Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Price will be inflatted

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    I was part of it, I was in Deus Vox world top 5 guild for AQ40 and Naxx. There was atleast 20 gold buyers in the guild, we had no one get banned for buying gold, at one point we had 2 gold farmers in the guild that we would take to BWL so we got a discount on purchases and got mats at discounted rates. We joint tested Naxx with Vodka and they had just about as many RL money buyers. There were 4 or 5 of us in DV that played the AH very well. I was able to get max gold on multiple characters and farming as a warlock was a joke when I was bored. Go to Dire Maul elemental side and fear/banish juggle mobs until they die. Collect books and reset. I would get 250-1000g an hour depending on drops(get a Quel book or some other BOE epic and you were set), If I went with a hunter friend we could do it significantly faster. The other farm I would do was solo run BRD to get the enchant pieces and sell enchant or for BOE from the fire elemental. You still are wrongly calling it pay to win as it is not providing an unobtainable advantage to someone through money.

I have a huge list of things we did to make money and it was easy. I made 1000's off of summoning people to get their MC attunement done. 25-50g a pop and it was a joke to do. Once you got in there you could just have someone go to IF and spam selling attunement runs, get gold, invite to party and summon in. I once did 125 in an hour.
    So you do confirm how power was in the gold itself. You had 20 buyers (at least who played smart and had a good source) who probably would not be able to keep raiding on that level if it werent for buying gold (not the skill, just gold = extra time farming) with that roster due to extra time needed. I do know plenty of "tricks" for farming as I never ever had issue with gold or having all possible consumables to raid 5-6 days per week, but thats bit off the offtopic.
    Currently it will be harder to get to buy gold as it was in the past, but loop holes like one of the examples (dedicated farmers) will still be in place. The thing is - your guildies and guild itself were taking that shortcut to be able to compete for world firsts and Token itself is wide range. Back then there have been people being scared of buying gold too. Having Token would have general negative attitude where you have been so dependant on gold (go for them world firsts when you strugle to get gold for repairs and all the consumables). My guild cleared everything as well (with Naxx being bit later - November from what I recall) but there was less stress to have that exact fixed roster to raid on even higher level (server 1sts were enough). Token is a short-cut (just as buying gold back then - and encourages general gold purchases) and you know it and for lower end players it is item of power ("yey gonna buy for my bought gold with IRL money a carry run in Naxx with Deus Vox and get myself a sweet few peaces of gear and that Urn from KT to show others I cleared it and have phat epix to destroy others!") - for high end guilds it is a different bracket already. So for you it is not, for average joe - it is.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2019-05-15 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    if they were that easy to spot, why blizz didn't ban them then ?
    Dunno, honestly. Maybe they just couldn't do it without evidence? Weird name and class wasn't enough. Who could guess - have is this a bot or a real person?

30 more minutes until the beta servers are expected to be opened

IMHO they gonna implement some features from the real world (in the next few years).
    Maybe even something like smartphones or things that will do the same things like smartphones do?..

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    So blizzard is going to go as far as adding back 1 hour in game mail timers to re-create the vanilla experience but you legitimately believe they would willy nilly add the WoW token that massively changes the core fundamental gameplay?

You guys type before you think, thats the problem with forums lol.
    How did it change the core fundamental gameplay?

Personally, I wouldn't mind a token on Classic, just another way to spend my gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I dont get it.. its still 1 subscription? i can still use my BFA gold to get token to play classic am i correct??
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    I dont get it.. its still 1 subscription? i can still use my BFA gold to get token to play classic am i correct??
    Yes, If you transfer your WoW gold in BFA for game time and renew your subscription you can continue playing as Classic is tied to your BFA subscription. If you stop paying for BFA, you can't play classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    Ofc you can, and that's the reason why i don't understand this thread xD

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Ofc you can, and that's the reason why i don't understand this thread xD
    Do you think every Classic player will play BfA just because they have subscription to it or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Do you think every Classic player will play BfA just because they have subscription to it or something?
    No, i think that if you dont bother to play BFA for the token like for example me, you just pay for the sub, seems simple to me.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    No, i think that if you dont bother to play BFA for the token like for example me, you just pay for the sub, seems simple to me.
    Or they can also add an option to pay for sub with Classic gold. Shocking concept, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Or they can also add an option to pay for sub with Classic gold. Shocking concept, I know.
    It is pretty shocking tbh, anything i might find in the game that wasnt there untill the last day of its cycle will be pretty shocking.

No. What is wrong with you.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

7+ Year Old Account
    it kinda sucks that there wont be a WoW token system on classic so with that being said how is blizzard gonna deal with 3rd party gold sellers isn't against the ToS if so why dont they just incorporate a balanced gold token system for classic isnt that hard all just set the max value of the token to 10 gold and a limit on how many you can buy.
    Last edited by Dartz1979; 2019-05-15 at 05:57 PM.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    No token in Classic confirmed, close thread then?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O3b423uqrdo#dialog
    Praise the Loa. I just hope Blizzard will keep their word about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Dunno, honestly. Maybe they just couldn't do it without evidence? Weird name and class wasn't enough. Who could guess - have is this a bot or a real person?
    talking to them !? that's how i knew bots from real ppl in game since ever, i spotted before a bot in outland hunter in Hellfire, a warlock in Zangermarsh, just tab a monster he targets and he will still continue to kill and even go to try to loot it (reported both), i'm pretty sure GM tools can make it far easier to detect a bot from real player
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
    The token doesn’t create gold, just reallocates it. It wouldn’t cause inflation. Order hall missions that create thousands of gold worth of rewards per day creates inflation.
    It creates a pay to win method though that is accepted by blizzard. Gold is everything in retail and in classic is going to be more than everything. If you are able to legally buy gold no matter if it reallocates it you'll be able to buy boosts etc. Now that was a thing back in vanilla as well, people would buy boosts up to AQ40 with gold, although getting the huge amount of golds needed to buy e.g an item that could go on auction between buyers upon its drop e.g a t2 shoulder could go for 1000-2000 gold.
    Now that was quite some real life money back then in order to buy 2000 gold. If you create a legal way to obtain them, the prices are going to go down for everyone.
    Also it creates a bad game precedence, especially now that many many guilds will have everything on farm easily cause its not 2005 anymore. It takes guilds like 3 hours to clear Naxx upon its release. Creating that kind of economy will mean that classic will be the same as retail where you only see 'Boosting x, for x amount of gold in X dungeon/raid' and thats all you'd see in the chat.

So no token has no place in vanilla.

Would be cool if there was a token but you could only buy it with gold for time and not the other way around.

Therefore I could just grind in Classic and get my gametime.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Will there be a WoW token? Or will there just be completely insane amount of gold sellers... like I mean an insane amount. Have they stated yet if the token will be in the game?
    there will be plenty of "WTT 100k gold in retail for 500 g in classic" dont worry