Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But all those options are just "yes"....
    They could pull a FFXIV where you get extra options but if you pick a "bad" one you can't complete the quest so you're stuck until you say yes.

I wish MMOs gave more and better choices.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    my mage ports stormwind's sewage to orgrimmar.
    nice try but the mages in Orgrimmar simply return it to sender, You can't smell the difference but that's because Stormwind already smelled terrible with you know, all the raw sewage.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Furthermore, it's pretty clear that Horde is going to lose the third faction war in a row, its warchief will be ousted and probably replaced by an Anduin fanboi (Baine, Thrall, Saurfang, IDGAF anymore) and the whole faction will come out of this war considerably weakened, if not split outright. Yes, definitely a Horde expansion
    Oh please. The Horde was "considerably weakened" after Siege of Orgrimmar and yet were already attacking Alliance in Ashran. The very next expansion, the supposed loser of the war felt strong enough to mess with the (supposedly) undisputed winner. Two more expansions and they start the exact same shit as before, somehow confident they're going to win this time and nearly genocide one of their enemies.

This is how the Horde "loses" - we hear about it, but it doesn't really affect anything. At that point, putting "Ally sympathiser" in this position would help to avoid pointless conflict that has zero effect on anything and just wastes our time.

I'll change my mind if there's some actual price to pay for Darnassus instead of conveniently forgetting about it in the name of peace. And that's assuming there isn't some shitty Kerrigan style redemption arc planned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They could pull a FFXIV where you get extra options but if you pick a "bad" one you can't complete the quest so you're stuck until you say yes.

I wish MMOs gave more and better choices.
    You're not getting more and better choices in MMOs and still keeping persistent world. Phasing can only go so far, until the game is unrecognizable mess, because everyone made a different choice and everything looks completely different - and you can't even play together.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Oh please. The Horde was "considerably weakened" after Siege of Orgrimmar and yet were already attacking Alliance in Ashran. The very next expansion, the supposed loser of the war felt strong enough to mess with the (supposedly) undisputed winner. Two more expansions and they start the exact same shit as before, somehow confident they're going to win this time and nearly genocide one of their enemies.

This is how the Horde "loses" - we hear about it, but it doesn't really affect anything. At that point, putting "Ally sympathiser" in this position would help to avoid pointless conflict that has zero effect on anything and just wastes our time.

I'll change my mind if there's some actual price to pay for Darnassus instead of conveniently forgetting about it in the name of peace. And that's assuming there isn't some shitty Kerrigan style redemption arc planned.
    You're not getting more and better choices in MMOs and still keeping persistent world. Phasing can only go so far, until the game is unrecognizable mess, because everyone made a different choice and everything looks completely different - and you can't even play together.
    Of course Blizzard doesn't bother to update the in-game world to match the lore one.

When Blizzard is out of clear, interesting ideas for a new xpac, they always fall back to the beaten-to-death, sun-bleached skeleton of a horse that is AvH, and the results never make any sense whatsoever. It happened in Cata with entire zones being dedicated to AvH skirmishes while a huge ass dragon was literally setting the entire world ablaze, then with the whole Ashran thing in WoD, the Genn-Sylvanas showdown in the middle of a full blown demon apocalypse... and now.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    That awkward moment the horde get three different options for their story and the Alliance are just joining in to help them with their story.

#noFavouritism #definitelyNotAHordeExpansion
    Conflating dialogue with story isn't an argument. By your lol-standard every game that allows you to choose between a snarky dialogue and more serious one has branching story.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Alliance is definitely the favoured one here because they got FOUR options in their quest.
    That awkward moment when people crying about HORDE BIAS end up shooting themselves in the foot... #definitelyAHordeExpansion #HORDEBIASIsTotallyRealAndNotANonsensicalConspiracyTheoryFullOfHoles

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If all three options have exactly the same outcome, they aren't really choices, are they? Not to mention that it makes a lot of sense for the Ally player to rescue Baine, he's an efficient collaborator behind enemy lines, after all. It doesn't make so much sense for a Saurfang-aligned Horde player (I mean, he/she may sympathize with Baine, but colluding with enemy forces in order to free him? Unless this is MoP all over again, of course), and it's !@#$ing stupid from a Sylvanas loyalist PoV.
    Nah, Saurfang is Alliance pet at this point as well. He deliberately did not strike Anduin down when even Anduin said he could have had, just because Saurfang hoped Anduin to fix the Horde. Because in Saurfang's mind the Horde can't fix itself, it needs the Alliance and its wisdom to save them. Then he gets freed by Anduin and aided in his escape by SI:7.

And you're totally wrong about loyalists. They are "playing along"! They will continue "playing along" until they turn Sylvanas into sashimi, because the choices here are totally meaningful.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-05-03 at 11:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no choice. They threw that out the window when doing the Horde War Campaign to "save" Derek, where Sylvanas "loyalists" "play along". That made any choice during the Saurfang escape mean nothing (it meant nothing even then, it was just a band-aid for pissed off players starting to play MoP 2.0 again). They set this story from the beginning and we are not "playing as intended" as Horde players.

The solution , in my opinion , get to "save" Baine part of the campaign, open a ticket where you mention that the "choices" present don't represent your choice as a Horde Player and then un-subscribe or go play Alliance "as intended".
    Death to the Alliance. Death to the Horde. Death to the Living.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post

Might as well have been:
    a) I will lick Anduin's boots. For the Horde!
    b) I don't trust Anduin, but I don't see an alternative to licking his boots right now.
    c) Licking Anduin's boots was all I ever wanted.

Where's the option to sound the alarm and apprehend the Alliance spies in the middle of Orgrimmar?
    You honestly think blizz will give you a choice? O nono they want you to think there is a choice, but there never was. Its not like they will have 3 different outcome at the end.
    Who cares anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nirn View Post
    Indeed.

What is tragic is that those options do not even pretend to give the illusion of choice.
    They tried, but you said it right its an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

They tried, but you said it right its an illusion.
    No, he said that its not even an illusion. They blatantly give you three options for the same thing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    No, he said that its not even an illusion. They blatantly give you three options for the same thing.
    I know he said that, I am saying it's an illusion by blizzard thinking you have a choice..

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    PCs aren't immune to Blight. And Anduin said Sylvanas could kill even him with just her voice. Even though there's nothing more durable in WoW multiverse than Anduin's plot armor.
    That in itself is pretty silly, the Alliance has plenty of “too powerful to be used”-characters, but Sylvanas being able to “REEEEEEEE” anything within earshot to death is pretty dumb too, so how is anybody supposed to fight *that*?

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    That in itself is pretty silly, the Alliance has plenty of “too powerful to be used”-characters, but Sylvanas being able to “REEEEEEEE” anything within earshot to death is pretty dumb too, so how is anybody supposed to fight *that*?
    Same way we have to fight Jaina. Not at all and basicaly join her and suck up to her so she doesnt kill us.

Blizzard's method of choice is to make Sylvanas forget about her powers whenever the person she's fighting is supposed to survive the fight.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    War doesn't mean going Scourge v2, though.
    Which is entirely Blizz fault because they are writing this story?

It's not like Blizz asked me how I wanted WoW's story to be and I said "The game is not grimdark enough so more "KILL, MAIM, BURN!" please." so I don't get whats your point here. Blizz could've written any faction war or none at all. That they've decided to go super stupid is not my fault, or that of anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    That awkward moment the horde get three different options for their story and the Alliance are just joining in to help them with their story.

#noFavouritism #definitelyNotAHordeExpansion
    They are not choices. They are 3 ways of saying yes. You can have that, too.

"We must forgive Sylvanas, don't you agree?"

"Yes!"

"No, but this war has to end! So yes!"

"OH GOD YES!"

There, have fun with choices.

I mean, the only "meaningful" choice I got so far is saying no to Zappieboy. Which did nothing except of not giving me a toy.

Blizzard's method of choice is to make Sylvanas forget about her powers whenever the person she's fighting is supposed to survive the fight.
    Ah, same thing they do to Alliance NPCs, still crappy writing all-round, if characters are too powerful for stories to work when they use their powers, maybe they should be powered down a bit.

Ah, same thing they do to Alliance NPCs, still crappy writing all-round, if characters are too powerful for stories to work when they use their powers, maybe they should be powered down a bit.
    You're making too much sense. The obvious solution is to make them even more powerful only to force them to gargle on an even larger idiot ball to make them forget their enlarged power set.

You're making too much sense. The obvious solution is to make them even more powerful only to force them to gargle on an even larger idiot ball to make them forget their enlarged power set.
    Yeah, you’re right, i don’t know what came over me there... @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I know he said that, I am saying it's an illusion by blizzard thinking you have a choice..
    No, as @Verdugo said, there is no illusion of choice. On the contrary, it is a blatant signal to player that you do not have even the illusion of choice.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirn View Post
    No, as @Verdugo said, there is no illusion of choice. On the contrary, it is a blatant signal to player that you do not have even the illusion of choice.
    Right.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Why didn't Baine confront Sylvanas sooner ? Could have stopped the WW3 and the genocides. Apparently the Horde just needed a leader to confront her in order to do a 180 turn. To bad Baine and Saurfang were p*ssies.
    Well she seems having more power and Baine didn't know she could go so far. They were p-ssies indeed, but as Jaina says, if those 2 die, the horde dies with them.

Meanwhile, we Alliance players haven't had a SINGLE choice in this expansion. Nada. We can't choose to abandon Tyrande and side with Anduin in 8.1, we can't choose to find out and expose Anduin on the fact that he freed a war criminal, we can't choose to... Actually, my bad, the Alliance is such a boring faction that we wouldn't be given many opportunities to choose anyway. That would require having an internal dichotomy that isn't possible with the God-King in charge.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-05-06 at 07:41 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!