View Poll Results: How would you pay for Diablo 4?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buy once, free forever

259 81.19%
  • F2P with micro transactions

25 7.84%
  • Monthly subscription

17 5.33%
  • Real life auction house (either buy once or F2P)

3 0.94%
  • Other (specify)

15 4.70%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Buy to play. No game-affecting micro-transactions aside from purchasing new classes and area expansions.

The way I'd like to see the game work is this:

* Buy the base game $xx.xx with the main story campaign and set of classes
    * Buy new classes as they come out over time
    * Buy new story expansions that open up new lands and campaigns
    * Buy cosmetic skins for your characters like HotS and Overwatch

Realistically i probably wouldn't. Blizzard is a another company going the way of Valve and i'm not the audience for that kind of monster. I love Diablo but my expectations for the company have reached record lows this year and i dont know what could sell me when i expect a EA level nightmare as baseline for future releases.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Really? That was one of the things I liked about D3. I suppose it's because the only other thing was running the same things over and over and over hoping for better RNG the next time I ran it.

I despise games (and my success) being reliant on a good roll of the RNG dice.
    Then ARPGs are not the thing for you. It's literally all about farming - trading may or not be included, but if the best way to get better gear is buying it, then something's wrong. Then, there are games where farming is good and then like in D3 itemization was shit and the consequence was the AH being predominant.

Especially since once you have bought all your gear, what are you gonna play for? Virtual money? RMAH was obscene both in existance and implementation, and that's one olf the main reasons why the game bombed immediately.

EDIT: not saying trading/ah in games is inherently bad. But since gearing is the main drive, you cannot have a system that makes gearing just a matter of swiping a credit card (which was in D3). In Poe there's trading, but given how difficult is to farm currencies, you cannot simply get in game, buy everything and be successful.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

I think some sort of microtransaction was planned for D3 along the way and got dropped when further development after RoS was cancelled. Seems unfortunately likely to be a future feature.

The reason I think this is because the bit of the game that holds all your cosmetic items like pets, portraits and wings was originally called the Wardrobe and at some point that got changed to Diablo Shop and has been like that ever since, even though you cannot buy anything in it.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by Allatar View Post
    I think some sort of microtransaction was planned for D3 along the way and got dropped when further development after RoS was cancelled. Seems unfortunately likely to be a future feature.

The reason I think this is because the bit of the game that holds all your cosmetic items like pets, portraits and wings was originally called the Wardrobe and at some point that got changed to Diablo Shop and has been like that ever since, even though you cannot buy anything in it.
    In fact all that stuff is actually a shop that has been released for China where you can buy cosmetics and XP boosts. It was something never meant for the western market.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

Initially I was extremely negative and believed Diablo 4 would not launch, but now that it seems to come to fruition I will play it. I would prefer paying for the game once and no monthly sub, but if it's a lot of fun I might subscribe if that's how it goes.

Like diablo 3.

Stood in the Fire EntertainmentNihilist's Avatar
    I pay for the game and can play forever. Games should not be services, they are products. The modern games as a service model should be illegal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    I pay for the game and can play forever. Games should not be services, they are products. The modern games as a service model should be illegal IMO.
    That would require a game you host locally.

Stood in the Fire EntertainmentNihilist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That would require a game you host locally.
    Or they could just give players the option to host it locally or set up private servers when they don't feel like paying to keep the servers running. Or just don't make the game depend on a central server at all, like Warcraft 1-3, Starcraft 1, Diablo 1 & 2, Diablo 3 on consoles, and almost every other game before the past few years. You realize that the way games are now is done mainly just to prevent losing a small portion of their revenue to piracy? I don't think it would be the end of the world if we made this practice illegal and companies had to just accept losing a portion of their revenue to piracy.

I don't really care how, but this current business model in an abomination that needs to be stopped.