Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Eh, sure, our boy Anduin was a bit slow to not pack gas masks, but we still have to keep in mind that the people he's being compared to sent 100k of their troops to die for no reason, placed their trebuchets in front of their infantry and decided that sticking civilians into a tomb full of corpses against a necromancer was a solid plan.
    Don't forget putting field fortifications behind their exposed infantry line such that their own retreat was bottlenecked, forcing them to sacrifice their best troops, and not firing on the enemy while they were actually stopped by said fortifications. The Total War: Warhammer 2 player in me was beyond disgusted. The living deserved to lose that battle.

At least Warcraft doesn't have its Arya equialent... yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    If the latest GoT writers wrote WoW, we would deal with N'Zoth in 8.2 and Azshara in 8.3
    lol thread winner!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    D,D&D

Christie should join them as the Dumbest.
    To be fair to her, she doesn't decide the major plot points, they give her the major plot points and she fluffs them out.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Eh, sure, our boy Anduin was a bit slow to not pack gas masks, but we still have to keep in mind that the people he's being compared to sent 100k of their troops to die for no reason, placed their trebuchets in front of their infantry and decided that sticking civilians into a tomb full of corpses against a necromancer was a solid plan.
    Well, yes, GoT had tactical blunders. But when it comes to Lordaeron, had the writers paid attention to what they wrote previously, the Alliance shouldn't even have succeeded in landing on the shoreline of Tirisfal (plus naval invasion straight into enemy's seat of power makes no sense in general). And everything following was more and more nonsensical. In GoT at least the premise of the battle at least made sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Well, yes, GoT had tactical blunders. But when it comes to Lordaeron, had the writers paid attention to what they wrote previously, the Alliance shouldn't even have succeeded in landing on the shoreline of Tirisfal (plus naval invasion straight into enemy's seat of power makes no sense in general). And everything following was more and more nonsensical. In GoT at least the premise of the battle at least made sense.
    My willingness to give GoT the benefit of the doubt in terms of fleet existence, strength and movement ran out about a season ago when Euron was able to create a teleporting fleet off a barren island and then sequentially take out like three armies. Disregarding his stunt last episode entirely and how contrived that was.

@Jastall

If only the NK could bother to move at more than a brisk walking speed and they could've put the characters (and us) out of our misery three episodes earlier. Then again, maybe he and the other White Walkers got distracted by their top tier theme music and that's why they didn't notice the teleporting midget behind them.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I wish our characters were not written as complete Idiots. Legion was nice for our characters.

And don't forget: "Everyone kind of forgot that Sargeras' fucking blade's stuck inside the core of Azeroth..."

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    Sometimes I wish our characters were not written as complete Idiots. Legion was nice for our characters.
    You need brilliant writers for that, the plot and the characters will be smart as the people who writes them, that is why the first seasons of GoT has a lot of difference with the current one
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Both GoT and WoW early versions were fantastic because both respected their lore, after D&D no longer had the books to guide them, they just went full retard, same with WoW not caring about their lore

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Err, Euron's teleporting fleet that can be off the coast of Dragonstone one moment, at at Casterly Rock the next would like a word with you. Plus assaulting the enemy's seat of power via an amphibious invasions is literally what Stannis did in both book and show, and the Alliance actually landed a ways north of the Capital City in order to muster their troops and build siege engines, so at least they got that right if nothing else.

@Super Dickmann it really is a kickass theme. I wish I knew a song half as good for the purposes of powerwalking through the body-strewn castle of my enemies. What can say what we want about WoW or GoT, but them production values are just hard to replicate sometimes.

Then again that didn't stop GoT from filming the battle at night to save on $. At least during Lordaeron you knew what in the blazes was going on.

Yeah, i agree these points do happen with little in the way of explanation.

The Game of thrones thing was revolting though, cause it was the second time it happened. Like WTF. How can they not expect it? And how can a fleet that big hide behind a rock and unseen from the air? How could those ballistas aim so high up? How did they aim so well? It is all very unrealistic. But alas... drama eh? I mean, just to load those and aim... those things are really heavy. Theres no way they would hit something flying.

And the funny thing is that after that they can hardly even hit the ships. xD

They really were better off just killing the dragon during the upcoming battle. Theres loads of ballistas on the walls and one could perhaps hit it. But the ones on the boats (wich are not steady i might add) is just complete lol.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-05-10 at 11:57 PM.

I miss Metzen mainly because he knew how to make both the factions feel good and he had a genuinely great energy he brought with him to Blizzcon and the company in general that is sorely lacking.

Far from perfect but his enthusiasm was infectious.

Holy shit. I can't believe they actually said that...

And these guys are writing the new Star Wars movies, right? I fucking HOPE it's not anything related to The Old Republic.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    If the latest GoT writers wrote WoW, we would deal with N'Zoth in 8.2 and Azshara in 8.3
    In a dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Err, Euron's teleporting fleet that can be off the coast of Dragonstone one moment, at at Casterly Rock the next would like a word with you. Plus assaulting the enemy's seat of power via an amphibious invasions is literally what Stannis did in both book and show, and the Alliance actually landed a ways north of the Capital City in order to muster their troops and build siege engines, so at least they got that right if nothing else.
    Stannis assaulted the seat without the power. The Lannister army was fighting elsewhere and it took a last moment return of them + Reachmen to defeat him. That's in no way comparable to Alliance attacking Tirisfal when Sylvanas is expecting them and prepared her armies in advance. And obviously Alliance didn't land directly in Undercity since it's not coastal city. Tirisfal is still the capital zone of their kingdom that's heavily defended unlike some peripheral parts. Which makes it really, really not feasible for naval invasions. There's a reason why Normandy happened instead of the allies merrily sailing straight to Lubeck or Rostock and taking a short trip straight to Berlin from there. The closer it is to the enemies' capital region, the stronger the defenses are and the more of your fleet is going to get turned into sashimi before any of your soldiers even sets foot on solid ground.

And if the Horde fleet could take on the Alliance one even in an attack on Stormwind harbor, with Stormind's shoreline defenses aiding their fleet, which was what Saurfang himself estimated to be the balance of naval power, in a situation where the Horde had the home advantage the victor should have been obvious. Yet Alliance landed. And if the extremely intricate siege towers were built on the spot instead of being sailed there, there was no reason for the Horde to sit on their asses and let them build up their offensive capability when they have a super weapon the Alliance can't really counter. Especially since realistically only a sliver of Alliance forces should have even managed to land.

As for Euron's teleporting fleet, there is passage of time in the show. Unsullied fleet sailed out of Dragonstone roughly at the same time as the Dorne one. And since they were going on the same path (since the Unsullied weren't sailing from eastern shore of the Seven Kingdoms to the western shore by going around the north end of the continent), just with Dornish getting off earlier, there really isn't that much of an issue here. If the Dornish and Unsullied were going in the same direction but the Unsullied were going much further, then obviously the attack on Unsullied happened much later. And if Euron ambushed the Dornish off the coast of Dragonstine, dropping the captives at King's Landing would have happened on his way while sailing after the Unsullied. The issue with Euron's fleet is: 1. that it even exists and 2. that no one seems to notice it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Holy shit. I can't believe they actually said that...

And these guys are writing the new Star Wars movies, right? I fucking HOPE it's not anything related to The Old Republic.
    WAIT WHAT? the guys from got are writing something for star wars?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    WAIT WHAT? the guys from got are writing something for star wars?
    Yep! Here's a bit of info. In short, it's the D&D GoT duo plus Rian Johnson in charge of that project.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Both GoT and WoW early versions were fantastic because both respected their lore, after D&D no longer had the books to guide them, they just went full retard, same with WoW not caring about their lore
    Which version of wow. The barely any lore vanilla? The retcon everything to hell and back bc? The I'll get you next time gadget uhh player character wrath? What people call the golden age.

Wow in terms of lore has always been poor to just below average at best. Games that not based on other media in lore have always been terrible. This is not new.

LOL and it would be someone unrelated to the N'zoth story line to come in and land a killing blow

I'm still annoyed about this. How did Daenerys *forget* her enemy has a large naval fleet and has defeated her at sea on multiple occasions this year?! This is indeed a good representation of WoW lore's current state!