Thread: Home Invasions

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They leaving out willingly or unwillingly...alive or dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I'm screwed.

My best bet is probably to flee out to the balcony and jump down (1st storey) into the bushes, then call the police.

Unfortunately the doors in my appartement are pathetic (by European standards) and the appartement door isn't the best too. ^^"

Apart from that I only have kitchen knifes and utensils for defense, but I'm a weak woman, so there is that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Then I'm screwed.

My best bet is probably to flee out to the balcony and jump down (1st storey) into the bushes, then call the police.

Unfortunately the doors in my appartement are pathetic (by European standards) and the appartement door isn't the best too. ^^"

Apart from that I only have kitchen knifes and utensils for defense, but I'm a weak woman, so there is that.
    Believe me you ain't as weak as you think, if you find that you can't escape then I need you to understand that you got to fight back....don't let them take you with out a fight. Go for soft spots like eyes, the nose, the throat (run your nails across those and the grab anything and slam it over the head), the nuts. Basically just fight back.

It literally doesn't matter what anyone thinks they'd do.

You have no idea how you're going to react when you have to deal with something unexpected and traumatic unless you're exposed to that sort of thing often enough that you're able to establish some sort of procedure.

Almost everyone predicts that they'd leap into action, be a big hero and come out on top. It's less pleasant to imagine a scenario where you freeze up a bit and hesitate before getting your head stoved in. Even if you did act with purpose there's no guarantee that it would go your way; things go wrong even for incredibly competent people.

Honestly I think that anyone well-equipped to deal with fighting off a home invasion probably has a lot less bravado about the outcome, and the rest is just dudes with a couple of sai hanging on their walls spouting some Dunning-Kruger horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Believe me you ain't as weak as you think, if you find that you can't escape then I need you to understand that you got to fight back....don't let them take you with out a fight. Go for soft spots like eyes, the nose, the throat (run your nails across those and the grab anything and slam it over the head), the nuts. Basically just fight back.
    meanwhile they sit there afk

Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance View Post
    If someone were to walk in your front door and refuse to leave, and start roughing up your family, would you be prepared?

Or, what if you invited someone over, and things turned ugly, and they refused to leave, what would you do?

Or what if you didn't invite someone over, and they were just creepy and were stalking you, and they snuck into your house, and refused to leave you alone? What would you do? Would you be prepared?

As someone who has always advocated against guns and always tried to look for solutions around using violence, I've constantly wondered exactly how I could deal with a situation like you can see in some horror movies or in the news when I'm not sure if I'd want to use such force. I know the automatic solution is just to call the police, but exactly how do you do that if you're pinned down or things go down pretty fast?
    I have a shotgun named Carl for just this situation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    meanwhile they sit there afk
    ......what?

......what?
    if defending yourself was as simple as, go for the eyes, why dont the people attacking just, go for the eyes

If someone were to walk in your front door and refuse to leave, and start roughing up your family, would you be prepared?

Or, what if you invited someone over, and things turned ugly, and they refused to leave, what would you do?

Or what if you didn't invite someone over, and they were just creepy and were stalking you, and they snuck into your house, and refused to leave you alone? What would you do? Would you be prepared?

As someone who has always advocated against guns and always tried to look for solutions around using violence, I've constantly wondered exactly how I could deal with a situation like you can see in some horror movies or in the news when I'm not sure if I'd want to use such force. I know the automatic solution is just to call the police, but exactly how do you do that if you're pinned down or things go down pretty fast?
    Call the police. Call some neighbours.

If they have you pinned...there's not much you can do regardless.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    This is a blatantly stupid post. The sun exploding is like a one in a trillion chance. Homes get invaded every fucking day. This isn't an unlikely hypothetical scenario, it's a every day reality. Yes, even in supposed utopias like Norway or Sweden. This shit really does happen, so don't be fucking snide with this bullshit hypothetical scenario crap.

I don't have a gun (yet), but I have a tire beater (basically a billy club) and quite a few knives. Plus, I'm a pretty big guy. If anyone tries to invade my home, they're in for at minimum a few broken bones, a cracked skull and severe blood loss.
    No interstellar ship no life after the explosion. Sorry. You need to be prepared. Without violence.

10+ Year Old Account

That's not how home invasions go down.

Edit: judging by your sig you've done anything but advocate against guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Of course.

All we'd have to do is get everyone to go over to one side of the Earth so it tilts over (being flat and all), letting the underside (which must contain something awesome since the entire world's governments, scientists, and explorers all conspire to keep The Truth from us) absorb all of the tiny sun's explosive energy. Then we can just survive on the light generated by our moon which is clearly just as big as the Sun. Boom, prepared.

#MAGA!
    Don't forget a big gun collection. I have been thinking. If we lined up enough guns and fired enough rounds we could halt the shock wave. It would be a tremendous effort. All governments. All nations. All people.

10+ Year Old Account
    if defending yourself was as simple as, go for the eyes, why dont the people attacking just, go for the eyes
    I'm telling her to do anything to defend herself. From experience people do leave themselves open to a lot of shit when they attack you. Especially when people attack women they seem to get relaxed because they see women as soft and that they will curl up or won't put up a fight. I'm not telling her to win the fight, I'm telling her how she can do enough to get the fuck away.

I'm telling her to do anything to defend herself. From experience people do leave themselves open to a lot of shit when they attack you. Especially when people attack women they seem to get relaxed because they see women as soft and that they will curl up or won't put up a fight. I'm not telling her to win the fight, I'm telling her how she can do enough to get the fuck away.
    helping someone do something incredibly difficult that the large majority of people cannot do by telling them not to get training and practice, but instead go for the eyes.

nice

10+ Year Old Account
    helping someone do something incredibly difficult that the large majority of people cannot do by telling them not to get training and practice, but instead go for the eyes.

nice
    Out of all the stuff I mention you hung on going for the eyes. Again I say do anything to defend yourself long enough to get away. I'm not telling her to not go seek proper training, but if she ain't got time for all that, should she just stand there and scream and let the intruder(s) have their way? Should she not defend herself in any kind of way?

Out of all the stuff I mention you hung on going for the eyes. Again I say do anything to defend yourself long enough to get away. I'm not telling her to not go seek proper training, but if she ain't got time for all that, should she just stand there and scream and let the intruder(s) have their way? Should she not defend herself in any kind of way?
    defending yourself incorrectly, which youre trying to get her to do, is worse than not defending yourself at all

10+ Year Old Account
    defending yourself incorrectly, which youre trying to get her to do, is worse than not defending yourself at all
    Ok, then my bad Cerilis, go get training at some point but until then just curl up into a ball and scream and hope that whoever invading your home will have mercy or decency enough to leave to alive or unharmed or that you can run away.

If someone comes into my home uninvited and started harrassing my family they are either getting shot or getting the holy hell beaten out of them.

I have a doorbell camera system, lol.

Go ahead, invade my home. Take whatever you want. You're on camera. Enjoy prison.