10+ Year Old Account

Smile Ballotocolypse! 718 Candidates Have Filed for 2020!

The very hard working people at Ballotpedia have collated everyone who has filed to run for president in 2020.

Check the list, maybe someone you know is on there. Maybe you’re on there.

As of May 6, 2019, there are 718 candidates who filed to run, including:

245 Democratic candidates
    89 Republican candidates
    26 Libertarian candidates
    14 Green candidates

Other notables
    • Suq Madiq - Right to Life Party
    • Bring Back Daniel - Jewish/Christian National Party
    • Elvis Master Butler - People Over Politics Party
    • Kanye Deez Nutz West -Green Party
    • Karen Deez Nuts - Communist Party

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, that seems like a lot - what does it compare to in previous election cycles?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Indeed, that seems like a lot - what does it compare to in previous election cycles?
    I'm on my phone, but I think there were 1,780.

As of November 1, 2016, a total of 1,780 candidates had filed a Statement of Candidacy with the Federal Election Commission.
    https://ballotpedia.org/Presidential_candidates,_2016

10+ Year Old Account
    Has Vermin Supreme announced yet?
    Putin khuliyo

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanDrunkBecky View Post
    The very hard working people at Ballotpedia have collated everyone who has filed to run for president in 2020.

Check the list, maybe someone you know is on there. Maybe you’re on there.

As of May 6, 2019, there are 718 candidates who filed to run, including:

245 Democratic candidates
    89 Republican candidates
    26 Libertarian candidates
    14 Green candidates

Other notables
    • Suq Madiq - Right to Life Party
    • Bring Back Daniel - Jewish/Christian National Party
    • Elvis Master Butler - People Over Politics Party
    • Kanye Deez Nutz West -Green Party
    • Karen Deez Nuts - Communist Party
    the numbers don't add up. are the other not affiliated to party, running as independent?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Has Vermin Supreme announced yet?
    Asking the important questions.

President Suq Madiq and his Vice President Karen Deez Nuts for 2020.

There's only three legitimate candidates and all of them are getting trashed in the corporate media.

Set aside your politics for a second...

Isn't it strange that both conservative and liberal media are focusing on shit-tier candidates like Biden.

Don't you find it weird that Rush Limbaugh and Rachel Maddow devote so much time to candidates nobody wants?

Doesn't it make you suspicious that they are both saying polar opposite things...about specifically small and unpopular handful of candidates?

Do you think that's air you're breathing?

My question is simple, isn't strange how much time and focus the media puts on candidates you don't want?
    Last edited by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve; 2019-05-15 at 06:17 PM.

Hmm...Booker campaign official urges donations for Gillibrand to ensure debate spot

"I just donated to ensure @Sengillibrand’s important perspective is on the debate stage. Join me!" Jenna Lowenstein, Booker's deputy campaign manager, wrote on Twitter.

The show of support between rivals stemmed from the passage of a law in Alabama on Tuesday that effectively outlawed abortion in the state. Gov. Kay Ivey signed the legislation, which is certain to face a slew of legal challenges and was crafted to serve as a direct challenge to the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision that codified abortion rights nationwide. 2020 candidates were quick to condemn the bill, with Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) leading the pack.

The scramble to entice donors is the result of new rules the Democratic National Committee unveiled this year that put an emphasis on grassroots fundraising. Candidates now have two paths to reach the stage for next month’s debates: Breaking 1 percent in three polls from pollsters approved by the DNC, or tallying 65,000 unique campaign donors, with at least 200 donors in 20 different states.

But with 23 major candidates in the race as of Thursday and only 20 spots on the debate stage, the DNC’s tiebreaker will first prioritize candidates who have met both the polling and donor threshold, something Gillibrand has not publicly announced she’s done, unlike Booker.

---------------

Kinda cool...