Poll: How much time played do you think you will need to lvl 1-60?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Poll: Timeplayed you will spend to lvl 1-60

How much time played do you think you will need to lvl 1-60?

The record of speedlvling 1-60 is 4d 20h (116h played) with the best class, the best routes, the best lvling items, dungeon rushes, summons, portals, etc.

The average time to lvl 1-60 is 10d 6h (246h played) taken from the stats of a private server with 140.000 lvl 60 characters.
    WoW Player 2005-2014 2016-2021
    TBC > Vanilla > WotLK=Cata=Legion > MoP > Shadowlands > BfA > WoD

a year or two, if I play when I have some other retail downtime, and don't want to play a different game.
    Mother pus bucket!

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I will likely spend a long time leveling. Vanilla wasn't about getting to the end-game content as rapidly as possible...it was about enjoying the journey.

Those who are looking to race to max level as quickly as possible are really missing the best part of the game.

I want to say less than 200h, but since I won't play it to rush, I'll most likely get sucked into STV PVP for hours and hours and hours.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

World fastest 1-60 on pserver is under 3 days.

It took me about 8 weeks back in the days with school and dota etc. Leveling was not a fun or a good time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in 2005 people used to level slowly because they tried to enjoy their journey to max level.
    Nowadays everyone already played on every zone, so almost nothing will be new.

I'll try to level as fast as possible, but I'll take 2-3 months, since I'll get bored really quick and I doubt I'll have enough time to raid in Vanilla (nowadays I can't even raid on Live) due to work schedule...
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Plan to do it in about 6-7 days played.

400+ cause its doubtful i'll play at all less i'm super bored
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Well, I'll just enjoy the trip, reading the quests and going through the various quest areas. My main goal is going to be to rely mostly on questing to reach level 60 to disprove the myth that you had to do grinding for leveling purposes...

The only type of farming I may do would be related to materials for professions (I remember having done something like this back then with my druid in the Badlands for leatherworking (black dragon scales) - I think I did 1 1/2 levels in the eastern Badlands with that).

planning to go for it in the first week and also get an MC clear with the guild... unlikely this pans out because i don't think we'll get enough people there in time, but for sure a few of us will be 60 before the first reset.

Myself & a friend plan to dual level, we've both budgeted 2 weeks annual leave to no-life like never before so looking at 14 x 12-14 hours depending on levels of focus & tiredness each day so that gives us ~170-200 hours over those two weeks.

We at least expect to be in the 50's by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Back in 2005 people used to level slowly because they tried to enjoy their journey to max level.
    Nowadays everyone already played on every zone, so almost nothing will be new.
    I don't know if I'm alone in this, but back when I played Vanilla, I was always alliance. Thinking of doing horde this time, because a pretty good chunk of the leveling experience will be new (to me at least). I can't remember, once you level past the starter zones, into contested territory, are the quests pretty much the same on both sides, just they come from different quest givers?

I'll be leveling a druid, and they're pretty high-tier at leveling, so probably around 8 or 9 days /played, given that I'm going to dick around with dungeons and professions too.

Plan on leveling a warrior, I usually take a grind heavy approach. Probably take me ball park 6 or 7 weeks irl time.

PvE: 7-8 days played time
    PvP: 8-10 days played time

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how busy I am. I'll definitely hit 60 in the first month, hopefully the first two weeks if time permits.

If the average really is 10d, and my first time took 30d, this time around will probably take me 20 or less I would guess. That's without trying too hard to be optimal and pvp'ing often in bg's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I don't know if I'm alone in this, but back when I played Vanilla, I was always alliance. Thinking of doing horde this time, because a pretty good chunk of the leveling experience will be new (to me at least). I can't remember, once you level past the starter zones, into contested territory, are the quests pretty much the same on both sides, just they come from different quest givers?
    Think they're quite the same. Just the Quest Names and Quest Givers change from one faction to another. But not sure thou. Always played Alliance back in Vanilla. I just know the quests from Horde from Wrath forward.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

I will determine this empirically.

I got a 5 day 20 hour on my Shaman on Nost before it shut down / after it reopened.
    Hoping my first toon will be around the 6 day mark. After that, I'll probably consider dual boxing for leveling now that its actually supported instead of bannable like on Private.

Dunno though, REALLY depends on what is going on with BFA when Classic is under way.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

People who have never played vanilla and are able to reach 60 in under 14 days played will be doing it extremely fast.