View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
403. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dailies

    135 33.50%
  • World Quests

    268 66.50%
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    While they are pretty much the same thing, I do like wq's more ad you don't have to pick them up and turn them in.

    What story did dailies have and wq's don't? Most wq's are reapeating a quest you've done as part of the zone's story, same as dailies were

    I'd remove the stupid ap farm from them and add a wq's only currency that can be used to buy some stuff: mats, flasks, pets, mounts, that sort of thing, similar to the incursions currency. And remove the paragon chrsts
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    While they are pretty much the same thing, I do like wq's more ad you don't have to pick them up and turn them in.

    What story did dailies have and wq's don't? Most wq's are reapeating a quest you've done as part of the zone's story, same as dailies were

    I'd remove the stupid ap farm from them and add a wq's only currency that can be used to buy some stuff: mats, flasks, pets, mounts, that sort of thing, similar to the incursions currency.
    Problem is that a WQ is basically an "Event" rather than Daily you pick and do.

    But WQ as "Event" are pretty much meh compared to other MMO WQ like FF14 Fate or GW "dunno how they are called "

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    filling the bar is no different to kill x elementals
    where fill the bar differs is it allows you to also loot instead of just killing 20 mobs.

    facts go over your head, though.
    Not even close:

    Polishing the Helm
    You are to enter Hibernal Cavern west of Dun Niffelem and collect 5 units of Viscous Oil from the Viscous Oils there.
    You are then to return to Dun Niffelem and apply the oil to Hodir's Helm.

    Blowing Hodir's Horn
    Blow Hodir's Horn over 5 Niffelem Forefathers and 5 Restless Frostborn corpses at Thunderfall.
    Niffelem Forefather freed (5) Restless Frostborn freed (5)

    Feeding Arngrim
    You are to feed Arngrim 5 Disembodied Jormungar, then return to Arngrim's frozen image in Dun Niffelem.
    You must go to the Valley of Ancient Winters and use Arngrim's Tooth on the Roaming Jormungar there. Once they have become disembodied, you must fight them until they are weakened. Arngrim's spirit fed (5) Provided item: Arngrim's Tooth

    Hot and Cold
    You are to go to Frostfield Lake, kill the Brittle Revenants there and use the Essence of Ice on the Smoldering Scraps at Fjorn's Anvil. You are then to collect 6 of the Frozen Iron scraps and return to Fjorn's Anvil in Dun Niffelem. Frozen Iron Scrap (6)

    But if you never played WotLK... you wouldn't know about these and many, many other dailies out there.

    I guess I have to ignore your second account as well.

  4. #224
    Also WQ rewards is already worthless

    Gold nobody cares after 2 exp of ez gold
    Resources ROFL
    AP ok?
    Gear for ALTs unless you are wishing for TF
    Rep useless due to Rep begin useless since WoD

    Sure Dailies had too some kind of similar rewards but

    1 Gold were more valuable back the
    2 Rep meant something, Shoulders Enchant Example
    3 Some daily gave Currency ( I don't see WQ giving Residuum)

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    But if you never played WotLK... you wouldn't know about these and many, many other dailies out there.
    Yep, those were shit dailies. I hated them in WoTLK. However WQs aren't different. There are plenty of lame world quests out there.

    There are new types of quests, but it doesn't mean that WQs are better. Most are renamed "kill X stuff" or "collect X stuff" with shinier UI, very few are different. Its evolution of quest types. It has nothing to do with dailies / world quests difference. If BfA had dailies, those shiny new types of quests would still be there.
    Bow to your Gnomish Overlords! Attempting to take over Azeroth since 2005.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Not even close:

    Polishing the Helm
    You are to enter Hibernal Cavern west of Dun Niffelem and collect 5 units of Viscous Oil from the Viscous Oils there.
    You are then to return to Dun Niffelem and apply the oil to Hodir's Helm.

    Blowing Hodir's Horn
    Blow Hodir's Horn over 5 Niffelem Forefathers and 5 Restless Frostborn corpses at Thunderfall.
    Niffelem Forefather freed (5) Restless Frostborn freed (5)

    Feeding Arngrim
    You are to feed Arngrim 5 Disembodied Jormungar, then return to Arngrim's frozen image in Dun Niffelem.
    You must go to the Valley of Ancient Winters and use Arngrim's Tooth on the Roaming Jormungar there. Once they have become disembodied, you must fight them until they are weakened. Arngrim's spirit fed (5) Provided item: Arngrim's Tooth

    Hot and Cold
    You are to go to Frostfield Lake, kill the Brittle Revenants there and use the Essence of Ice on the Smoldering Scraps at Fjorn's Anvil. You are then to collect 6 of the Frozen Iron scraps and return to Fjorn's Anvil in Dun Niffelem. Frozen Iron Scrap (6)

    But if you never played WotLK... you wouldn't know about these and many, many other dailies out there.

    I guess I have to ignore your second account as well.
    I'm not the person you were talking to earlier #1, #2, you're delusional if you think those can't be "fill the bar" quests

    Also, my account is made from vanilla, I've played in every expansion, you're a jackass.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Yep, those were shit dailies. I hated them in WoTLK. However WQs aren't different. There are plenty of lame world quests out there.

    There are new types of quests, but it doesn't mean that WQs are better. Most are renamed "kill X stuff" or "collect X stuff" with shinier UI, very few are different. Its evolution of quest types. It has nothing to do with dailies / world quests difference. If BfA had dailies, those shiny new types of quests would still be there.
    Exactly. There's no difference between wq and dailies, except dailies you have to go to/return to a hub. but the idiot "HURR DURR PREVIOUS EXPANSIONS WERE BETTER DESPITE COLD HARD FACTS" crowd will just cry all fucking day

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    You can loot too if you kill 20 mobs are you drunk?
    loot objectives on the ground in lieu of just fighting mobs. are you dumb?

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    loot objectives on the ground in lieu of just fighting mobs. are you dumb?
    There were also Dailis where you have to "collect" instead of kill, or both [collect and kill loot] so maybe think twice before begin toxic.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Not even close:

    Polishing the Helm
    You are to enter Hibernal Cavern west of Dun Niffelem and collect 5 units of Viscous Oil from the Viscous Oils there.
    You are then to return to Dun Niffelem and apply the oil to Hodir's Helm.

    Blowing Hodir's Horn
    Blow Hodir's Horn over 5 Niffelem Forefathers and 5 Restless Frostborn corpses at Thunderfall.
    Niffelem Forefather freed (5) Restless Frostborn freed (5)

    Feeding Arngrim
    You are to feed Arngrim 5 Disembodied Jormungar, then return to Arngrim's frozen image in Dun Niffelem.
    You must go to the Valley of Ancient Winters and use Arngrim's Tooth on the Roaming Jormungar there. Once they have become disembodied, you must fight them until they are weakened. Arngrim's spirit fed (5) Provided item: Arngrim's Tooth

    Hot and Cold
    You are to go to Frostfield Lake, kill the Brittle Revenants there and use the Essence of Ice on the Smoldering Scraps at Fjorn's Anvil. You are then to collect 6 of the Frozen Iron scraps and return to Fjorn's Anvil in Dun Niffelem. Frozen Iron Scrap (6)

    But if you never played WotLK... you wouldn't know about these and many, many other dailies out there.

    I guess I have to ignore your second account as well.
    You had to take the Sons of Hodir quests as an example. I never felt so dirty doing quest in a video game. You forgot we had to Thrusting Hodir's Spear too.
    Solus in hostes ruit et patriam servavit.

    "Sims again? I thought we learned last time." - Ornyx

  9. #229
    I don't think any of those systems are interesting to be totally fair. But i really have no idea of how we could fix this system, there has to be some daily content for people only playing 1 character, but I find it hard to believe it's fun game play for those people.

    Dailies has a story to tell, world quests are just leveling quests thrown random at you. In my opinion it would be much better to have a weekly system where one zone is focused, and ALL over the place, not just in the current expansion... I mean, what's the point of having all those zones if they are not kept relevant.

    Also they need more diversity and dynamic events.. faction assaults are a timer, nothing "excites" you from world content like a green dragon spawning out of nowhere and trying to get a group for it.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Also WQ rewards is already worthless

    Gold nobody cares after 2 exp of ez gold
    Resources ROFL
    AP ok?
    Gear for ALTs unless you are wishing for TF
    Rep useless due to Rep begin useless since WoD

    Sure Dailies had too some kind of similar rewards but

    1 Gold were more valuable back the
    2 Rep meant something, Shoulders Enchant Example
    3 Some daily gave Currency ( I don't see WQ giving Residuum)
    Salvage/shard the az armor you get at 370 from wq and you get resid....or do you only mention the aspects that support your deliberate distortion of the facts at hand?

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    There were also Dailis where you have to "collect" instead of kill, or both [collect and kill loot] so maybe think twice before begin toxic.
    You're just proving my point even more because a "collect" is still inferior to a "fill the bar" because filling the bar is a mix of killing and collecting. Idiot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    Salvage/shard the az armor you get at 370 from wq and you get resid....or do you only mention the aspects that support your deliberate distortion of the facts at hand?
    Welcome to mmo-champ forums

  12. #232
    They're the same goddamned thing with different spawn timers and varying amounts of rep paid.

    WQs are just daily quests with quest "hubs" that appear once a day rather than every day and let you go back if you miss a couple of days.

    They're both just quests, that your repeat out in the world, for faction and/or currency and are fundamentally the same fucking thing.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    Salvage/shard the az armor you get at 370 from wq and you get resid....or do you only mention the aspects that support your deliberate distortion of the facts at hand?
    The only one distorting is you assuming that everybody will shard their 400 instead of trying to luck out the right azerite traits, meanwhile it is still 1 WQ that gives currency and isnt always up so please, inhale oxygen and try again.
    Because you are trying to put on the same shelf, azerite gear and currency gear.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    You're just proving my point even more because a "collect" is still inferior to a "fill the bar" because filling the bar is a mix of killing and collecting. Idiot.
    And that is a total different thing because you are arguing on HOW complete it, while you clearly didnt remember that you could kill or collect obj even during dailies.

    Insult is worthless unless you are trying to get banned, in which case I can only say GL

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    They're the same goddamned thing with different spawn timers and varying amounts of rep paid.

    WQs are just daily quests with quest "hubs" that appear once a day rather than every day and let you go back if you miss a couple of days.

    They're both just quests, that your repeat out in the world, for faction and/or currency and are fundamentally the same fucking thing.
    You have to explain that to the naive people that thinks that WQ and QUEST are one the opposite of the other.


    The main difference between WQ and DQ is the system(s) around them.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    this is so funny to read

    -----

    @OP i would say BOTH but WQ like FF14 FATE that are WAY BETTER, i tried 1 week of FF14 and FATE or hunter log are something wow needs so much.
    FATEs are no different from WQs and dailies, after doing them for several months you get tired of them. The level syncing option is something that might work well in WOW.

  15. #235
    Dailies. World quests are just random and have 0 story behind them. Also, it is satisfying to pick up 10 dailies and hand them all in at once.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Not even close:

    Polishing the Helm
    You are to enter Hibernal Cavern west of Dun Niffelem and collect 5 units of Viscous Oil from the Viscous Oils there.
    You are then to return to Dun Niffelem and apply the oil to Hodir's Helm.

    Blowing Hodir's Horn
    Blow Hodir's Horn over 5 Niffelem Forefathers and 5 Restless Frostborn corpses at Thunderfall.
    Niffelem Forefather freed (5) Restless Frostborn freed (5)

    Feeding Arngrim
    You are to feed Arngrim 5 Disembodied Jormungar, then return to Arngrim's frozen image in Dun Niffelem.
    You must go to the Valley of Ancient Winters and use Arngrim's Tooth on the Roaming Jormungar there. Once they have become disembodied, you must fight them until they are weakened. Arngrim's spirit fed (5) Provided item: Arngrim's Tooth

    Hot and Cold
    You are to go to Frostfield Lake, kill the Brittle Revenants there and use the Essence of Ice on the Smoldering Scraps at Fjorn's Anvil. You are then to collect 6 of the Frozen Iron scraps and return to Fjorn's Anvil in Dun Niffelem. Frozen Iron Scrap (6)

    But if you never played WotLK... you wouldn't know about these and many, many other dailies out there.

    I guess I have to ignore your second account as well.
    Well, not 20 but 26 mobs to kill lol

  17. #237
    1000000% dailies

  18. #238
    I personally don't see any difference between wq and dq in terms of what you do. It's always a variation of kill x things and/or collect/interact with x things. Progress bar is an illusion of old collect or kill 10 bear asses. The only tangible difference is how you start the quests which imo wq have the edge. Being forced to go to a hub to start/finish daily quests got annoying at times.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    FATEs are no different from WQs and dailies, after doing them for several months you get tired of them. The level syncing option is something that might work well in WOW.
    What is level synching option?


    Regarding FATEs i like the ""rng" of the event, you are doing your quest there and *puff* a FATE start right there where you are rather than opening the map and ofc the fact that is quite interesting for levelling.

  20. #240
    Elemental Lord rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Never played Wrath huh?
    Clearly you didn't either. Because Sons of Hodir were go there kill X, go there collect Y. They are no different then the current world quests we have. There were rep reasons to do the reps at the start of the expansion as well. Many did them for the quick boost of gear. Or for profession items. So doing rep for rewarding rewards isn't gone either.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •