Thread: Gear

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gear

Do you miss having enchants for basically every piece of gear? Only thing we can enchant is rings, gloves-with profession, weapons. Not even cloak anymore. Enchanting has less purpose, still has use but almost none and i used to have more to go to balance my stats. I don't know if you played the game when we had more than 1 or 2 sockets too, we have about 3 sockets that would a bonus after you socket the empty slots:

The nice legendaries:

I miss those things we could add to our gear and manage more out stats.

What was your favorite system for gear?
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-05-04 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not really. I prefer the current system. It’s better to be able to use gear as soon as I get it rather than having a 1k-2k gold barrier before I can properly use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Not really. I prefer the current system. It’s better to be able to use gear as soon as I get it rather than having a 1k-2k gold barrier before I can properly use it.
    But makes the professions be less useful and give you less work to your own gear which for me it's nice to invest than just being lucky and getting a titanforge. Gems used to be important i used to make a lot gold with gems, even in legion, in BfA they are so cheap it's not even that worth much, you're lucky if you get a rng gear with a socket in it. So basically you don't even get much gems selling. And balance your stats by yourself working on the gear. And not your stats on traits on azerite armor.

I thought the gem sockets were great, it gave JC a ton of value.

I also thought profession perks such as tailoring getting a special enchant proc on their leggings or inscription getting a better shoulder enchant, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I thought the gem sockets were great, it gave JC a ton of value.

I also thought profession perks such as tailoring getting a special enchant proc on their leggings or inscription getting a better shoulder enchant, etc.
    I used to sit there and prospecting what i farmed, JC was actually a fun and good profession. I miss this things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    But makes the professions be less useful and give you less work to your own gear which for me it's nice to invest than just being lucky and getting a titanforge. Gems used to be important i used to make a lot gold with gems, even in legion, in BfA they are so cheap it's not even that worth much, you're lucky if you get a rng gear with a socket in it. So basically you don't even get much gems selling. And balance your stats by yourself working on the gear. And not your stats on traits on azerite armor.
    They’re gold sinks. Never cared for them and I’ve never cared for professions either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh cmon, show me atleast one guy who used socket bonuses...
    It always been "socket BiS gem into slot X and stack your best stats". I always like that bonus stuff, but was really disappointed when it didnt work (they should have buffed bonus stuff imo). It was "ok, im agi class, i'll stack agi" or "Oh, I'm pala, all gems are goin for intellect".

Living in 2k19 (lulz) when you change your gear like... every day making enchanting really painful. But i'd agree that enchanting became less.. less lively? But just because we have vellums, and well, all professions for me are boring. I liked transmuting tho, random stuff is always fun
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

With the current system I probably prefer only having these few, since gear is worth nothing and changes too often. Always enchanting every single piece seems more of a chore.

In a world were gear would actually mean something I'd love have ways to hone each and every piece.

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Oh cmon, show me atleast one guy who used socket bonuses...
    It always been "socket BiS gem into slot X and stack your best stats". I always like that bonus stuff, but was really disappointed when it didnt work (they should have buffed bonus stuff imo). It was "ok, im agi class, i'll stack agi" or "Oh, I'm pala, all gems are goin for intellect".

Living in 2k19 (lulz) when you change your gear like... every day making enchanting really painful. But i'd agree that enchanting became less.. less lively? But just because we have vellums, and well, all professions for me are boring. I liked transmuting tho, random stuff is always fun
    I used to had tons of fun with what you think it's boring but ye. xD i used to be like a "chinese gold maker" almost, but forgetting about gold making and professions for the minute, i mean the system of having more to do with your gear than just, receiving it and not being able to change anything and just get right stats gear and not just getting too titanforges and warforges and be almost at same people's ilvl as a Mythic geared player without doing Mythic. I think MoP was a good expansion and for PvP Cata i miss the gear from vendor system. But i understand that some stuff about the expertise and all that had to go. I remember i even for having this daggers for my rogue in PvP I had to do all this questline, they were the best in PvP. But you can just get gear in PvE and go do Arenas with it now. And for PvE, well as i said, it's like really limited, you just need to go do raids and if you get lucky of getting gear + lucky with a socket + titanforge you're done for life and you get gear and barely think anymore "need to enchant my gear" because most of the things now don't need enchants and you appear in a raid missing one enchant and someone says: you didn't enchant your gear.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-05-04 at 08:25 PM.

It was cool when enchants were kinda rare and expensive, but later on it just turned into a chore to basically enchant almost every piece of gear.

The peak of WoW gearing was Cata and T14 in MoP. Then they started adding steps past the item just dropping(thunderforged, warforged, tertiaries, sockets, titanforging) and it went downhill quickly. We also had more gems and enchants for more of a RPG vibe. Trinkets were strong enough to actually play around their procs, set bonuses made small changes to how you played with each new tier but only augmented the classes/specs that we already had, rather than having to try to make up for deficiencies.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2019-05-04 at 08:28 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

99% of enchants just provided flat amount of main/secondary stats, why is that something to miss? It didn't affect your gameplay neither was it interesting in any way shape or form.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchPrime View Post
    99% of enchants just provided flat amount of main/secondary stats, why is that something to miss? It didn't affect your gameplay neither was it interesting in any way shape or form.
    It was interesting for me, it gave value to professions (some of them, at least) and as for boring enchants, they could always be turned into something a little more dynamic. Socket bonuses in JC were usually UP, but the solution was to buff those bonuses, not to remove them. How many more things will be removed because they are "boring", instead of improving them?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Not at all no. Hated getting multiple items in raid then constantly having to hearth to be able to use them.

It sucks because it hurts professions, but from my perspective how gear works now is absolutely better.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Of course I miss having colored gem slots, enchants on almost every slot, professions having their own "enchants" (like BS had extra socket for bracers) those little things made professions feel good.
    Those specific gem slots (IE red, yellow etc) made sure that gems would sell.

I hate the streamlining the game has gone through since MoP because of "insert a good reason from Ion here" and I'd love them to turn back the wheel of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It was interesting for me, it gave value to professions (some of them, at least) and as for boring enchants, they could always be turned into something a little more dynamic. Socket bonuses in JC were usually UP, but the solution was to buff those bonuses, not to remove them. How many more things will be removed because they are "boring", instead of improving them?
    Yep they could make it more dynamic, i miss that word that is the word i had on my head but wasn't coming out, finally once you said it i noticed that's what sometimes i'm trying to say. Dynamic and synergy between the professions and gear and millions times yes in agreement for "so boring, let's remove it", i wish they did the same with LFR and mission table, that for me alone is more boring than working with my own stats and professions to get somewhere and give me a sensation that i'm progressing through something.

- - - Updated - - -

When i did the herald of titans and had to buy all this stuff and remember again how all this worked it was interesting then i go to my main, that is not level 80 and i look at all how it is now and i say, no wonder why it feels we aren't progressing at anything, gear with azerite don't even have secondary stats, traits that fortify the stats are gated and most of my gear has no sockets and enchants. Now, that, is boring. For me, personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an enchanter, yes. As a player, not so much.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    It sucks because it hurts professions,
    I disagree.

In fact I believe the opposite of what you're saying.

JC gained huge value from selling epic gems and what not, you made a lot of money. You also gained access to 3 unique powerful gems exclusive to max lvl JC.

Inscription had value because glyphs were a major deal back in cata and MOP and a nice shoulder enchant. If you maxed out inscription, you got a better shoulder enchant.

Blacksmithing was meh since it only crafted gear like today, but it provided you with an extra socket on the belt.

Enchanting was pretty profitable since the beginning of time, even today it's one of the most profitable professions.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2019-05-04 at 09:38 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I miss (several) sockets on almost every piece.

Enchants too, yeah.

But Blizzard doesn't want player customization. Means more work for them. Lazy design it is.

Man, some of you guys must love having less depth in an MMORPG.
    Just your average Warlock player || Old logs because BFA blows