Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

in ur culture what is considered attractive or ugly?

is unibrow considered attractive or ugly? crooked noses? crooked teeth?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's Brazil so it just values traditional western attractive traits like a fit body and symetrical face, well-groomed body hair, a voice that won't scare the children, etc. Can vary by person - each one will value something more than the other.

Is this attractiveness in your country or uglyness...or both?

Dark skin, tattoos, piercings in places that's not ears and so on is considered ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's Brazil so it just values traditional western attractive traits like a fit body and symetrical face, well-groomed body hair, a voice that won't scare the children, etc. Can vary by person - each one will value something more than the other.
    Those are biologically attractive traits, not sociological ones. However the others are indeed based on culture.

Charlize Theron is considered attractive. She is also twice OP's size.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Most people in the West consider normal/slim, symmetry of the face, nice colored eyes, just enough makeup etc. to be attractive traits.

Mono-brows, crooked nose and crooked teeth, in the West at least, are NOT considered attractive to most.

Does any culture find those things attractive?

10+ Year Old Account
    It all depends. People find very basic superficial things attractive if they know little or nothing about said individuals. However like Pepsi beating Coke in a taste test. The results are misleading. Attractive quality is totally subjective. Oddly enough some of the most attractive people actually have serious flaws.

However because people get to know or think they are familiar with an individual along with peer pressure often molds how people think.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Some asian places think inward growing teeth are (to some degree) cute afaik, I personally find them abhorrent and I want to bolt some backets on them myself if I see that. Other shit like moles or downright warts above the lip also tend to be called sexy by some, always found that ruther ugly and would try to get that removed.

As for my country (Germany), personally I doubt we have many universal beauty ideals anymore. City trash for example seems to be into utterly disgusting flesh tunnels in their ears, and I weep a little bit inside whenever I see a beautiful woman that is forever marred by these. Same shit for tattoos, way too few people actually have good looking ones but some love that shit and in some sub-cultures it is pretty much expected. Degenerate hip-hop culture also has brought us the fat-ass fetish but people are still split on it overall. Things like a universl love for blondes is also debateble today, personally also not my first choice. Bit titts are still highly saught after across the board afaik, even if they end up being floppy bags or ugly looking fake ones, I don't get it personally as I think form > size.

Overall the preferences here are fleeting and change every couple of years or at least decades (I'd say we've finally moved past tanning for example) and also depend on location and subculture. Overall facial symmetry is still highly valued afaik as well as clean skin. Then we have obvious things here like decently formed teeth which are not too yellow. But that is pretty much it as far as universal beauty goes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Half decent capitalization and some basic effort put into one's writing is certainly among the top half.
    And the thread ended after 1 reply.

Medium tan skin is considered while lighter skin is considered unattractive

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    In Saudi Arabia where I come from. Men go crazy over women with a mole on the cheeks or under the nose. We even have thousands of pages of poetry hitting on women with a facial mole. I honestly don't know why :P

Wish I was Saudi and a woman cause i have the mole in the perfect spot ...Naaaaah I'm a dude and I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Dark skin, tattoos, piercings in places that's not ears and so on is considered ugly.
    Somehow, that doesn't surprise me as a devil chocolate man with a nose stud and tattoos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your question is waaaaay too broad Natto.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and while cultural beauty standards may differ from country to country, generally only you can decide who is attractive to you.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nuns way back in the day would cut off the ends of their noses to look less attractive and deter people from sexually harassing them. I think abnormal features have always been considered ugly.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

These things are broadly universal. When anthropologists study this, they find consistency in preferences - body shape, facial type, proportions, symmetry.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Maybe. If it is a sign of Wealth than yes. Not so long ago, fat men were considered sex symbols in Japan because fat indicated they had money to buy food and support a family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

If the media describes it as "brave" or "stunning", it usually means its ugly. Like "look at these stunning pictures of big beautiful girls who dont shave".