Poll: Which do you prefer?

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    WQs with flying

Why not both.
    Dailies for endgame zones ( eg. Suramar, ...) and world quests for leveling zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Dailies please. Current WQ system sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Loeve View Post
    World quests dont make any sense, no story or knowing whats going on behind them.
    75% of the dailies had no rhyme or reason. Tell me please the story or why I’m rolling on the Great Wall or racing dragons or playing simon.

I’m fine with WQs but I was ok with Dailies too. Honestly I’d be fine if they had both. Daily hubs where wqs show on the map but are meant more for you to run into while doing dailies as a bonus.

Example: Youre out doing dailies for Talanji’s expedition.
    1. Kill 100 blood trolls with the hand thing.
    2. Burn huts
    3. Sabotage a sacrifice
    4. Etc...
    While moving through the zone you get to a wq, the box pops up and it’s Krag’wa. An initiate got webbed while getting flies, save initiate and collect 12 flies. Reward: TE rep. 100g
    In another area Magni tells you there’s an Azerite wound that needs healing. Reward: TE rep. Azeroth rep. Large azerite bonus.
    Then the Naga are attacking a Tortollan village. Repel then. Reward: TE rep. Spec appropriate gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Sounds like you're complaining about rewards and not the system that delivers them. Missing the point of the discussion entirely.
    I don't believe so. For me dailies or world quests are done for rewards. The post I respnded to said WotLk COULD have been a better expansion if WQ were there... but I disagree... doing your dailies then moving on to other activities allowed you to "check things off a list"... in other words have a feeling of accomplishment. When you did them for a specific amount of days/weeks... you gained another tier of rewards via the reputation vendor. These items OFTEN were needed to prepare you for raids, etc.

But that's just it isn't it? Endame starts at "ding" max level anymore. There really is no prep work required. And you are never finished with WQ's they just go on and on and on forever until the expansion is over. There is no feeling of completion or accomplishment.

The argument about sending you out in the world? That's what having to go to dungeon instances was about was it not? That's what having useful, viable professions was all about. That was what having rare recipes drop off only certain mobs was about. Even in Cata you had certain mobs that dropped pets.

You know farming. To get recipes, to get pets, to get gold, to get materials for crafting. All of whiuch you went out and did until you felt you reached some personal goal for the day.

Reaching goals is what an MMORPG is about. What goals do you set for modern WoW? OK I wanna do 25 WQ's? I wanna do my 12 WQ's to get my emmissary chests then quit? Run Mythic until you get your keystone up'd? I wanna do 10 island expeditions for 2,345,234 AP?

I mean for those that just want to "do endgame"... WQ's are probably the bomb.. they get out in the open world and get to se people from strange, unique servers that they cannot trade with.

For me?

25 Dailies? Check!
    Mine ore for an hour? Check!
    Run some heroics dungeons for badges? Check!

Farm one dungeon in particular for that item I really need to drop? CHECK!
    Craft my consumables on an alt for raid tomorrow night? Check!
    Farm 4 stacks of cloth for my tailor? Check!

etc, ect, etc...

Checking things off a list is very rewarding.. I don't have to get a couple dozen epics that roll crap stats.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Reaching goals is what an MMORPG is about.
    You can reach goals with world quests. Instead of a hard limit of 25 dailies you can set how many WQ's you want your goal to be. All of them. Just 4. You can pick and choose what one's you want to do for the rewards.

It is always interesting to see that people want forced goals rather then the freedom to set goals themselves. It happens all the time with different aspects. That people don't like doing something when they have the choice but want to be forced to do it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I don't believe so. For me dailies or world quests are done for rewards. The post I respnded to said WotLk COULD have been a better expansion if WQ were there... but I disagree... doing your dailies then moving on to other activities allowed you to "check things off a list"... in other words have a feeling of accomplishment. When you did them for a specific amount of days/weeks... you gained another tier of rewards via the reputation vendor. These items OFTEN were needed to prepare you for raids, etc.

But that's just it isn't it? Endame starts at "ding" max level anymore. There really is no prep work required. And you are never finished with WQ's they just go on and on and on forever until the expansion is over. There is no feeling of completion or accomplishment.

The argument about sending you out in the world? That's what having to go to dungeon instances was about was it not? That's what having useful, viable professions was all about. That was what having rare recipes drop off only certain mobs was about. Even in Cata you had certain mobs that dropped pets.

You know farming. To get recipes, to get pets, to get gold, to get materials for crafting. All of whiuch you went out and did until you felt you reached some personal goal for the day.

Reaching goals is what an MMORPG is about. What goals do you set for modern WoW? OK I wanna do 25 WQ's? I wanna do my 12 WQ's to get my emmissary chests then quit? Run Mythic until you get your keystone up'd? I wanna do 10 island expeditions for 2,345,234 AP?

I mean for those that just want to "do endgame"... WQ's are probably the bomb.. they get out in the open world and get to se people from strange, unique servers that they cannot trade with.

For me?

25 Dailies? Check!
    Mine ore for an hour? Check!
    Run some heroics dungeons for badges? Check!

Farm one dungeon in particular for that item I really need to drop? CHECK!
    Craft my consumables on an alt for raid tomorrow night? Check!
    Farm 4 stacks of cloth for my tailor? Check!

etc, ect, etc...

Checking things off a list is very rewarding.. I don't have to get a couple dozen epics that roll crap stats.
    Even now with WQ rewards going all the way up to 370 ilvl, it is still a pretty bold statement to say they drop Mythic Raid level gear. Factually incorrect, no debate here.

You ask 'what goals can you set in modern wow' then you immediately go and list some actual goals you can set.

Doing 25 WQ's is a goal. It's the exact same thing as doing 25 dailies. Be it for reputation, gear, gold, AP, emissary whatever. Check.
    You can still mine/herb for an hour. It hasn't been deleted. Check.
    Why wouldn't pushing M+ be a goal? You get craft material, gear and a higher key you can keep going with for extra mats/gear. You know, the exact same stuff you farmed those badges for. Check.

With M+ you can run one dungeon endlessly for that one item you really want. Check.
    Craft consumables on alt for mains.... still can do that. Check.
    Farm cloth. Check.

You can scrap any gear for materials. Check.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    World quests are just meaningless busy work. No story, no purpose.
    lol weird you would say that when they asked us for help via world quests we get dialogue and everything.

Dailies in MoP: 1. Go to hub. 2. Pick up 4 quests for the same area (collect 10; kill 10 of this; kill 10 of that; kill 1 elite). 3. Do quests in one go. 4. Turn in at hub for 4*23ish gold and 4*250 reputation.

World quests: 1. Go to area. 2. Fill bar (requires to collect 10-15 things plus killing 30ish mobs, 10 less if you find an elite). 3 Rewards 75 reputation plus byproduct ranging from completely worthless junk to around 120g.

world quests that are based on the rep. instead of having all w quests look the same. Helping someone in an other zone is different than in the other zones.

Dailies 100%! I sort of hate WQs. They just seem very disjointed and well random. Dailies at least were compact, and had some kind of story behind them. I also prefer daily hubs over just randomly flying over a spot and getting a message out of nowhere telling me what to do. How the frick is Talanji telling me there's a threat in the nearby area, on Kul'Tiras!? She's nowhere around to know this or be able to tell me anything.

Surumar was interesting to me, as it had world quests, but they felt alot more like dailies, due to the story there and the fact they were so compact, with most taking place within the city. More of that would be a good compromise between the 2, that I would probably enjoy. Though Molten Front, Isle of Thunder, and the like is probably my prefered style of repeatable quests.

World Quests, but I'd like to see them arranged more like the old daily hubs were. The big issue with world quests prior to unlocking flying is that they're so spread out you often spend as much time travelling as you do engaging with them. The invasions in BfA are actually really good with how they cluster most of their quests together in a small area. Those events give me the same feeling as some of the old daily hubs.

Definitely WQ's...dailies is what made me quit WOTLK.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I kind of liked the way MoP's dailies worked. Every day, you had a different "go help people in that zone!" objective then a handful of daily quests to do in that zone.

WQ's get too repetitive for me. Dailies really have the same problem (I'm eventually going to get burned out regardless if I'm doing the same thing over and over for days at a time), but that feeling seems to hit me a lot harder with WQ's.

I prefer WQ's to dailies, although the hardest part of the former is often getting to the location. Which is not always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Even now with WQ rewards going all the way up to 370 ilvl, it is still a pretty bold statement to say they drop Mythic Raid level gear. Factually incorrect, no debate here.
    Get multiple chances every day to a Titanforged drop from clicking on 10 squirrels and 15 nuts or other such idiotic "quests"... or raid Mythic one a week.

Sure you might get a few itemLevels higher in Mythic Raiding... but who cares? I mean really.. who cares anymore? Gear is gear is gear in modern WoW. Even tier gear is gone and you have ugh... azerite armor with horrible RNG added for additional "excitement".

Like I said, people LOVE being showered with gear they didn't earn. It's fun for them and I guess that's good... for them. Hope that works well in the mobile version coming.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no room for daily quest
    WQ solves that problem!
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

World quests

Depends I guess? Daily quest hubs like Isle of Thunder, The firelands hub etc. are cool so more of them please, but world quests beats ordinary daily quests that aren't tied to the progression of a hub area ( Like Isle of Quel'danas, Isle of Thunder, firelands etc. )

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking back I think I prefer dailies over WQs. I kind of enjoyed the repetition and finding ways to improve the completion efficiency. Also felt easier to grind out reps some how. I can't be fucked to do an entire zones WQs if there's no emissary involved because of the traveling involved.

Sure there was some traveling involved in dailies as well but a lot of the quests were bunched in the same general area iirc.