Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

free speech utopia poland arrests woman for "offensive painting"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...O4tiEGwaLKroSg

the great revival of free speech, coming to a government near YOU!!

examples of the great free speech promotion republicans will do here in the US!
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-05-07 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Infracted for trolling

This is why you shouldn't let laws even deal with offense to religious things.

I can bet you anything that this person will not be charged
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If it offended an ethnic minority you would probably be fine with it though right.
    Ah boomzy defending authoritarian regimes to "own" the politically correct libs who dont have an entire government and jail political opponents. you are a true intellectual, jordan peterson fan i assume?

7+ Year Old Account
    Thank goodness I live in the land of the free & home of the brave.

is this where we compare and contrast the openness of the left wing to offend christianity and coddle islam?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    is this where we compare and contrast the openness of the left wing to offend christianity and coddle islam?
    yeah remember when obama met with a major terrorist organization leader and he had a US based journalist hacked to death alive in agonozing pain and did an op ed on how much he supports their regime because of oil...

oh wait that was trump
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...source=twitter

enjoy your cheap gas! Just dont whine and say the left is why islamic extremism exists when this is your leader.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...O4tiEGwaLKroSg

the great revival of free speech, coming to a government near YOU!!

examples of the great free speech promotion republicans will do here in the US!
    So when should free speech be promoted and when it should be hammered? If this was an offence on another religion cnn would be all over this.

I for one think that all religions and cultures should be treated the same way, with respect.

Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    So when should free speech be promoted and when it should be hammered? If this was an offence on another religion cnn would be all over this.

I for one think that all religions and cultures should be treated the same way, with respect.
    lets see, cnn covering someone saying something offensive.
    vs the polish police arresting someone, and throwing them in jail.

100% equivalence

yeah remember when obama met with a major terrorist organization leader and he had a US based journalist hacked to death alive in agonozing pain and did an op ed on how much he supports their regime because of oil...

oh wait that was trump
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...source=twitter

enjoy your cheap gas! Just dont whine and say the left is why islamic extremism exists when this is your leader.
    wait trump kill a person and you got proof, send it in dog, get him out of office.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Yeah Conservatives Christians are total libs.

Ah boomzy defending authoritarian regimes to "own" the politically correct libs who dont have an entire government and jail political opponents. you are a true intellectual, jordan peterson fan i assume?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can hear the French being triggered from the other side of the Alps

Are you just now learning that the far right is a bunch of easily offended snowflakes?

Why respect a stupid idea? I think that all religions and cultures should be scrutinized with no special protections.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Are you just now learning that the far right is a bunch of easily offended snowflakes?
    Atleast they didnt go murder a entire office because someone offended their little feelings.

Still shitty though, could not care less what people draw.
    Do you hear the voices too?

7+ Year Old Account
    Not surprising, religion is all about trying to protect itself from criticism instead of debating.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    Thank goodness I live in the land of the free & home of the brave.
    Switzerland or any country that actually defended itself once on an actual armed invasion ?

And less sarcastically, no one is surprised. Everyone know that ''FREE SPEECH'' means for the usual suspect the permission to scream slurs, but, by Jove, not any criticism toward them.

ERGO, the mental anguish and torment that the usual suspects have when anyone mention THE ''super duper hyper hate speech'' known as ''you know, X movie/comic/game is not solely aimed at hardcore fans'', who find a-okay to send death threats and rape threats if they feel offended.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-05-06 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Why? Religion is part of discrimination laws and hate speech laws. If it was not, people would be able to just flat out say "Yeah, I don't want you here you're a buddhist/christian/muslim/jew/hindu, fuck off" or provoke religious people with no repercussions, do you think that would foster a peaceful society?
    Religion is a choice, that's why it doesn't make sense for discrimination laws.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Why? Religion is part of discrimination laws and hate speech laws. If it was not, people would be able to just flat out say "Yeah, I don't want you here you're a buddhist/christian/muslim/jew/hindu, fuck off" do you think that would foster a peaceful society?
    Because absolutely nothing should be above criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I mean..................
    Aww you made it bold for me
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-05-06 at 10:33 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?