Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Stupid ass writer says something that can be interpreted as "Tyrande never appears again and Teldrassil storyline is over" when she's just explaining why Tyrande isn't in Nazjatar.

People freak out.

Nothing else to see here.
    Tyrande not being in Nazjatar is big enough to freak out about. The fact that they want to sell the idea that she "had her revenge" because she killed a few random forsaken mooks is only an extra kick in the nuts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Wasnt there a cinematic where malfurion said "Tell her WE ARE COMING!"

Did i miss something?
    Did something happen after that cinematic?

I was kinda under the impression that the Night Elves vs Horde/Sylvanas counterattack is coming up and wasnt even implemented in the game.

And yet blizzard said its all over and done for already?
    What?
    You are missing the fact that Blizzard loathes Night Elves and is reluctant to make them relevant unless it is to turn them into Horde punching bags.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you bring back the NE ferocity from WC3 and power up Tyrande to just forsake that later?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Moreso just don't want to know when you reply to me, but sure. It wasn't meant to be a question at you - I'd rather continue not hearing from you.

And this is why. You do realize we're over text, right?

Sarcasm doesn't translate over text, but feel free to take the highroad over it anyway as I know you will since you always do.
    Right. Sarcasm doesn't translate over text in case of me saying how someone that was a fucking child during WotA "makes sense" as a character to conclude Night Elves vs Azshara story in place of Tyrande, the person that was the leader of Night Elf resistance back then and actually, I dunno, interacted with Azshara and has history with her. If you need people to spell things out for you even in such obvious cases and you need to put them on ignore when they "take the highroad" by not spoonfeeding you such warnings (I don't even), then I don't know what to tell you other than lol.

Continuing in the lol vein, out of curiosity I went out and checked when you put me on ignore the first time. Our last exchange constited of you talking complete bullshit about Warbringers: Sylvanas in which you twisted the chronology of events and outright made shit up about it, me pointing out the proper chronology of events and you not providing any counterarguments to defend your point. Oh, well, ignoring people when one argued themselves into a hole and can't actually provide counterarguments in favor of their claims is pretty much par for the course for people who feel the need to make it public how they've ignored someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Why would you bring back the NE ferocity from WC3 and power up Tyrande to just forsake that later?
    Not really that they did that with 8.1. They teased that, but Tyrande's powerup only serves to make her competent enough to kill one plot device out of several that Sylvanas has. And that's with the help of the world's most powerful Archdruid.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fuck is blizzard on?
    How does “canonically” taking back land that was stolen from them, is anywhere near losing the majority of their race.
    Never mind that a good amount of their race decided to instantly join the fraction that murdered them.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Night Elves are boring and suck. For a moment, when they announced 7.1, I thought, that maybe Blizzard would return to the concepts laid out with Warcraft III and expand on them. But instead a sizeable chunk of the remaining purple bastards switches sides and their leader gets a power up, that amounts to her not even being able to defeat some Human Ranger, while the most powerful Druid fights by her side. And the campaign to retake their homeland? It ends with a stalemate. And now it is stated that this was the Night Elves big moment in the spotlight and that their leader got revenge. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    It should've been a handful of elves at best, instead it's going to be like the Void Elves again with their "crack squad" and then suddenly materializing entire armies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Wasnt there a cinematic where malfurion said "Tell her WE ARE COMING!"

Did i miss something?
    Did something happen after that cinematic?

I was kinda under the impression that the Night Elves vs Horde/Sylvanas counterattack is coming up and wasnt even implemented in the game.

And yet blizzard said its all over and done for already?
    What?
    The Warfront happens after that, as I understand it.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did they get revenge? When?

Undercity I wouldn't class as a win either side. Sure the Horde lost Undercity but it wasn't a strong outcome and the Night Elves didn't really do anything then. Yes the Night Elves returned to Darkshore and Tyrande became empowered, but she didn't really do that much. The Warfront has no real narrative impact as it swings both ways and the Night Elves lost even more people and had half of them raised against them.

So where did they get revenge? They lost more people, Sylvanas got Night Elves, Darkshore is still contested (and a wreck from Cataclysm). Sylvanas is still in control of the Horde and the Forsaken are now in Ogrimmar/Zuldazar.

It's a very terrible explanation. I don't really play Night Elves but their story right now has no solid conclusion to me. I would still say they were wrecked.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

5+ Year Old Account
    Even in the quote you posted, it doesn't say she left.

It says she left Maiev in charge. Which, in my opinion, is why the Horde fight Maiev INSTEAD of Tyrande.

I had hope that it meant she'd be dealing with Azshara in the next patch.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that was true, as she's NOT in the Azshara patch.

So she's not fighting in the warfront, not fighting Azshara, not fighting Sylvanas in the war... Where the fuck is Tyrande??? She took the night warrior transformation and fucked right off?
    Well, she killed some Forsaken footmen and then a Val'kyr. That is really exhausting. Maybe she is taking a well deserved vacation together with her husband at the Steam Pools Resort in Feralas. She got her revenge, it is time to relaxe.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Who else thinks, "It was all just a dream!" would be a viable path to go down for BfA and its entire plot? Anyone?
    I'd settle for Caverns of Time instance... except when we're supposed to defeat Malfurion to preserve the timeline, Chromie shows up and tells us to kill Sylvanas instead. Bonus points if we get to blast Nathanos with the Vindicaar.

Part two/alternative version could have Dark Rangers actually show their "free will" and ambush him while he's gloating at Tyrande, killing both him and the Val'kyr.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-05-15 at 10:11 PM.

Elune should destroy an entire Horde city. Then she'll have her revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Kinda makes ya miss Argus, huh?
    Argus is far better than all of BFA. Simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one thing to humiliate the most historic race after draenei... I dont mind that.
    But to say that this was somehow "revenge" for Teldrassil.. is laughable.

Malfurion, humiliated...
    Tyrande humiliated...
    Now they tried to boost her a little bit.. but what did they expect with a name such as "the night warrior" ??
    Might as well have called her "Super Dark Shadow Thunder Wizard". Same 4yo-inspired crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Elune should destroy an entire Horde city. Then she'll have her revenge.
    nah, the horde will just take half of ally territories, then tera-form some entire zone into the horde symbol again.

Since vanilla the Night Elves are useless : They submit to humans despite hating magic and being xenophobic because they can't retake Ashenvale alone.
    Yet not only the Horde remained in Ashenvale but they slaughter Night elves regulary, and even took Hyjal.
    Meanwhile Malfurion and Tyrande attend to Thrall's wedding in Hyjal, Tyrande is dreaming about Varian who is saving her ass in Ashenvale and teaching her about how to fight, etc.
    The only purpose of this race is for Human RP who want a pretty wife.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    And with that the last ounce of care I had for Warcraft leaves. I guess we should have seen it coming from a narrative view but to hear one of the Devs consider it actually done when we literally only got step 1 just, blows my mind.

Even in the quote you posted, it doesn't say she left.

It says she left Maiev in charge. Which, in my opinion, is why the Horde fight Maiev INSTEAD of Tyrande.

I had hope that it meant she'd be dealing with Azshara in the next patch.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that was true, as she's NOT in the Azshara patch.

So she's not fighting in the warfront, not fighting Azshara, not fighting Sylvanas in the war... Where the fuck is Tyrande??? She took the night warrior transformation and fucked right off?
    Did you even read that? They kill the val'kyr, and fly back to Zoram Strand to regroup. While on the way Tyrande puts Maiev in charge of the war in Darkshore. So they both leave to Zoram Strand, which is in Ashenvale btw, Maiev is put in charge, so she rallies the forces that the night elves use to reclaim Darkshore, beginning the tug of war of the warfront.

Are you always this impatient with the story? When you're reading a book and your favorite character isn't present in the chapter are you spending the whole time angrily mentally yelling at the author "Why the fuck isn't my favorite character here, doing this thing. Why are they somewhere else, preparing to do some other thing that I'll read about in a later chapter?"

lmao, called it. I said that the afterthought that was Darkshore will be all we get to see of Teldrassil and its fate, and it will hang like a stale fart for years to come.

What's that? The Horde massacred almost the entirety of the night elf population? Heck yeah, time to get revenge by...fighting back a little?
    As far as I know the night elves didn't even canonically win the battle for Darkshore. The warfront still exists. We also don't really know a single thing about Tyrande's shitty anime transformation, or what's going on with the forsaken night elves, or...

Yeah. Story sucks. The entire night elf part of BfA feels like a really terrible afterthought and just another excuse for some writer at Blizzard to fulfill their "night elves get shit on by the Horde" quota.
    I don't really like night elves, and I've never really cared for them honestly. But I feel really bad for anyone who ever cared about them because they've spent the entirety of WoW's history going from badass forest amazons to the Horde's whipping boys.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Did you even read that? They kill the val'kyr, and fly back to Zoram Strand to regroup. While on the way Tyrande puts Maiev in charge of the war in Darkshore. So they both leave to Zoram Strand, which is in Ashenvale btw, Maiev is put in charge, so she rallies the forces that the night elves use to reclaim Darkshore, beginning the tug of war of the warfront.

Are you always this impatient with the story? When you're reading a book and your favorite character isn't present in the chapter are you spending the whole time angrily mentally yelling at the author "Why the fuck isn't my favorite character here, doing this thing. Why are they somewhere else, preparing to do some other thing that I'll read about in a later chapter?"
    The problem here is, there is no later chapter according to the interview that's being discussed here. The book is over, no more story to be told and most people didn't actually get the vibe that there was much story to the Nightelves after being decimated and then starting their attack. Emphasis on 'starting'.

Is Sylvanas dead? Not since I last checked, and not on PTR so no,Tyrande didn't get "her revenge." Not that I give a shit about Tyrande getting her revenge. It's more like night elf vengeance.

Yes... And Tyrande goes where?

Think real hard about this one, because she's not in 8.2, she's not in the warfront, she hasn't appeared through the rest of BfA... All of the stories which would make sense for her to be a part of, she's not present at.

So where the fuck is she? I have every right to question this, given that all the stories she SHOULD be at, she ISN'T.

Because unlike reading a book, where I know I will see that character again, this is Warcraft.

Blizzard is known to use a character for one thing, then never return to it. Remember when Varian taught Tyrande patience, and the backlash that came with that? (Understandably so, because why the fuck is a less-than-50-year-old-human lecturing a 10,000+ year old leader?) Remember when Blizzard taught the Horde the lessons of Pandaria, that we will always be stronger together than we are apart?

Tyrande got her moment. Now the writers are tired of the INSANE amounts of "Night Elf Lore" they gave in this expansion, and it's time to return to good old Human Potential - Because it makes SO MUCH MORE SENSE for the humans and undead to go deal with the FORMER LEADER OF THE NIGHT ELVES! Of course! /s
    All you've done is doubled down on what I said. "My favorite character isn't present where I want her to be, therefore the story is bad. Who cares what they have planned for her to do in the future. She's not in the story doing what I think she should be doing therefore bad."

- - - Updated - - -

Yes... And Tyrande goes where?

Think real hard about this one, because she's not in 8.2, she's not in the warfront, she hasn't appeared through the rest of BfA... All of the stories which would make sense for her to be a part of, she's not present at.

So where the fuck is she? I have every right to question this, given that all the stories she SHOULD be at, she ISN'T.

Because unlike reading a book, where I know I will see that character again, this is Warcraft.

Blizzard is known to use a character for one thing, then never return to it. Remember when Varian taught Tyrande patience, and the backlash that came with that? (Understandably so, because why the fuck is a less-than-50-year-old-human lecturing a 10,000+ year old leader?) Remember when Blizzard taught the Horde the lessons of Pandaria, that we will always be stronger together than we are apart?

Tyrande got her moment. Now the writers are tired of the INSANE amounts of "Night Elf Lore" they gave in this expansion, and it's time to return to good old Human Potential - Because it makes SO MUCH MORE SENSE for the humans and undead to go deal with the FORMER LEADER OF THE NIGHT ELVES! Of course! /s
    We don't know where she goes, because we haven't gotten to that part of the story yet. That's not bad, but you're treating it like it is.

I remember the patience thing. Tyrande has always had a problem with charging ahead without thinking. Remember when she killed people on her own side against Malfurion's orders to free Illidan? I remember her in WC3. Her character reveal quote was "No one but Elune may deny ME anything." Varian, on the other hand, learned the hard work in the gladiator arena and thereafter how badly that can screw you up. And yet people see "human teaches 10,000 year old something lol" and stop thinking.

Also, the lesson of Pandaria wasn't that the two were stronger together. It was that they became stronger because they were always competing. A one world government juggernaut (which was what Wrathion was going for) would be less effective than two groups honed to a razor's edge from fighting one another.

Wow, dude. You are seriously jaded. You actually seem to believe that the Blizz writers sit around the table twirling their moustaches plotting with each other "What new way can we destroy the night elves to make humans look better. The naga are a problem for everyone, and with Darkshore going on it makes sense that they don't have the manpower to devote to a large-scale invasion of Nazjatar. I'm sure we'll see Tyrande soon enough. Not seeing her right now doesn't preclude her from appearing later.

I think the Activision lay offs didn't hit the people deserved to be kicked out sadly. This only shows how bad and stupid the narrative team is. They don't know their own lore, and i'm not talking about some hidden specific character from long ago. They didn't know even what they did a few months ago with some major characters, it's just pieces of nonsense one after another. The worst part is we are mid expansion cicle, worse things are coming for sure.