Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

A big Classic anouncement is brewing!

It's coming! A BETA announcement is imminent.

Some signs:

Towellie twitch stream has a 24 hour timer and a heading: "When You Realize SOON…Is Happening | Timers Are Weird"

Another streamer, MrGM, has tweeted an image of a Vanilla Coke with the words "Gonna drink this one on Wednesday I think ☺️"

Get ready guys!

Well, Towellie knows fuck all in general, and considering he's shown he doesn't care about Vanilla and is just riding the hype $$$train so I don't really trust anything that comes from his stream.

With that said, Staysafe has a stream starting 30m before the end of Towellie's countdown, so 7:30am PST, for a "BIG STREAM", which is earlier than his usual schedule. He also said he has videos and such coming out. Wouldn't be surprised if "media" (aka Streamers, Wowhead, MMOC etc) got access to the Classic Beta tomorrow, or if they haven't already and the NDA lifts to where they've already been playing and have got video content to show of it.

*shrug*
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2019-05-13 at 04:35 PM.

And what about:

I imagine a date is possible.

Its confirmed by now that tomorrow is the start of the Beta.

This makes me hopeful, anything to break the monotony of retail wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I just want it out so I can stop seeing all the damn posts/assmongold vids etc..

I just want it to end so we can get back to complaining about BFA lol

I wonder if it will be open beta, that would be the best thing for them to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I can only wish...

Probably not from a business perspective. For those who either haven't played it at all, or have and are waiting to come back - but neither play private servers - an open beta could be enough to sate their hunger for vanilla and decide they aren't actually that bothered, which could have easily been a sub from them.

Also on top of that, open betas are only really good for server stability tests, which will be good to test sharing and such tbf but not for the entire beta for Classic. A limited time day or two would be enough for that.

As much as I want in too.

Hope they prio invite people with accounts from actual vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Hope they prio invite people with accounts from actual vanilla.
    The only people they prio invite are former private server streamers.

does anyone know the exact time beta released back in 2004 before vanilla WoW came out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hopefully a release date so I can make plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Probably not from a business perspective. For those who either haven't played it at all, or have and are waiting to come back - but neither play private servers - an open beta could be enough to sate their hunger for vanilla and decide they aren't actually that bothered, which could have easily been a sub from them.

Also on top of that, open betas are only really good for server stability tests, which will be good to test sharing and such tbf but not for the entire beta for Classic. A limited time day or two would be enough for that.

As much as I want in too.
    Nah, beta will be over before the vast majority would reach 60 in it I am guessing.

I'm going with release date tomorrow along with content creator videos. Beta starts Wednesday. Very short beta.

Hope its true.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Those people already got a Golden Statue (I was one month out of the limit ffs...)

They can fuck right off if they think they deserve priority access also.
    I let my sub lapse for like 2 months towards the end of 2005. Was subbed elsewise from 11/23/04 until the day first tier of wod mythic was released. Missed 2 months, no statue.

Nah, beta will be over before the vast majority would reach 60 in it I am guessing.
    Yeah of course, assuming they don't just have instant max chars like they do on other betas.

Problem is, you don't need to get to 60 to be like "Nope, it's just as shit as I remember" or "Fuck me, I haven't got the time to kill 100 Plainstriders for a Beak like I used to". I started on a private server not long back to figure out what I wanted to play this time around and it was a genuine shock to the system at how annoyingly slow both the classes and quests in general are, and that's not even including the general lack of ability to play for a lot of people, pull two mobs in BFA and you can AFK as they die, pull two in Classic you're gonna struggle at best. Pull two casters below level 12 or so? Better hope you're next to LoS else you're about to get 3 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    They might well increase Exp for certain areas, to enable people to actually do the dungeons and such at 60. Last thing they want is a lack of testing in that regard. Or just give boosted characters.

Either way, they will test endgame stuff, be insane not to.
    They didn't have premades in BfA beta lol