Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Can the Pantheon restore Outland?

With the Pantheon restored to some degree, can't the Titans help the Orcs and even the Draenei rebuild their homeworlds? We've already seen a glimpse of Draenor in WoD and how Outlands can look.

In the new cinematic we see Saurfang tell Thrall that Outlands is beautiful, but it's dying. But is it an inevitable fate? The Titans are powerful enough to modify and shape planets. Can they be asked to assist and help mortals in rebuilding their broken worlds? They do owe the mortals of Azeroth for helping them imprison Sargares.

By restoring Outlands and reshaping Draenor Blizzard can unlock alot of potential in the Warcraft universe. Perhaps WoD's alternate Draenor can be used as a blueprint by the Titans similar to how the emerald dream was used as a blueprint for Azeroth. This can also serve as a great expansion idea as heroes help the Titans restore the broken world, travel into the twisting nether to retrieve important shards and items that were lost when Ner'zhul's portals ripped the planet apart, defeat void invaders and other threats and finally restoring an entire planet to it's glory. It can also be a great excuse to revisit Outlands and explore the lore of the zone further. We have so many mysteries that are still unexplained, The old god that the Arakkoa worship for instance can be explored further. The Ethereals can be confronted and stopped from exploiting Outlands further.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2019-05-18 at 10:58 AM.

They are kind of busy watching over the most dangerous criminal in the cosmos.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    That is exactly where the mortal heroes can come into play, we as the champions who helped imprison Sargares can be chosen to act as agents of the Pantheon and do the micromanaging while the Pantheon guides us from it's seat of power.

In terms of having the abilities necessary to do so, likely.
    In terms of actually being able to pull it off at the current time, no.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure they can.

Just not at this time.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    More like WoW's Satan.

You're asking the wrong question.

Where is the world soul of Outland? If you notice, the whole thing is just a chunk of rock floating in space. It's very likely that without the world soul of Outland that it cannot be restored in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post

Where is the world soul of Outland? If you notice, the whole thing is just a chunk of rock floating in space. It's very likely that without the world soul of Outland that it cannot be restored in any way.
    Fairly certain it was said before that Draenor in general doesn't have a World Soul, and not every planet has a Titan.
    Azeroth and Argus were just special in that regards.

That being said for the OP, I'm sure technically they could. But then on the same hand, that gives even less reason for the Horde and Alliance to fight when resources/space is fixed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post

World souls are incredibly rare, not every planet has one and outland didn't have one.

Aggramar even confirms that, he stumbled upon draenor before he found azeroth.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Fairly certain it was said before that Draenor in general doesn't have a World Soul, and not every planet has a Titan.
    Azeroth and Argus were just special in that regards.

That being said for the OP, I'm sure technically they could. But then on the same hand, that gives even less reason for the Horde and Alliance to fight when resources/space is fixed.
    The thing is, would they do that even if asked nicely? The titans even with Sargeras out of the equation in the sense he is being locked for good or death in some hypotetical future, they may refuse that request because some politic of not intervening with mortal civilizations because they think they will do more harm than good or maybe they are don't care for life in general with the exception of Eonar.
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-05-18 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    World souls are incredibly rare, not every planet has one and outland didn't have one.

Aggramar even confirms that, he stumbled upon draenor before he found azeroth.
    I think we have a confirmed total of 9 currently. 5 Pantheon, 1 Sargeras, 1 Azeroth, 1 Argus and the unnamed void corrupted one Sargeras killed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    The thing is, would they do that even if asked nicely? The titans even with Sargeras out of the equation in the senses he is being locked for good or death in some hypotetical future, they may refuse that request because some politic of not intervening with mortal civilization because they think they will do more harm than good or maybe they are don't care for life in general with the exception of Eonar.
    They rather clearly don't have a non-intervention policy. Aggramar basically set up Draenor for funsies. They may refuse it because they don't feel like it, though.

The thing is, would they do that even if asked nicely? The titans even with Sargeras out of the equation in the senses he is being locked for good or death in some hypotetical future, they may refuse that request because some politic of not intervening with mortal civilization because they think they will do more harm than good or maybe they are don't care for life in general with the exception of Eonar.
    In my few moments of looking things up because I wanted to be sure what I was talking about, it mentions actually that the Pantheon swore to protect any planet they stumbled upon, whether it had a World Soul or not.

While it did have extreme methods of doing so (Reorigination says hi), I think it's safe to say they do care to a degree considering they leave guardians and what not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titans dont make worlds they only shape existing ones. So little of Draenor is left it is likely not possible to put it back together.

At best they could preserve what exists already which is what the Earthen Ring was doing back in BC but I think the Cataclysm and Sargeras' attack are keeping them busy atm.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They rather clearly don't have a non-intervention policy. Aggramar basically set up Draenor for funsies. They may refuse it because they don't feel like it, though.
    Yeah that is most likely outcome I was thinking, although maybe Eonar would do something, she is more "human like" with emitions than the rest of the pantheon. Btw do you think we should count that planet we see in the Star Augur patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Titans dont make worlds they only shape existing ones. So little of Draenor is left it is likely not possible to put it back together.

At best they could preserve what exists already which is what the Earthen Ring was doing back in BC but I think the Cataclysm and Sargeras' attack are keeping them busy atm.
    This I could take as a real answer actually. That with so little left it just would end up crumbling faster if it was condensed.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Titans are described as incredibly benevolent beings, they have a code of temperance toward other civs because they are aware of their power.

Pretty sure if we asked them nicely they wouldn't say no, titans do have an urge to order things afterall.

Formerly known as Arafal

Reshape the world's surface through eons of work? Sure they can do. Restore a planet that has exploded and its remains float around? Who knows if they may or may not be able to do that.

They could probably restore in a sense of turning it back into a molten glob and letting it start over again. Not that would be help to any of the life on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post

You know who COULD preserve it... the Ethereals. Check out their bio dome tech in Netherstorm. If they CHOSE to they could probably incapsulate what’s left of Outland in an artificial atmosphere. Of course Ethereals being like Goblins there would have to be something in it for them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Draenor doesnt have a world soul. yet it was infected by the "Hivemind" this overgrowth flore that consumes everything.
    And also it makes Aggrmar very interested on Draenor, where i dont remember well, it was his blood that created the first big Grons and their descendants the Ogres the gronlings and the Orcs to fight the Overgrowth.

Thats what i recall from WoD, because there is not Titan Fascility, yet we found some interventions from Aggramar.