Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    They've already discussed this multiple times on how they're preventing it from being an issue. They've made graphs and blogs and interviews detailing it.
    There's no such thing as a silver bullet to prevent bugs.

classic haters are so desperate

Give me WC3:R, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clownpenisfart View Post
    There's no such thing as a silver bullet to prevent bugs.
    I'm not calling it a silver bullet, but there's a difference between "these are bugs, lets fix them" and "the numbers for the database are all wrong".

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvestra View Post
    classic haters are so desperate
    For it to go live, so I can open any classic forums around and enjoy an endless amount of schadenfreude as I read all the whining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I'm not calling it a silver bullet, but there's a difference between "these are bugs, lets fix them" and "the numbers for the database are all wrong".
    I was talking about bugs in the code, not in the database. And yes, bugs can and will cause subtle and very context specific discrepancies. Not that it matters much since people will rely on unreliable memories (from various points throughout vanilla during which big changes were patched in, I must add) to tell whether it is working right or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    He's level 6, and yeah it was possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that was my point. Shaman leveling looks like: Open with a Shock/LB, possibly add a fire totem, auto-attack while you regen.

Especially at pre-10 levels regen is (and was) a non-issue.
    You also need strength of earth totem and rockbiter than you just auto and win.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    What if you waited 15 years for a grilled burger and you got a fried burger. Still pretty good but not what they asked or waited for. I understand displeasment 100% here, question is if they are correct or if they remember wrong.

But if there has been changes between vanilla and classic, I urge everyone to boycot this. That is IF there are changes.
    No, they weren't the only one who asked for it. There are some changes that are necessary for the experience. They consider layering a deal breaker even though it's only for couple of weeks to avoid unpleasant player experience.

The very fact that they whine on this issue tells me that they are bitter angry little children.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    In Twitch chats and in the general chat in the beta zones, I'm already seeing a ton of comments from warped elitists about how this isn't like actual classic. One guy has said mana/health regen is too high, another has said player damage is too high, I even saw another dude say that the aggro ranges are off.

Aggro ranges.
    Really.

What Classic did people play?
    Im not saying any of them are wrong, but u seem to have no clue urself by saying "Aggro ranges. Really." Do you not think Aggro ranges are relevant and important? if that is the case then you are one dumb fucknugget. Aggro ranged dictate levelling especially, but also how raids are being handled. If the aggro ranges are too short AOE farming on mages becomes a shit ton harder as u need to run through more mobs take more hits, before you can pull the entire group of mobs u want to AOE.

Difficulty of warriors and rogues while levelling will go up and down by large margins based on Aggro ranges, they are extraordinarily bad at fighting multiple mobs at the same time. and being in the middle of a humanoid encapment where you are at great risk of pulling more mobs, as well as pulling more mobs once the humanoid starts running away has a lot of impact on the gameplay.

So excuse me If I've misunderstood you, as i can see you are belittling something that you clearly do not understand, and that is fucking embarassing. you're that guy challenging psyhologists in public because your girlfriends told you that Women matured faster than Men so the educated psychologist must be wrong.

all of the things mentioned have a big impact on the game, wether they are correct or not is a different story, I do not know and they don't either. but there are some things that seem off, such as watching sodapoppin do 5% of a mobs health bar in damage, and the guards doing the lasat 95% yet he is able to loot the mob.

People will always cry because they played on a Private server where the aggro range was smaller, or bigger, or the health regen from spirit was wrong, and they are fucking retarded as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    imagine being salty about other people being happy. the irony about calling others scum while saying what you said makes me think it was a troll post, or at least i hope it was...
    nope not trolling. classic shouldve never become a thing and blizzard shouldve never caved to the private server scum. all they have done for years is bitch about live with rarely ever playing the game. they deserve all the shit that comes there way. i would rather blizzard attack every single private server community and shut them down. people need to stop living in the past and when talking about classic they glorify as this thing that it never was. There were so many issues with the game back then in many aspects and yet they ignore it. This is not to say the current game is perfect, it has many flaws as every iteration of the game has had.

People having nostalgia glasses and have slightly altered their view of how classic was? Nah... perfect memory.

Is the pace of the game classic like? Are the numerbs similarly tweaked as they were before? Is the gameplay essencially there? If yes was the response to the 3 of them then we're good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Is the pace of the game classic like? Are the numerbs similarly tweaked as they were before? Is the gameplay essencially there? If yes was the response to the 3 of them then we're good to go!
    Pretty much the same, aye.

I was watching Asmongold play and holy shit... I don't miss any of the classic leveling stuff.

I do look forward to the lvl 60 endgame, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    People having nostalgia glasses and have slightly altered their view of how classic was? Nah... perfect memory.
    For some people this is true, especially those who played on private servers where WoW was altered so much that they wanted private severs WoW and not vanilla WoW. But most people I see are loving classic... Including my sister who quit WoW in MoP
    "Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat—that's the key" - Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    For some people this is true, especially those who played on private servers where WoW was altered so much that they wanted private severs WoW and not vanilla WoW. But most people I see are loving classic... Including my sister who quit WoW in MoP
    Yeah ofc. Just that we as humans tend to make old memories more pretty than they are. Same as we all remember playing old games and how awesome they looked and then you play them 20 years later and you notice, it's still awesome, but not as pretty as you thought it was.

In Twitch chats and in the general chat in the beta zones, I'm already seeing a ton of comments from warped elitists about how this isn't like actual classic. One guy has said mana/health regen is too high, another has said player damage is too high, I even saw another dude say that the aggro ranges are off.

Aggro ranges.
    Really.

The one when they were teens/pre-teens, and everything was new, fresh, and perhaps the first MMORPG they'd come across with. Now they're all grown up, dulled and greyed out by the mundane reality of adulthood and the same game they played all those years ago doesn't feel fresh and awesome.

Did vanilla change? No, they changed.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    nope not trolling. classic shouldve never become a thing and blizzard shouldve never caved to the private server scum. all they have done for years is bitch about live with rarely ever playing the game. they deserve all the shit that comes there way. i would rather blizzard attack every single private server community and shut them down. people need to stop living in the past and when talking about classic they glorify as this thing that it never was. There were so many issues with the game back then in many aspects and yet they ignore it. This is not to say the current game is perfect, it has many flaws as every iteration of the game has had.
    While ita true some issues exist with classic id say bfa and modern has more,greater issues

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    What if you waited 15 years for a grilled burger and you got a fried burger. Still pretty good but not what they asked or waited for. I understand displeasment 100% here, question is if they are correct or if they remember wrong.

But if there has been changes between vanilla and classic, I urge everyone to boycot this. That is IF there are changes.
    The memory about a Game 15 yrs ago vs. Copy pastad Game Code. My Bet is on the latter lol.

Aggro ranges.
    Really.

They could very well be right. That's why it's in Beta... people are testing it and definitely finding bugs and inconsistencies. I can see why some might be apprehensive about kist how much they will "allow" to be off from Classic. They want a true to Classic experience and from what I've seen... it's going to be great.

But Blizz has an actual 1.12 server build in operation to refer to as they get these reports.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    While ita true some issues exist with classic id say bfa and modern has more,greater issues
    Then you weren't paying attention when you played in vanilla. there were many issues regarding specs, itemization, balancing, mechanics, questing, annoying ass grind that was pointless etc. People talk about the game being hard back then all the time. Shit wasn't hard and if you forgot WoW was always considered a casual MMO. Hardest thing about it was that blizz literally had no idea how to balance raids at the time and they later admitted to this and did a lot better going forward for the most part.

It was good for the time, but shit changes and evolves. Current game has issues, like blizz only using expansion areas instead of the entire world (an issue since BC), some specs feel messed up for people (though to me who has been playing the same fury warrior since vanilla, i believe it to be ones of the best iterations of it), not enough story content, artifact re-grind (fixed in 8.2), no non-raid way to gear progress effectively and targetted (fixed in 8.2), WQs needing more depth and being to spread out, and professions being shit lately and a couple of other things in open world. Content however is still good, raids are good, dungeons are good (except motherlode lol) warmode is fantastic, love the wars ive gotten into for hours, etc.

Asmongold is streaming Classic in Loch moden on Twitch ..Now

He already has 60,000 viewers...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The most obvious question is this: Even if you played Classic 15 years ago...can you still actually remember how high health regen and far aggro ranges were? Probably not from then....BUT you may remember from the private server you played. And instead of doubting their PS experience they would rather doubt Blizzard. Sad.

And just to be clear: I did play Classic 15 years ago...i never played a private server. And the only thing i remember from regen in classic is that it was basically non-existant after lvl10 unless you wore a lot of spirit.
    Same, but I seem to remember there was a stat that was like mana over 5 seconds that healers wore. I believe it actually said like "36 mana over 5 seconds" or something like that as a property of the items that people used....anyway I was an undead Rogue in Vanilla and I haven't played one since....so I really can't remember.

I do remember farming though. Ah the farming.