Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Schrodinger's Holocaust.
    Just because people put them into the same group doesn't make them the same group. That said this thread's pages now more then doubles the number of protesters...

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Fucking clearly it relates to Jews. Person I was replying to was asking why white supremacist (the neo-nazis) would target Jews if they were white. I just said explained why, it's not that hard
    That's the fucking joke.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    Just because people put them into the same group doesn't make them the same group. That said this thread's pages now more then doubles the number of protesters...
    You’ve made it clear which group you belong in, denier.

I'm still amazed that topics like this are actually newsworthy. This type of thing essentially ends up giving way more publicity to crazy people than they should ever deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Of course he did; it was started three decades earlier, and grew more of a necessity since desegregation and the CRA/VRA. The Nixon Administration knew it was an impregnable policy after the tumultuous sixties and the Warren and subsequent Berger SCOTUS. The Southern Strategy isn't a myth, and it is still used by all republican presidential candidates to this day. Nixon's own 1968 campaign strategy was a direct appeal to the "silent majority", segregationists and conservatives incensed by the "gross federal overreach" of desegregation and the civil rights movement, which were the initial pangs of enfranchisement of many constituencies in the US. Beyond Nixon, Reagan announced his candidacy at a Mississippi county fair championing the cause to re-invigorate states' rights, the same county in which black and white civil rights activists were murdered in cold blood less than two decades before, an event he completely glossed over in order to appeal to the conservatives (segregationists) in the south.

It was founded to bring the most punitive federal charges of the sale/consummation/trafficking of drugs in order to sell the republican "tough on crime" mantra which is still used by modern republican candidates to this day, which in reality meant crushing the lives of millions of Black Americans who were already subject to living in the most crime-ridden areas of the country due to segregationist policies. Why do you think marijuana is still a schedule 1 drug? Conservatives knew the incidence of drug use was higher in areas where black communities lived, because that is what happens to any human being that lives in a ghetto created by white segregationists (conservatives).

Conservatives (segregationists) left US cities in droves due to desegregation and the civil rights movement. White flight radically changed the economic and demographic landscape of all US cities, essentially encircling them to ensure economic isolation from white society. Local ordinances and governance has changed considerably, however it is still a monumental task to undo the hundred+ year old zoning changes from established heavy industrial businesses that fight local zoning law changes tooth and nail so they don't have to relocate.

Yes, recently southern cities have been undergoing massive change and an influx of millennial interest and cash due to the vast majority of them not ascribing the segregationist views of their grandparents and the "white flight" attitudes of their parents. Both northern/western/Central/South American immigration has helped both the south and the US as a whole to retain the productivity needed for our economy.

There was no racial segregation motivation for the interstate highway system, since that was before conservatives (segregationists) felt threatened and cornered by the "gross federal overreach" of desegregation and the civil rights movement. You are perpetuating a mythical black middle class population in this country. Prior to the protections provided to them in the CRA/VRA they were effectively huddled into the last quintile of income earners due to employer, banking, labor union, and housing discrimination.

Your last sentence is devoid of any understanding of the 2008 financial system crash, and can be rebutted with one sentence; Collateralized-debt obligations and the insurance policies bought by the investment banks underwritten by firms who were paid handsomely by the same investment banks holding the insurance policies against the CDOs in question.

Gerrymandering wasn't needed in conservative-controlled south due to Jim Crow and poll taxes, and more antiquated means of suppressing "coloreds" from voting such as mass lynchings, closing polling places, and throwing out all ballots from "certain" neighborhoods. Gerrymandering became a political necessity for conservatives (republicans) after the VRA due to the federal government now affording protections to minorities to ensure their civic liberties were protected, which ironically are still under attack in Ohio, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Tennessee. Conservatism is still incensed that the federal government has the gall to supersede state authority in ensuring all citizens have equal and unfettered access to voting and participating in democracy. Over 200 years of a myriad of ways of fighting federal authority to discriminate against black Americans, and you don't want to say it's not a cornerstone of US conservatism? Don't make me laugh harder.

You are historically ignorant if you believe Washington and Adams were anything but radical militant progressives, who precariously put their lives on the line to fight for democracy and self determination. They killed conservatives that pledged fealty to King George all throughout the south and mid-Atlantic and routed King George's army to ensure their children would not live under the conservative governance of the English Crown. Washington and Jefferson would share more common cause to the LGBTQ marchers of today than US conservatives fighting to limit voter participation and inhibiting the expansion of representatives in the house, and denying statehood to DC, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Samoa, Guam, and Northern Mariana.
    Conservatives view blacks as equals and aim for a government that treats all peoples equally
    Liberals believe blacks and other minorities are not equal and aim for a government that disproportionately helps them.

Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    Conservatives view blacks as equals and aim for a government that treats all peoples equally
    Liberals believe blacks and other minorities are not equal and aim for a government that disproportionately helps them.
    Well, they don't view gay people as equals, nor people in more-populous states. They clearly don't feel Muslims are equals, or brown foreigners...

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, they don't view gay people as equals, nor people in more-populous states. They clearly don't feel Muslims are equals, or brown foreigners...
    How do you figure all that?

What right has conservatism ever denied someone for being gay?
    What right has conservatism ever denied someone for being Muslim?
    What right has conservatism ever denied someone in a more populous state?

All foreigners are not our equals, they aren't in our country. Our governments job is to protect the freedom and liberty of the Citizens of this Country.

Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    How do you figure all that?

What right has conservatism ever denied someone for being gay?
    What right has conservatism ever denied someone for being Muslim?
    What right has conservatism ever denied someone in a more populous state?

All foreigners are not our equals, they aren't in our country. Our governments job is to protect the freedom and liberty of the Citizens of this Country.
    They banned gay marriage. That was way too easy.

Trump called for a complete ban on Muslims from entering the country. Since that was clearly unconstitutional, they simply pushed a ban on several Muslim nations.

The Electoral College is literally affirmative action against the more-populous states. A voter in Wyoming has more than three times the voting power of a voter in Texas or California.

Your last comment helps to make my point, when they want to decide who is worthy of being a citizen of this country.

Conservatives in this country are not conservatives at all, they are simply pushing a platform of homophobia, racism, and xenophobia.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I'm still amazed that topics like this are actually newsworthy. This type of thing essentially ends up giving way more publicity to crazy people than they should ever deserve.
    That's literally the point though. It's to keep perpetuating the whole narrative that white-supremacists are in huge numbers, on the rise and taking over US (thanks to Trump, obviously). It's not an accident that the original articles don't mention that it so few people.

Numbers in reality had been dwindling more and more. If anything is going to really cause a rise, it's the media building them up to be such a huge and legitimate thing all the time. Like who the fuck had even heard of Richard Spencer before the media tried to make him relevant?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    They banned gay marriage. That was way too easy.
    That was both the democrats and the republicans. Let's not forget that Obama and Hillary were against gay marriage not to long ago.

Trump called for a complete ban on Muslims from entering the country. Since that was clearly unconstitutional, they simply pushed a ban on several Muslim nations.
    Only certain countries. Thus it's not a full on complete muslim ban. Why lie about something that's so easy to prove? Mother fucking liars. I swear...

The Electoral College is literally affirmative action against the more-populous states. A voter in Wyoming has more than three times the voting power of a voter in Texas or California.
    The electoral college is there to protect people who aren't part of the larger collective. We figured out a long time ago that mob mentality is bad. So we created a system to combat that. It's not the best system, but it has a purpose.

Your last comment helps to make my point, when they want to decide who is worthy of being a citizen of this country.
    Every country does this. You don't have the right to live wherever you want.

Conservatives in this country are not conservatives at all, they are simply pushing a platform of homophobia, racism, and xenophobia.
    "Progressives" in this country are not progressive at all, they are simply pushing a platform of segregation, racism against white people, and hatred of ideas that are not part of their insane bubble. I could go on and on about how fucked up the radical left is in this country, but I simple don't have the time to argue with someone that's openly willing to lie like you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    That was both the democrats and the republicans. Let's not forget that Obama and Hillary were against gay marriage not to long ago.

Only certain countries. Thus it's not a full on complete muslim ban. Why lie about something that's so easy to prove? Mother fucking liars. I swear...

The electoral college is there to protect people who aren't part of the larger collective. We figured out a long time ago that mob mentality is bad. So we created a system to combat that. It's not the best system, but it has a purpose.

Every country does this. You don't have the right to live wherever you want.

"Progressives" in this country are not progressive at all, they are simply pushing a platform of segregation, racism against white people, and hatred of ideas that are not part of their insane bubble. I could go on and on about how fucked up the radical left is in this country, but I simple don't have the time to argue with someone that's openly willing to lie like you are.
    I never said it was just "conservatives" who did it. They just happened to be the driving force behind the ban on gay marriage.

As for the Muslim ban, you are saying the same thing I said.

The Electoral College is affirmative action for rural states. Period. The math does not lie. That "system" literally gives more power to rural states,a nd takes it away from voters in more-populous states.

And in this country, conservatives are pushing racism and xenophobia in their immigration stance... one that is rather authoritarian. Trying to say that other countries are also pushing racism and xenophobia does not change what it is.

You can knock progressives all you want, be my guest. After all, I'm an actual small-government conservative, surrounded by frauds and liars.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has gone way off topic and is no longer even close to the news story about chanting white supremacists, but has devolved into mostly race discussions, which are against the rules. Closing this here.

CLOSED.