Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Respawns are too quick too.

I called this a while ago. Nostalgia is great an all, but it really destroys what the experience was actually like because it becomes warped. A particular example that comes to mind is my brother remembering Final Fantasy VII as a high-quality game (it was when it came out). He finally went back and played it on his PS1 a few weeks back and said, "Shit this isn't what I remember."

TL;DR: "Shit, this isn't what I remember." = Classic, even though it is what it was.

For one most of the people saying "i dont remember this" are private server players comparing a pirated version of a game to the real one lol, of course stuff is going to be different.

Secondly as much as i love vanilla WoW i knew it would be a bad stream game and have been telling people that.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    Honestly, these comments are inevitable.

I was watching some streams just now and I gotta say - I think this might flop. Now hold on before you jump on my throat.

I am anxious to try classic - really I am. I was there back in 2004. But watching these streams... watching a druid cast Wrath and use 1/3 of their Mana. Watching casters literally have to swing staves in auto attack.

I realize some of that goes away with level - not not for a loooonnggg time in classic. I guess that's what people want - but watching it again in stream... yea I Am not as excited as I was. *shrug*
    tbf druid is probably one of the worst early-game offenders. AA in rotation is classic in a nutshell.

Nostalgia is a bitch, nothing is ever as you remember it because memories become jaded and old experience often beats new exploration every time without a conscious choice of open-mindedness towards a new experience/establishing new relations. Re-spawns, level-speed etc. were terribly mixed back then, I'm curious how they're going to tune it in this round.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-05-16 at 02:04 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Even if they have 1.12 data, they are running servers based on BFA-era. Thus, the code that uses this data can be different and this may cause the discrepancies people are complaining about (but many people probably remembers incorrectly anyway).

Because it is? You can literally just zone out of sticky situations and reset mob respawn timers now lol.

People are going to be pissed when they see how much easier it makes the game, especially with addons to abuse it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    I called this a while ago. Nostalgia is great an all, but it really destroys what the experience was actually like because it becomes warped. A particular example that comes to mind is my brother remembering Final Fantasy VII as a high-quality game (it was when it came out). He finally went back and played it on his PS1 a few weeks back and said, "Shit this isn't what I remember."

TL;DR: "Shit, this isn't what I remember." = Classic, even though it is what it was.
    I mean people really like old school runescape, so there is at least a segment of the population that really legit likes the old stuff better. There are also people who would just rather have Vanilla than BFA, which is a sentiment I can certainly understand because BFA is shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    We are in this thread with Elba, therefore we are all Elba.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The most obvious question is this: Even if you played Classic 15 years ago...can you still actually remember how high health regen and far aggro ranges were? Probably not from then....BUT you may remember from the private server you played. And instead of doubting their PS experience they would rather doubt Blizzard. Sad.
    Video capturing technology didn't exist back then? Obviously not being serious here. What you're saying is MOST likely true, but I've had monsters follow me an entire zone. We used to kite raid bosses and elites to org and stormwind. Aggro ranges might be off like they said. I don't know though because I'm just assuming what they said.

And just to be clear: I did play Classic 15 years ago...i never played a private server. And the only thing i remember from regen in classic is that it was basically non-existant after lvl10 unless you wore a lot of spirit.
    So did I and I can prove it in a multitude of ways. I never recorded myself playing the game, but I'm in several videos for PvP and PvE content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    At what level though, because that's the major factor. Also what class.
    That was absolutely not possible back then, unless he's like level 2.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    Even if they have 1.12 data, they are running servers based on BFA-era. Thus, the code that uses this data can be different and this may cause the discrepancies people are complaining about (but many people probably remembers incorrectly anyway).
    They also have a genuine 1.12 client and server set up for checking things. By far the majority of discrepancies is likely due to faulty human memory, not technical issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    That was absolutely not possible back then, unless he's like level 2.
    So it's not impossible at all?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So it's not impossible at all?
    Where did I utter the words "impossible under all circumstances"? I said not possible unless X, so FUCKING OBVIOUSLY I know it's possible under X circumstance.

jesus christ learn to read.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I am enjoying the shattering of rose colored glasses already.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

These comments are the point of beta. If there is an oversight, which there likely are many, devs cross reference to make consistent with the internal copy of 1.12.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I am enjoying the shattering of rose colored glasses already.
    Or maybe it's a beta for a reason, so people can, you know, test these things and iron out the discrepancies... That's what beta is for.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-05-16 at 02:21 AM.

Or maybe it's a beta for a reason, so people can, you know, test these things and iron out the discrepancies... That's what beta is for.
    Missed the point entirely about people rushing to remember something new they played in 2004 and then not actually being like they remembered.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

You don't have rose tinted glasses. You have rose tinted Goggle on and they're on pretty tight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Is there any streamer streaming this that doesnt look like Waluigi or a neckbeard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    For one most of the people saying "i dont remember this" are private server players comparing a pirated version of a game to the real one lol, of course stuff is going to be different.

Secondly as much as i love vanilla WoW i knew it would be a bad stream game and have been telling people that.
    Hi there - could you please provide some details on how you came to know this information?

- - - Updated - - -

You are right. And thankfully, Blizzard have a fantastic track record of taking player feedback, and acting on issues presented by their testers. Thats why they made sweeping changes to the classes and azurite systems during BfA beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I mean people really like old school runescape, so there is at least a segment of the population that really legit likes the old stuff better. There are also people who would just rather have Vanilla than BFA, which is a sentiment I can certainly understand because BFA is shit.
    Yeah, that's true. I know plenty of people that enjoy Classic more. However, a high majority of people I know remember Classic for what it is rather than what everyone on the internet tries to tell everyone it is. I know they'll enjoy Classic because of just that. The internet, on the other hand, is going to stop playing because "this isn't how it was" even though it's exactly how it was. It's actually fascinating to me to observe.

Think about the content most people are looking at when they watch WoW on Twitch. Leveling is about the most boring content you can watch. Classic leveling is even slower and more monotonous. I don't think its going to be that popular for live streams. I will enjoy playing it, though.

Low-level regen was super high in vanilla. For proof, here is the low-level part the famous Joana 1-60 speedrun videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTSy...hF7kB_&index=2