Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Your opinion not scientific fact.
    I am curious where it is then? In a test tube?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am curious where it is then? In a test tube?
    Let's ask Wikipedia! - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant

Oh, so we're talking about a human outside the womb, not a developing fetus. Our medical and scientific understanding of the stages of pregnancy don't jive with your views, that doesn't mean you get to ignore than and redefine things to your liking.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Let's ask Wikipedia! - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant

Oh, so we're talking about a human outside the womb, not a developing fetus. Our medical and scientific understanding of the stages of pregnancy don't jive with your views, that doesn't mean you get to ignore than and redefine things to your liking.
    Interesting interplay between literal and colloquial usages. So the phrase "I am with child" is something you would autistically screech about, like a fedora lord of Reddit hearing a person say "God Bless You" and screeching in abject pain "Gods not real!"
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Interesting interplay between literal and colloquial usages. So the phrase "I am with child" is something you would autistically screech about, like a fedora lord of Reddit hearing a person say "God Bless You" and screeching in abject pain "Gods not real!"
    I say god bless you but I don't believe in god language is full of these things doesn't mean you have to believe every term.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I say god bless you but I don't believe in god language is full of these things doesn't mean you have to believe every term.
    The problem with Edge's point is it amounts to "This terminology is politically inconvenient for me", as I doubt Edge, or you, would scream in unruly anger and foam at the mouth if in regular life you encounter a pregnant woman who said "I am with child", though I could see both of you screaming "ACTUALLY!!11eleven!!11", but maybe you all can function as normal people.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with Edge's point is it amounts to "This terminology is politically inconvenient for me", as I doubt Edge, or you, would scream in unruly anger and foam at the mouth if in regular life you encounter a pregnant woman who said "I am with child", though I could see both of you screaming "ACTUALLY!!11eleven!!11", but maybe you all can function as normal people.
    What you are mistaking is the idea that casual popular sayings carry literal truth.

The same way "it's raining cats and dogs" doesn't literally mean animals are falling from the sky.
    Or "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse" means I have an actual hankering for equine meat.

Your entire argument seems to stem from using an archaic colloqualism as if it's technically accurate, which is so goddamned ridiculous an idea you can't possible be actually serious.

Abortion is not infanticide. Anyone claiming it is, is a liar and a dishonest broker whose goal is to pollute the discourse, not aid in any better understanding of the issue.

Why do you people keep arguing with the others about what a fetus or life is? Stop it!

Keep it simple. You are pro-choice and your believe you have no right to decide over another's person body. You may be even against abortion but believe it's a decision to each individual. Stop forcing your beliefs on other people.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Why do you people keep arguing with the others about what a fetus or life is? Stop it!

Keep it simple. You are pro-choice and your believe you have no right to decide over another's person body. You may be even against abortion but believe it's a decision to each individual. Stop forcing your beliefs on other people.
    Yeah, I don't buy the pro-choice position since we legislate and are for legislating morality in other contexts. By we I mean, you, and plenty of posters in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Alabama did it just now, let's see if it sticks or if it doesn't. Will the SCOTUS, empowered by Based Lord Kavannaugh finally deliver the death blow to Roe v. Wade? .... Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z! XD

10+ Year Old Account
    So why is it that conservatives want to make outliers like Kermit Gosnell the norm rather than the exception?
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Having a pro-life position based on religion never made any sense to me. God himself has killed and continues killing billions of fetuses/fertilized eggs. On top of that it's a prescribed punishment in the bible for certain crimes. Makes zero sense to say, "I'm against abortion because I'm a Christian" or any variation of that.

Regardless, the truth hasn't changed. Letting republicans get their way on this will result in more abortions and more women harmed. If you want to have fewer abortions and safer women then you'd vote democrat.

Republicans seem incapable of understanding that outlawing abortion and reducing the number of abortions are not the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Having a pro-life position based on religion never made any sense to me. God himself has killed and continues killing billions of fetuses/fertilized eggs. On top of that it's a prescribed punishment in the bible for certain crimes. Makes zero sense to say, "I'm against abortion because I'm a Christian" or any variation of that.

Regardless, the truth hasn't changed. Letting republicans get their way on this will result in more abortions and more women harmed. If you want to have fewer abortions and safer women then you'd vote democrat.

Republicans seem incapable of understanding that outlawing abortion and reducing the number of abortions are not the same thing.
    They go into denial when you point out that outlawing abortion will not end abortion. It will just bring an end to SAFE abortions and lead to more Kermit Gosnell-like situations occurring.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

One of the biggest problems with conservatives wanting to ban abortion is that they are literally the first people that work their hardest to cut social programs that benefit needy children, while at the same time calling themselves pro life.

Yeah, I don't buy the pro-choice position since we legislate and are for legislating morality in other contexts. By we I mean, you, and plenty of posters in this thread.
    For example:

Welp, it happened.

https://www.apnews.com/fbae135281e64...OTBU37g0BnMfIU

Alabama’s Senate passed a near-total ban on abortion Tuesday, sending what would be the nation’s most stringent abortion law to the state’s Republican governor.

The GOP-dominated Senate voted 25-6 to make performing an abortion at any stage of pregnancy a felony punishable by up to 99 years or life in prison for the abortion provider. The only exception would be when the woman’s health is at serious risk.

Senators rejected an attempt to add an exception for rape and incest. The amendment was voted down 21-11, with four Republicans joining Democrats.

“You don’t care anything about babies having babies in this state, being raped and incest,” Democratic Sen. Bobby Singleton said on the Senate floor after the amendment’s defeat. “You just aborted the state of Alabama with your rhetoric with this bill.”
    If you're a woman in Alabama and want to escape the repressive regime of Y'all Quaeda, California welcomes you. Abortion is enshrined as a state right here and you don't have to see a doctor to get prescribed birth control, either, you can get one directly from any pharmacist. It's a little spendy to live here but as a fellow woman I think it's worth it knowing my rights are guaranteed and I don't have to worry about having to carry and give birth to my rapist's child.

Disgusting.

Why didn't they just go all-out and reinstate slavery while they were at it? That's actually in the bible, you pieces of shit.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-05-15 at 06:11 AM.

Also just want to add if you rape a woman in Alabama, you will get less of a prison sentence (~5-10 years) than if she aborts the baby you forcibly put inside of her without her consent (99+ years), and the same goes for the doctor that performs the abortion for her (also 99+ years).

So if you're a man in Alabama you're free to force women to carry your child now and only suffer minor consequences for it.

Fucking disgusting.

It does make me wonder if any judge would actually have the balls to hand down a sentence like that.

It also makes me wonder if, assuming it doesn't get immediately struck down in the SCOTUS like it should, people on a national level will finally wake up and see the GOP for what they are and vote accordingly in 2020.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-05-15 at 06:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Also just want to add if you rape a woman in Alabama, you will get less of a prison sentence (~5-10 years) than if she aborts the baby you forcibly put inside of her without her consent (99+ years), and the same goes for the doctor that performs the abortion for her (also 99+ years).

So if you're a man in Alabama you're free to force women to carry your child now and only suffer minor consequences for it.

Fucking disgusting.
    It's just conservative reminding normal people that they don't view women as people with rights: Conservatives view women as baby makers and housewives.

There are so many way you can describe how shortsighted this decision is going from the obvious legal challenges the state will have to fund to defend this. If this would land in the supreme court it will be decided in 2020 and considering American poll 7 to 10 in support Roe V Wade that doesn't help Trump where he needs the help because Trump doesn't understand how to expand his base.

...and honestly Roberts probably will not allow this setting up even future precedent.

Ok but lets say Roberts does decide to allow states to decide abortion rights and the midwest/south bans its overnight. I could talk about the increase in social services of unwanted children in these areas, or the increase in the already abysmal maternal deaths in these areas or the birth of Abortion Tourism but I'll point the main loss from the Republican, a large portion of their one issue base. If you follow politics enough you will know that a happy electorate doesn't turn out to help their party historically. Changing the message for these one issue voters who solely vote Republican from vote for me I'll ban abortion to vote for me I'll keep the abortion ban will make their base significantly fall off unless there is a direct challenge to it at the time of election. Not only that most of those concerned about abortion were those who were supercharged from the 1973 decision or their children. Most modern day young conservative consider abortion an important issue but not to the extremes those who are older hold it.

Not only that but between the continue loss of Stare Decisis and having a supreme court seat stolen Democrats will finally say the court has been so politicized that it doesn't matter anymore and will have the political capital to court stack or take extreme measures. Scroe always pointed out there is no such thing as permanent victories in politics. At this point do you honestly expect those who are born after the 2000 to let some conservatives who were born in the 1970-1980 allow progress to be pushed back to where it was in the 1950s in the 2020s until about the year 2030 without any repercussion? Not only this but it will give Political capital to destroy some of the Republicans decisions they thought was settled law.

Yet all the Republicans are doing right now is solidifying the Liberal-Moderate base just like 1973 did to the conservative base for the next generation while losing their bread and butter single issue base and without a replacement base to allow them to stand at the national level. I hope Republicans liked how they went all in with the Trump administration because after 2030 the pendulum is probably going to swing back...hard
    Last edited by akris15; 2019-05-15 at 06:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    I hope Republicans liked how they went all in with the Trump administration because after 2030 the pendulum is probably going to swing back...hard
    I think the reason the GOP is okay with Trump smashing so many of our institutions and norms is because they know they are trapped in a demographic death spiral of their own making thanks to the Southern Strategy and their xenophobic positions in recent years and, rather than trying to reverse it, decided they would rather burn the rest of the country down to the ground with them as they die out and when Democrats get into power and set about trying to clean up the mess and fix things, they can blame Democrats for the disaster the GOP made.