approach must be considered highly unlikely.

Ion did say they were listening to feedback on requested allied races in his last Q and A, so I guess we may still be surprised. It implies they weren't settled on the final set.
    The cat folk from Draenor. A handful of them came across with the orcs. Could be they get into trouble and we take them in. Either side could recruit them at that point. But cats versus dogs would be kinda cool. Plus I wanna see what their females would look like.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post

Mechagnomes have grown on me, they're enjoyably creepy and out there (though I wish there was an option for full-mech head). But I still think it's a little shitty that, if this is the route they're going, they're handing Horde another well-established, unique culture race that players have quested with and actively asked for, and giving Alliance another pop-up, no one really asked for race.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The cat folk from Draenor. A handful of them came across with the orcs. Could be they get into trouble and we take them in. Either side could recruit them at that point. But cats versus dogs would be kinda cool. Plus I wanna see what their females would look like.
    Those "cats" eat Orcs. So... try again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Why would you assume that the Mechagnomes would join the Horde and the Vulpera the Alliance? everything we have points out that is the other way.

I mean... the Vulpera are part of the council of the Zandalari, the forsaken guards in the Zandalari capital, ask you why are you interested in the Vulpera, if its because that Sylvanas have commanded you to make them part of the Horde, they say that whenever you ask where the Vulpera emmisary is, also the Vulpera talk badly of the Alliance after King Rastakhan is slain.

Also with the Mechagnomes, we don't have that many things pointing them into a faction or the other, but there is a Gnome who points out that she would really like to become a machine, and now we have Mekkatorque in a coma, so its really likely that he will get "fixed" by the mechagnomes
    Perhaps both the Zandalar Isle races are bound to join the Horde.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post

You bring up valid points. However, it seems that so far Blizz has been pretty adamant about making Allied Races based on the original skeletons of races from the opposite faction. I'm pretty sure I've even seen a blue post somewhere stating that they want the skeletons to be available to both factions whether it be through the original races or the Allied ones. That being said, we know that MechaGnomes would use the Gnome skeleton, while Vulpera will use the Goblin one. This bit of information, combined with the fact that there's still a lot of story left to tell (we haven't even set foot in Mechagon yet, and maybe the Vulpera will yet change their mind about the Horde once they get to know Sylvanas better?) leads me to believe that we're due for some plot twists that cause these races to join the opposite factions from the ones that make sense for them to join based off our current place in the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Those "cats" eat Orcs. So... try again.
    Delve into that a bit more, so tired of this.
    ONE tribe ate orcs, ONE, and that tribe seemed to be particularly more evil than the rest. And it’s pretty obvious that it happened to be orcs they ate, but was it could’ve been any race, it was really a first come, first eaten situation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    I guess it has to do with the average wow player having grown up with the Ninja Turtles and it being a fun reference. I don’t know that I’d play it much but it would certainly be fun to see on my character screen.

PS....have some lumpia for me!!!
    I'm interest how things will turn out if they allow Tortollan Druid and Shaman.

I can see paladin, warlock not part of playable class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps both the Zandalar Isle races are bound to join the Horde.
    Both? you mean the Sethrak too? well... i don't remember if they join the Zandalari cort, though i do remember that the Tortollan and Vulpera do join

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    You bring up valid points. However, it seems that so far Blizz has been pretty adamant about making Allied Races based on the original skeletons of races from the opposite faction. I'm pretty sure I've even seen a blue post somewhere stating that they want the skeletons to be available to both factions whether it be through the original races or the Allied ones. That being said, we know that MechaGnomes would use the Gnome skeleton, while Vulpera will use the Goblin one. This bit of information, combined with the fact that there's still a lot of story left to tell (we haven't even set foot in Mechagon yet, and maybe the Vulpera will yet change their mind about the Horde once they get to know Sylvanas better?) leads me to believe that we're due for some plot twists that cause these races to join the opposite factions from the ones that make sense for them to join based off our current place in the storyline.
    That's not completely true, as we have examples with other allied race where they use the same skeletons of another race that is in the same faction (Dark Iron, Lightforged and Maghar Orcs)

I'm interest how things will turn out if they allow Tortollan Druid and Shaman.

I can see paladin, warlock not part of playable class.
    I have a hard time seeing more than warrior sham monk mage hunter
    Last edited by wanax; 2019-05-15 at 09:32 PM.