Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    AFAIK, dbm and the like were available in vanilla. If addons were possible back then, what reason would there be to restrict them now?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Addons for 2 buttons and 2 mechanics?
    HOLLA FOR DA TOP DOLLA

They should bring back CT_MOD. I was in the guild of the makers TS and Cide. TS was a hunter, and Cide was a healer. I remember we would pause our raids in MC so they could update the raid mod on the fly. Lots of fun those days. That cannot be recreated today. I miss those days.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im actually can't wait to get add ons like details and auctioneer to appear for classic. It makes comfortable to do things without changing the gameplay.

People already have several modern addons working on the Classic Beta. I heard ElvUI is working on a new version to work with Classic. These people who know how to make addons will work with the API however they can to get their addons to work. Someone made an enemy cast bar addon within the first 12 hours, it was a rough sample basically but it worked. Over the next 2 months of Beta most of your most common addons will have new versions to work with Classic. The rest will slowly release over time after launch as they are able to get the new versions made.

I'm just waiting for addons like AAP to be made for classic. I wonder how the purist part of the classic community would react if the biggest hurdle for most people to actually play classic just becomes an automated railroad. I do hope they ban gearscore/ilvl addons though, that shit ruined the WoW community more then LFG/LFR ever could.
    Last edited by Megor96; 2019-05-18 at 09:00 AM.

This will be a very interesting topic. I'm pretty sure that modern BigWigs / WA will offer a massive help to already mechanic poor bossfights, maybe even trivialize them to a even wider extent.

What I'm really looking forward to is warcraftlogs. You will be able to track everything to the smallest detail, I know pservers had some kind of logs but they pretty much didn't show anything behind the big numbers. People will be able to analyze everything to the smallest detail, maybe revealing some sick new builds/items/combinations.

WoW Classic with all this addons will be no more "classic". Boss has few mechanics coz there was nothing that tell you when its ability was about to come. ahh.. i understand... new players want to play WoW Classic transforming even it in an Anction Game like retail is. Can't u just play wow retail and leave classic to us purist that asked to play Classic coz we don't like retail anymore where u should have 3000 addons that even tell u when to pee? No... and maybe after all this u will leave classic saying "ohhh but it is soooo easy!!!! u purists told me that vanilla was harder than retail!!" ofc we didnt had all this s**t you are asking coz u cant kill a single bear without tons of weakaura/boss mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    As a Vanilla raid healer, the one mod I'll miss the most is the OG Decursive. Fights like Luci (the fear) and Chromag (multiple debuff types) were FAR easier for a Priest with Decursive's one-button functionality. If I get to the point of raiding in Classic, I suppose I'll get a mouse-over mod to use for clearing debuffs, plus a player frames mod that will show me who is debuffed (and what type). It won't quite be the same, but it's likely the easiest alternative. (For the record, I suppose that combination exists today, but I haven't raid healed since Vanilla, so I don't know.)
    Decursive of today shows everyone's debuffs and you just click them to dispel. It's not the same as the old version where you literally press a button and it will decurse everyone around, but it isn't as if the current version is total shit.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I can't wait to see Azeroth Auto Pilot updated for Classic WoW XD
    Why? Vanilla already had QuestHelper which was much of the same. Equipped with that little arrow thing to tell you where to go. Hell, Vanilla even had literal autopilot mods for a brief period that would auto-run your character back to quest givers.

Personally, I don't see the point of questing mods but they don't bother me. Part of the allure of Vanilla is the difficulty and not having everything handed to you.

Players asked for vanilla, and vanilla it's what they should get ( so no modern addons, no different stuff, etc... even though they already ruined it by changing druid talents ).

As much as I attribute LFD and its ilk to some of the downfall of the game I have to admit Classic had it as a sorts and I used it I just dont remember its name I just remember how it worked. Basically everyone on your server/faction who had it could broadcast to the others who had the addon so aslong as ONE person could see city/trade/zone whatever where the spam was you could see it no matter where in the world you were so you could actually go out and farm while waiting for those once or twice a day groups to form for specific dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    There's been nothing like AAP before, and yes I used both quest helper and Carbonite back in the day. They were all manual iirc where you select what quest you want to do and what not. The main point of AAP is that the add-on already has a predetermined route that has been deemed " the most efficient and fastest" to level with.

Also leveling is and never has been difficult let's just cut that out right now. Time consuming does not equal difficult IMHO. Don't pull more than 1-2 mobs and it's nothing more than pressing a few buttons and loads of downtime. That's not difficult bro :/
    Okay, so it saves you the extra step of alt-tabbing and referencing a guide. Again, not really experience breaking

Nothing in the game is difficult by those standards then. Its all just tedious and time-consuming. Pretty much the entire point of Classic is for a slower, more time-consuming experience. If you want to use addons to skip that, cool by me. I just don't see the point.

Addons are useful, just like this reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Decursive of today shows everyone's debuffs and you just click them to dispel. It's not the same as the old version where you literally press a button and it will decurse everyone around, but it isn't as if the current version is total shit.
    Very happy to hear that.

I'm happy having addons because vanilla had them...and a large repository of them. I'm also happy that they're using the new API engine, so I don't have to hear my guild/raid team members say they can't play because the addons that were playing the game for them no longer work after a patch.