Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    She's been taught that men are violent and mean if guys aren't nice? That's exactly the same reason we have racists. And this very post is sexist claiming all men are mean and violent. This is why I can't go to the playground with my nieces as a single guy some times.

Personally, I will say hi to a woman I find attractive in public. Yes, I do expect her to be nice because there is no reason to be an asshole to someone that just said hi. If she is rude about it then she isn't someone I want to get to know in the first place and I will simply leave. I definitely won't get violent. I do find it funny, though. Most times men won't even hit back when a woman is physically assaulting them because that's how men are taught growing up. NEVER EVER lay a hand on a woman. That was drilled so hard into me when I was growing up even if she is punching you, kicking you, she breaks your nose you walk it off.

5+ Year Old Account
    I've never gotten violent for being rejected...at worst, slightly bummed out?

In regards to the tweet, I think there's some merit for the position that "if a person is obviously engrossed in what they're doing, don't interrupt." I get irate when someone interrupts my reading. But I don't think that's a gender issue nearly as much as it is a "don't be rude" issue. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Common knowledge and sense is woefully lacking these days.
    I think common sense was ironically named based on how uncommon it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Or, wait for her to approach you... that works too.
    What if I have headphones on?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

5+ Year Old Account
    Can't say it ever crossed my mind. Maybe if said guy was in a weird mental state at the time like drunk or on drugs.
    Other than that, no. Not that the above ever happened to me though.

Been rejected many times, never been violent. The women that are more straight forward about their feelings sting a lot less than the ones that string you along.

That's what I've been teaching my children, to pick up on social cues. No means no. Not interested means not interested.

Hopefully they'll remember the lessons I've taught them.

My wife is a salesperson who goes to homes after making appointments. She always feels worried. It makes me feel very sad. Even one time I've had to go with her to the place and wait in the car because she was worried about getting mugged/raped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never have the balls to even talk to women, my girlfriend is the one who actually asked me out because she got tired of waiting lol.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Nothing wrong with saying hello for fucks sake. At least not in the normal world and then that’s it.
    Unfortunately in this day and age people like the one mentioned in the OP probably want to make interacting with people of the opposite sex something that is taboo..

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Treating someone the way THEY want to be treated is more appropriate.
    Yeah that would be quite the conundrum unless you were Mel Gibson. So I'd just say be excellent to each other.

I've only been rejected once and I was more confused than anything, most women I meet seem desperate and throw themselves at you

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'm assuming the target audience for this rant is men who can't take no as an answer.
    Do they know they are the target audience....?

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Unfortunately in this day and age people like the one mentioned in the OP probably want to make interacting with people of the opposite sex something that is taboo..
    Yes unfortunate indeed, and it's pretty fair honestly considering the behavior of the general population when it comes to women. I'd say my wife is an very very attractive woman and the amount of times she gets cat called, honked at, stopped at the store WITH our kids with her and even sometimes when I'm with her is absolutely insane. A lot of guys just have no decency to the point that where we can't go out to a fancy dinner on the vegas strip(we live in the vegas suburbs) without someone yelling about her tits.
    Last edited by seventysix; 2019-05-13 at 04:34 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    And then people wonder why so many people aren't dating, where the fuck are you supposed to meet someone if you won't approach her? I'd rather take the rejection than regret. If that annoys her, too bad, her problem.
    More so now with the rise of young men not wanting to get involved with the opposite sex..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Far as I am concerned people like the Twitter poster can fuck off. Ill say hello and if that’s it great. If she says hello back even more great

Women hold power over life itself. Men do not, at least in US society. If a woman gets pregnant she can either decide to abort, without any input from the man, or have the child and stick child support and even alimony payments to the man, again without any real input from the man.

Men should not be violent towards women that reject them, but women legit have more power in the dance of relationships than men.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamas View Post
    Women hold power over life itself. Men do not, at least in US society. If a woman gets pregnant she can either decide to abort, without any input from the man, or have the child and stick child support and even alimony payments to the man, again without any real input from the man.

Men should not be violent towards women that reject them, but women legit have more power in the dance of relationships than men.
    Well I mean, have you experienced a pregnancy?? it's super easy to sit back and just talk about it but I have 2 kids and 1 miscarriage with my wife, it's not easy dude it's a grueling 9 months where anything can go wrong including life threatening issues, ultimately leading to a life long commitment. It should be their decision, if you didn't want to give them that decision then begin with you had all the power to not do so, most men are to busy acting like immature jive turkeys to think about it before doing it but then want to complain about it? Nah, take some responsibility. I have no idea how this is relevant to the discussion though.
    Last edited by seventysix; 2019-05-13 at 04:32 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Yes unfortunate indeed, and it's pretty fair honestly considering the behavior of the general population when it comes to women. I'd say my wife is an very very attractive woman and the amount of times she gets cat called, honked at, stopped at the store WITH our kids with her and even sometimes when I'm with her is absolutely insane. A lot of guys just have no decency to the point that where we can't go out to a fancy dinner on the vegas strip without someone yelling about her tits.
    This is a problem that unfortunately is no longer taught in schools or by parents the lesson in respect, more so if the woman is married..

Most of the time, no. There are some men that I've been scared by though. Some men can't accept a no.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Far as I am concerned people like the Twitter poster can fuck off. Ill say hello and if that’s it great. If she says hello back even more great
    True and that is all that should be needed, if you get a pleasant response from them, then maybe continue on but with the proviso that if the woman involved seems to be getting uncomfortable by ones advances then one should back away and leave her be..