Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will Xalatath be the next big bad like Sargeras?

“Six seats at the high table. Six mouths that hunger one to consume all others.”

I ultimately think she’ll be part of final boss of the expansion as Gul’dan was with WoD and this time we’ll lose azeroth after she uses whatever is left of Nzoths powerbase and the three artifacts plus the heart of azeroth and consume the titan to become a Void Titan. She is probably the shadow that Anduin referred to on the Exodar. I also think Sylvanas will save N’Zoth partially by using the dagger to save him.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Isn’t the Void being able to corrupt a Titan supposedly the end of the universe as we know it? Sargeras’ entire crusade was designed to counter a single Titan being changed.

Also wasn’t it said that Xalatath is possibly even weaker than N’Zoth, the weakest OG of the original 5?

Gul'dan wasn't the final boss of WoD at all. Archimonde was.

If the six seats and mounths will play any role in the future, they are likely turn to be 6 gods for each cosmic forces that wants to consume this universe or wants to win over the others by some petty belt. Xal'atath could play the role of the Gul'dan/Kil'jaeden for the void, after all we need someone to summon them or working actively in corrupting a world soul and N'zoth seems to be running out of time or it's gonna be killed by this horrible expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

No, the Void Lords are the new "big bad", Xal'athah is just a pawn of their will.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually ... the next big bad will be N' Zoth

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I don't know much about Xal'atath, but the situation with the void titans is this:

Being an enemy of the Void, Titans are born from planets. The original Titan Pantheon found several worlds infested by Old Gods, and found that they were basically parasites for the Void - Eventually, the Old Gods would take over the planet, and the Titans feared the power the Void would wield should they manage to corrupt and turn a Titan.

Thus, the Titan Pantheon went on their long search for any remaining world souls, upon which they found Azeroth. But it was too late. Azeroth was already infested by multiple Old Gods, thus began the Titan's battle against them. They managed to seal away the Old Gods (sans Y'sharrj, who they ripped out of the planet, causing irreperable harm thus prompting the need for the prisons.)

Sargeras, in a similar vein, came across the Void. Upon finding it, he could not fathom how the Titan's plan could account for the possibility of a Void Titan - Thus, he deemed the Titan's plan flawed and turned against them. His goal being to destroy the universe and start anew, as he could not see any possibility where a Void Titan could be avoided, and thus, starting over from scratch was the only way to ensure one never did.

As such, I don't believe a Void Titan has ever actually existed. Basically what has been thought of them is speculation from the Titan Pantheon of the power the Void could potentially wield from a Void Titan. (Although keep in mind, Aman'thul has power over time, so he may have known more than we do about what a Void Titan would be capable of.) The Light and Void have already been in a stalemate of sorts for a long time - A Void Titan may just be viewed as something that could throw the balance in the Void's favor.
    The Titans knew nothing of voidlords or Old Gods at first. They had 2 quests: search for their brethren inside planets and hunt down demons, which was Sargeras's part. He came across a world that had already fallen to the void (the sleeping Titan inside it) and from the dreadlords that lived on it and revered the void he learned about the void, what it wants and all that. The soul was, however, still sleeping and had not yet awakened as void-Titan, so he cleaved it in half, because he knew (or thought) it couldn't be saved. That was the point when he snapped and went from *hunt demons* to *wipe out everything, because creation itself is fundamentally flawed*.
    He went to tell the other Titans, but they wanted to try some different approaches first, not actually kill creation as the first solution to fight the void. Sargeras left them to form the Burning Crusade with the demons he had imprisoned before, the other Titans (who didn't know what Sargeras was going to do and just let him go) from then on tried giving world souls extra protection against the void, like setting up defensive structures, putting failsafes into place (re-origination) etc. and when Aggramar found Azeroth he thought that maybe that Titan would be strong enough to win against the void, once it awakens and they'd have to take extra care with it. Also he found that it was already infested and the Old Gods and their cities/kingdoms covered the whole surface, but the world-soul was still dreaming happy dreams and had not been affected. So he got the others to join him in cleaning up and 'ordering' the planet.
    Later the Pantheon met Sargeras and told him they had found a world that could win their war for them, but Sargeras killed them and carried on with his crusade, now knowing about Azeroth, but not where it was. At first he wanted to kill it too, but after the War of the Ancients he had a vision that made him change his mind and he wanted to possess Azeroth rather than killing it. And since Argus we know why and what his new plan was. ^^

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    the world-soul was still dreaming happy dreams
    This made me laugh out loud for some reason. Just visualising a little baby titan Azeroth dreaming happy dreams while there's mass chaos outside her.

Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post
    Actually ... the next big bad will be N' Zoth
    No with the big women movement and introductions of so many new female characters that the next big bad will be female
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    This made me laugh out loud for some reason. Just visualising a little baby titan Azeroth dreaming happy dreams while there's mass chaos outside her.
    *g* That's how I imagined it too. Glad I was able to convey this

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    No with the big women movement and introductions of so many new female characters that the next big bad will be female
    Don’t bring that crap into it.

N’Zoth is already being laid out as the big bad that’s about to rise. So don’t bring that PC/non-PC argumentative BS into what was a conversation about the game and not something about being a women’s rights movement piece.

I've been saying for years now that if we're going to have a full on Void expansion, they need characters with personality to antagonize us or it's just going to be a bunch of blob monsters and shadows foaming at the mouth and we'll be boring af. Either they resurrect a bunch of characters who've may have been touched by the void before dying or build up a new character just like Xal'atath. I think we're still going to get the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse(Arthas, Ner'zhul, Garrosh, Archimonde) but also get Xal'atath who could also bring forth the Void, but maybe even be vengeful for what was done to her(team up with Sylvy, Helya, Azshara) and finally have a void entity that acts independently.

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    Isn’t the Void being able to corrupt a Titan supposedly the end of the universe as we know it? Sargeras’ entire crusade was designed to counter a single Titan being changed.

Also wasn’t it said that Xalatath is possibly even weaker than N’Zoth, the weakest OG of the original 5?
    I believe it's thought that it will be the end because they don't know how powerful it would be. And given that according to some people out there based on stuff from chronicles and datamined broadcasts and whatnot, "she is not the last but the first" (or something like that) suggesting that Azeroth herself may likely be the most powerful of the titans. So if she were to be awakened, and awakened as a void titan, we're pretty well boned. Depending on which side of the light-void conflict you lay of course.

Sargeras was the "devil" and the arch enemy and arch threat in the Warcraft universe for decades. I don't think anything can be the next thing like him, because nothing has that decades long build up.

Also I don't think we got enough of Sargeras in the culmination of his story with Legion. Stabbing the planet and triggering events that will impact the lore forever is great, but he had not enough screen time. He should have been made to deliver more satisfaction before he was sent off. Look at Palpatine - he's got his super cool dialogue lines, got his cool scenes, gave us a good dose of arch-villainy and then was sent off. Obviously Sargeras is bigger than him because he is basically with God status and can't go around cackling evilly, but for decades build up he was sent off way too quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Sargeras was the "devil" and the arch enemy and arch threat in the Warcraft universe for decades. I don't think anything can be the next thing like him, because nothing has that decades long build up.

Also I don't think we got enough of Sargeras in the culmination of his story with Legion. Stabbing the planet and triggering events that will impact the lore forever is great, but he had not enough screen time. He should have been made to deliver more satisfaction before he was sent off. Look at Palpatine - he's got his super cool dialogue lines, got his cool scenes, gave us a good dose of arch-villainy and then was sent off. Obviously Sargeras is bigger than him because he is basically with God status and can't go around cackling evilly, but for decades build up he was sent off way too quickly.
    Unless the Legion gets rebuilt, Sargeras may end up in a Anti hero role and not full fledged villain(As in he might be annoyed at us for getting in his way but he may be perusaded to see we're worth saving, he'll stilll shatter a planet to destroy the void but he may not touch Azeroth).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

To answer the thread title: fuck no

To answer the rest of the lore questions and game direction questions: no matter what last minute dumpster fire Ion does to try and "save" BfA, The Void Lords are next up. Whatever fuckery Ion and Blizzard do between now and then is just saving face.

Legion kind of did that term dirty. Now when I hear "big bad like Sargeras", it makes me think we won't get to fight said villain and NPC's will imprison it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Legion kind of did that term dirty. Now when I hear "big bad like Sargeras", it makes me think we won't get to fight said villain and NPC's will imprison it instead.
    I love that kind of thing with certain villains, because let's face it, Sargeras in the best case scenario for a fight with him, he should be facing us as some kind of mental battle in our minds with some powerful mcgufins in our hands like some boss from Persona 5 which I don't want to mention futher because it's a bigger spoilers. However Xal fits better in a Gul'dan role that later can help us in case she see we are gonna win by the end of the conflict
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-05-02 at 02:26 AM.
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I love that kind of thing with certain villains, because let's face it, Sargeras as best case should face us as some mental battle in our minds with some powerful mcgufins in our hands like some boss from Persona 5 which I don't want to mention futher because it's a bigger spoilers. However Xal fits better in a Gul'dan role that later can help us in case she see we are gonna win by the end of the conflict
    Sargeras not being fought outside of something on the level of the Infinity Stones or a similar maguffin(>.>) was expected, I don't know how people expected us to fight him 1 on 1 us tiny mortals against the giant fiery fallen Titan himself. The term isn't dirtied, some villains are bigger then others(Quite literally in this case).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Sargeras not being fought outside of something on the level of the Infinity Stones or a similar maguffin(>.>) was expected, I don't know how people expected us to fight him 1 on 1 us tiny mortals against the giant fiery fallen Titan himself. The term isn't dirtied, some villains are bigger then others(Quite literally in this case).
    Yeah people often wants to fight guys like Galactus like we were facing Thanos(without gauntle) when size and even power levels will make the fight very unrealistic or even ridicule. However one way to fight him in a raid setting could be something like the GoW 2 plot with using the sword of the olympus to drain most of the power from Zeus to even the odds(this case sargeras).

Now a bit off topic but I would love some Titans vs Void Lords battle to look like the Jaegars vs Kaiju kind of fight, you think it's possible for blizzard?
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-05-25 at 10:45 PM.