Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Blackfuse's custom shredder had a cockpit that could open and close:

I doubt our player characters would have something like that woth excess moving parts and open chassis. The mechs wouldnt be as big as what mekkatorque or blackfuse would get. They would probably be DH demon form sized, more or less. Functional to maneuver in dungeons and raids.

Hunters are Rangers.
    Not the king I'm thinking of. A mixture of void, light and necromantic specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Druids are one half of the entire Night Elf culture, something we fully explored in WC3 as a major feature. Its a driving part of Warcrafts current identity.

The popularity of the unique Night Elf culture Blizzard has created extends to Demon Hunters, a Hero class that is incredibly limited in Roleplay capacity, but extremely popular.

Tinker was a popular April Fools addition, but ultimately B-tier. As much as I want Tinkers to be playable, I doubt they would be popular if only limited to gnomes and goblins. Reason? There are many people who would not roll one if that were the only option.

Think of it this way. We know some people HATE Pandaren and would never roll one. If Monk class was limited to Pandaren because thats what makes sense, then the Monk population would be hella smaller than it is today. I don't mean Pandaren are unpopular btw. I mean the Monk class would suffer from exclusivity, if you regard the current Pandaren Monk population as the overall number.

Gnome and Goblins arent very popular, they are close to Pandaren in population. Tinker class can't carry a race people hate. The race choices need to be accessible.

I have nothing personal vs gnomes and goblins mind you, but my entire guild would never roll a gnome or gobbo fyi. They would be Engineer/tech theme fans who question Blizzard why they limited the choices to those races. And I would agree with that because honestly, why not.
    Pandaren were an April Fools joke but did lightly feature before their addition. Monk was right there too and probably was B-Tier. I’m sure most people thought DH would come out before them. I do however, agree that Tinker should be a few more races than Gnome and Goblin. Not everything like monk but more than the 2. Undead and Dwarf for example would work. Undead feature on the island expedition team for horde and dwarves are generally pretty mechanical.

Why does everyone want the Tinker class? It doesn't fit with the game.

And it would use shredder just like Bear Form

Blizzard needs to work at balancing current specs in game, or at least the mechanics that causes such disparities before they make new classes with 2-3 specs that will lead to even more imbalance.
    Just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt our player characters would have something like that woth excess moving parts and open chassis. The mechs wouldnt be as big as what mekkatorque or blackfuse would get. They would probably be DH demon form sized, more or less. Functional to maneuver in dungeons and raids.
    As I said before, I envision the mech form to be about the size of a fully armored male Tauren or Draenei, which is a significant size increase from a Gnome or Goblin.

I also bet that we'll get forms with tons of moving parts and gizmos if Blizzard limits the class to two races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    Why does everyone want the Tinker class? It doesn't fit with the game.
    People want to fight inside a mech like Mekkatorque and Gallywix.

Not interested at all. Will quit WoW if they implement it.

As I said before, I envision the mech form to be about the size of a fully armored male Tauren or Draenei, which is a significant size increase from a Gnome or Goblin.

I also bet that we'll get forms with tons of moving parts and gizmos if Blizzard limits the class to two races.
    Hrm, I disagree.

Tauren and Draenei are small for a mech suit. I mean, you can even photoshop it and the mech will look way too small compared to a normal mech in game.

I think they need to make the mech slightly larger than tauren, and at that point any race can fit.

Also its probably better to go full customization through a base mech design that fits racial culture and have addons be standardized across all races. That way if you want an electric attack its the same looking tesla coils or if you want rockets its the same rocket launcher weapon.

You know, the way Mechagon is designing their customization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm, I disagree.

Tauren and Draenei are small for a mech suit. I mean, you can even photoshop it and the mech will look way too small compared to a normal mech in game.
    Actually Mekkatorque's mech in the Alliance Embassy was about the size of a Male Draenei.

I think they need to make the mech slightly larger than tauren, and at that point any race can fit.
    You would have to make the mech twice as large as a Tauren for that to happen.

You would have to make the mech twice as large as a Tauren for that to happen.
    Would make sense if its a cooldown ability or combat form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would make sense if its a cooldown ability or combat form.
    A Cooldown wouldn't work if its a tank spec.

Very astute! Which is why I said or Combat Form.

Why not? Works for the demon hunter. Imagine a mech that has a short-time duration because in the end it breaks down/explodes. Best of all: it stays "in theme" with how the gnome/goblin technology tends to sometimes explode and/or fail and/or break down on its own.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2019-05-11 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Why not? Works for the demon hunter. Imagine a mech that has a short-time duration because in the end it breaks down/explodes. Best of all: it stays "in theme" with how the gnome/goblin technology tends to sometimes explode and/or fail and/or break down on its own.
    Because Teriz is only interested in promoting his own thread and own ideas, not openly discussing others ideas. Anything that isnt VERY similar to his own thread is rejected.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also works for Demon Hunters because they were Tanky in both WC3 and HotS, and their Demon form was temporary in both incarnations.

Tinkers in both WC3 and HotS are frail fighters, and only become tanks in their mech forms which is permanent in both incarnations.

Also Mekkatorques mech doesn’t seem very prone to failure.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2019-05-11 at 07:05 AM.

I mean, it did fail though, are you sure you’ve played past the starting zones.

I think it could work pretty well. A tank Tinker with a shield and 1h sword/mace and the techbackpack with a “defense matrix” extra shield. They build up a resource”power” or something to summon their mech.

It also works for Demon Hunters because they were Tanky in both WC3 and HotS,
    Um... what? No, they're not. In WC3 he's more of a hit-and-run kind of hero. He has one of the highest defense stats, yes, but his health is the 3rd lowest among the melee heroes, and the hero doesn't do well at all against big groups of enemies. And in HotS? Really? "Tanky"? Did you even play any of those games?

and their Demon form was temporary in both incarnations.
    By that reasoning, the tank spec of the demon hunter should've been perma-demon, since the demon hunter is not "tanky" outside his "metamorphosis" form. And yet it's just a cooldown.

Tinkers in both WC3 and HotS are frail fighters, and only become tanks in their mech forms which is permanent in both incarnations.
    Weren't you the guy that changes are permissible "for gameplay reasons"?

Gazlowe's does. Also, "Mekkatorque" is not the player. On top of that, in WoW, technology as a whole has been shown a tendency to fail, explode, break down, or any combination of those three. So a cooldown that summons a mech temporarily falls in line with how tech is in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I mean, it did fail though, are you sure you’ve played past the starting zones.
    On Broken Shore? During the battle of Lorderan?

I dont recall it failing in either of those battles.

- - - Updated - - -

Um... what? No, they're not. In WC3 he's more of a hit-and-run kind of hero. He has one of the highest defense stats, yes, but his health is the 3rd lowest among the melee heroes, and the hero doesn't do well at all against big groups of enemies. And in HotS? Really? "Tanky"? Did you even play any of those games?
    In WC3 his Evasion skill made him extremely hard to kill, and that made him an excellent tank.

By that reasoning, the tank spec of the demon hunter should've been perma-demon, since the demon hunter is not "tanky" outside his "metamorphosis" form. And yet it's just a cooldown.
    See above. In WC3 the DH had high damage and could evade attacks, making it a devastating front line attacker.

Weren't you the guy that changes are permissible "for gameplay reasons"?
    Certainly, but there's no reason to avoid carrying over traits and concepts from the source material.

Gazlowe's does.
    Gazlowe isn't Mekkatorque or Blackfuse. Also players would more than likely prefer to tank inside a mech at all times instead of having it as a cooldown. That would remove the size issue for people playing Gnomes and Goblins (and is also more in line with how Tinkers operate).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    I think it could work pretty well. A tank Tinker with a shield and 1h sword/mace and the techbackpack with a “defense matrix” extra shield. They build up a resource”power” or something to summon their mech.
    Yeah, I dont think the idea of a diminutive tank with a little shield and mace is appealing to a lot of people.

Tanking inside a mech on the other hand....

Another Tinkerer thread, everybody drink!