Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Whats the most Frenetic and Fast Paced spec in BfA?

From my experience (i only play 2 specs so my knowledge is minimal) is Outlaw Rogue once you turn on adrenaline rush.
    You have stupid amounts of energy regen and haste and its an insane spam of sinister strikes in hopes you dont cap energy.

From your experience what is the most frenetic and fast paced spec? And while we are at it...what is the slowest one?

depends on what you find "frenetic"

DH with demon's bite are GCD-locked and have an extremely high amount of haste, due to Meta giving 25% haste AND one of your strongest azerite trait giving you high amounts of haste after each eye beam.

frost DK with BoS talent and SPriest have similar "race against the resource-bar" mechanics where you have to constantly do the right stuff to stay ahead of your RP/insanity drain for as long as possible.
    press frost strike by accident during BoS and your dps is gone. so while frost DK APM is low, it still can feel frenetic to not drop those kind of things.

http://simulationcraft.org/reports/T23_Raid.html

there is a tab that lists actions per minute.
    note that high APM does not mean that those actions are always "meaningful".
    as a DH, a lot of your actions are Chaos strike or demon's bite, rather simple "build and spend" skills,
    while Outlaw has to decide whether or not to reroll buffs within a couple GCDs.

Fury is carpal tunnel inducing, and it's never the same button spammed like DH is....

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Fury is carpal tunnel inducing, and it's never the same button spammed like DH is....
    unless you get an addon to put the skills in a prio list, then you have 70% of fury rota in 1 button^^

Addon is called Gnome Sequence Enhanced, let's you build things similar to old cast-sequence macros

Use Rampage
    use Execute
    use raging blow
    use bloodthirst
    use whirlwind

the addon can work this list in order, you just put the new macro on mouse-wheel and scroll to win.
    each time you press the button, it tries to do the first action and cycles to the next option in the list.
    if you cannot rampage, but can execute, you press it 2 times and it will "fail" to do the rampage and go to execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    unless you get an addon to put the skills in a prio list, then you have 70% of fury rota in 1 button^^

Addon is called Gnome Sequence Enhanced, let's you build things similar to old cast-sequence macros

Use Rampage
    use Execute
    use raging blow
    use bloodthirst
    use whirlwind

the addon can work this list in order, you just put the new macro on mouse-wheel and scroll to win.
    each time you press the button, it tries to do the first action and cycles to the next option in the list.
    if you cannot rampage, but can execute, you press it 2 times and it will "fail" to do the rampage and go to execute.
    and... why would you want to do that? all the specs are already dumbed down enough as it is.

and... why would you want to do that? all the specs are already dumbed down enough as it is.
    its poor mans botting. just find something to slowly scroll the mouse wheel for you while you do other things in the raid
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

to do farm runs while drunk? xD
    i don't say i want to do it,just that it is a possibility.
    better than not using it and doing less than half the dps.

i have seen enough people who did so bad that a macro similar to what i posted would have been more helpful then all they could come up with while playing themself.

Something melee, and not a ranged stationary turret.

Healing Mythic on progression too.

See now I'm confused because I feel like Outlaw is the slowest spec in BFA that I've played so far.

Yeah you have Adrenaline rush...and that's it. They threw out the Curse of the Dreadblades which made Adrenaline Rush into that 1-2 punch that allowed you to really pull out the burst damage. The talented in abilities are so weak they don't even dent an enemy's health, maybe helping a little exclusively when paired with blade flurry on large groups, otherwise they're not even worth using.

Meanwhile my monk has me constantly hopping between abilities due to their mastery "don't use the same ability twice" and there's almost always a cooldown up to increase the pace further. It makes every fight comparatively fast paced, albeit makes me worse at pvping with it due to more to keep track of at once.

Even my BM hunter, which was previously the most dead boring class in the game, feels more engaging than my outlaw rogue just by the addition of one single basic rotation ability.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-05-17 at 05:24 PM.

Demon hunter is fast paced

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably fire mage, destroy lock, fury warrior, windwalker monk and havok demon hunter.
    Order for the first 3 is up to gear/talents.

Problem with DH, if you are a seasoned player, you might get sadly bored. That means that the class is super fun to play, but after a bit you might find yourself hitting it with acstick wondering, is that all you can do?
    Last edited by shise; 2019-05-17 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    See now I'm confused because I feel like Outlaw is the slowest spec in BFA that I've played so far.

Yeah you have Adrenaline rush...and that's it. They threw out the Curse of the Dreadblades which made Adrenaline Rush into that 1-2 punch that allowed you to really pull out the burst damage. The talented in abilities are so weak they don't even dent an enemy's health, maybe helping a little exclusively when paired with blade flurry on large groups, otherwise they're not even worth using.
    Maybe i have too much haste? Or maybe i am an old fart?
    I think the spec is so fast that i DONT pick the Talent of energy regen and more energy...i pick Deeper Stratagem for a slower paced spec :S
    EVen then i shit myself on Adrenaline Rush...the global cooldown is so low i press one too many Sinisters and go over the cap of combo points XD

I played a DH in mythic content and sit in the 2k ish brackets for PvP. I feel like with the amount of haste we get we are just spamming our asses off. Slowest for me seems like resto shaman in PvP. I've seen with certain traits now you can actually AFK heal.

enhancement shaman would probably qualify.
    not sure about the current state but when you specced into hot hands i think the talent is called and you got both stormstrike and lava lash lighting up at the same time it can get a bit crazy. especially as you're taught to always mash that stormstrike and now you've got another priority contender in the mix.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

5+ Year Old Account
    Fire mage for ranged, Fury warrior for melee. But only if you stack a metric ton of haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Use Rampage
    use Execute
    use raging blow
    use bloodthirst
    use whirlwind

So basically you scroll your mouse button and you win?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Use Rampage
    use Execute
    use raging blow
    use bloodthirst
    use whirlwind

Maybe if you want to end up with grey parses.

Anyway as to OP, Havoc is pretty spammy with high gear level as they love Haste and gain even more during Meta. Fury is also quite fast, albeit the current build doesn't favor Haste that much, but during Lust-Recklessness you're very much spamming the hell out of Rampage. For ranged specs Balance requires you to juggle DoTs, procs and a resource bar at the same time so you can end up with your hands full.

Just like the guy in 2nd post said, look at simc APM:

Oh thank you @kaminaris thats /thread pretty much ;D

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So basically you scroll your mouse button and you win?
    not really win, but to do better then taking 2-3 seconds each time to decide what skill to use.
    i know a lot of people who are so slow to decide what to press that they end up with 30% or more missed casts.