Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Netherwing farm after crz is gone

How do you farm netherwing eggs now that crossrealm addons dont work?

10+ Year Old Account
    I go back in time 10 years and just run around gathering eggs scattered around the island due to the smoke/magic effect coming off from them :S

7+ Year Old Account
    You do it the old fashioned way.

Same way I did years ago.
    1- Search for egg.
    2- Click on egg.
    Rinse and repeat for a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I don't understand your question? What does cross realms have to do with a mount farm?

It cant be that difficult i mean how many people farm them now? we did it back in tbc it cant be as hard as it was .

15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I did it the real way back when it was current content.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Or you know, completely crazy, just do the daily quests. Without any eggs or rep bonus it takes whopping 14 days to get exalted, minus the eggs you might find by chance while doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    It cant be that difficult i mean how many people farm them now? we did it back in tbc it cant be as hard as it was .
    There are surprisingly quite some people here. Certainly not as many people as back then though, but since it's old content it's understandable someone would want to get it done fast.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    I don't understand your question? What does cross realms have to do with a mount farm?
    OP is just whining. Or trolling.

Or both.

It's impossible to find an egg anywhere.

Kill Netherwing in Karazhan each week for 2 eggs :>

i did this insane thing where i ignored the fact that eggs exist at all and just did dailies, and while doing them i would keep and eye out for anything that looked like an egg. ended up finding about 5-10 over the week or 2 i was out there... it's really not a hard farm regardless of eggs.

I did Netherwing without cross-realm hopping during MoP. It was perfectly easy and done in a week or so. Doing dailies and collecting eggs while I was there.

10+ Year Old Account
    You go to the place, and then you run around A LOT, looking for eggs, and then you find some. As well, one boss in Karazhan can drop up to 2 eggs.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    You could jump phases and pick up an egg in the same location over and over. Each one being unique to that server, but you never really move your character. Same way people would jump phases to mine in caves or pick herbs in secluded areas.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I still remember how i did it. I was first on alliance side on my server, but only second on the server.

Simply put, you run around. Whenever you find an egg, remember the spot. Keep running around. Find more eggs. Remember the spots and form a "map" in your mind. Run from spot to spot. They even spawn outside of the island near the orc fortresses.

With no one else there, it should be piss easy. I had to fight with other people for the eggs.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Are mob camping in upper areas still a thing? That was a hit at start/middle of legion. Basically, you need 5 ppl with proper aoe who just farm around. It`s still 1% or so, but you are killing thousand mobs per hour. It was like 6 hours of active farm to exalted.

By putting on some Shadowmoon Valley music, sitting back in a recliner, relaxing, closing my eyes and then visually reminiscing about how I did the Netherwing grind 11 years ago.

There are plenty of eggs to find. I found the mines to be the best source of eggs, and with the mobs dropping eggs also, it's your best bet.