Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Sylvanas knows there is dissent among her ranks. Baine proved that. And she knows that Thrall is one very respected orc among the Horde races, not just the orcs. And she probably knows that Thrall would heavily disapprove of her methods and tactics. If those dissenters got Thrall to join them, that'd bring a lot of legitimacy to them.

So it's a logical decision to have Thrall be offed.
    Thrall is also one of the few Horde Leaders that the alliance has any respect for as well even if both sides never truly seen eye to eye with each other
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Whether they followed Saurfang or not - they tried to kill Thrall on behalf of Sylv. They didn't just see Thrall there (their old warchief), and decide that since Saurfang came to talk to him then they would kill both.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    Yeah, even Thrall would have shoved doomhammer up Baines ass for suggesting surrender right after the alliance kills the king of your new ally.
    Would he? Considering he's one that always advocated for peace as well. Keep in mind that, if Thrall was with the Horde from the beginning, there would be no need to "shove Doomhammer up Baine's ass" because he would have done that to Sylvanas first for even suggesting going to war with the Alliance. But if not then, he'd have done so when she burned Teldrassil.

But if not then, he'd have done so when she burned Teldrassil.
    She's not dumb, she wouldn't have burned Teldrassil or waged war without the Warchief title. She would have got one of her cronies to do it, say they went rogue and made them the scapegoat while leaving herself squeaky clean.

#wrathgate2.0

Saurfang could be lying you know.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    The whole thing makes no sense. So he KNEW they were there and let them attack him? Sorry, but he lied and they did follow him. It's the only logical explanation unless he wanted them to possibly kill Thrall to make him a martyr to rally around.
    Saurfang allowed Sylvanas' Dark Rangers to follow him and lead them to Thrall to spur him into action. If Saurfang just came to Thrall and asked him for help, he would have refused his call for aid. By forcing Thrall to see that he, and his family, are in danger, and that there is no hiding from Sylvanas (who is likely going after Thrall at this point as a way to kill ANY who could possibly be a threat to her rule as Warchief), he was able to spur him to action.

Saurfang took a calculated risk that paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    I didn't immediately recognize the brand under the eye. Was it a V?
    V as in Voss. Or maybe the V is actually an U, as in Uncrowned, who claim to be "the slayers of kings, the downfall of empires, the unseen blades that write the true history of this world."

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetric View Post
    V as in Voss. Or maybe the V is actually an U, as in Uncrowned, who claim to be "the slayers of kings, the downfall of empires, the unseen blades that write the true history of this world."
    Did you really need to necro a three-month old thread?

Oh, wait. Brand new 1-post account. The necro was intentional and I fell for it. Nevermind. Mods? Lock this thread please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zionus View Post
    To my knowledge (Alliance player here, so maybe missed something) Thrall has had practically no involvement or affiliation with Horde affairs in quite some time. In fact he's even on a different world to further disconnect himself from his past life.

Horde players who saw this, what were your thoughts? I don't think she's Garrosh or Lich King 2.0, but I definitely see parallels.

Not looking to cause arguments or say one side is better. Simply interested in opinions from the others side.
    If her grand plan is to reunite the Horde and Alliance (going off of Shadowlands leak and speculation from what the developers' plans are to get rid of the constant faction warfare that means no plotline advacement), she has to make sure the Horde has a leader that they can all rally behind. Who better than the main OG that started it? Sure he felt he messed up, but he is the best choice to be able to rekindle Horde/Alliance teamwork.

Now he can be there to save Baine, and then he will likely believe Sylvanas would attack TB (hence the cinematic after saving him) so she can perform her feint.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Oh, wait. Brand new 1-post account. The necro was intentional and I fell for it. Nevermind. Mods? Lock this thread please?
    I just came across this thread. I took a break from the game after reading the speculations that Sylvanas might be killed off. And without her, there is no Forsaken.

But back to the identity of those rogues, as mentioned earlier by some of the posters, those two wouldn't have any chance against either Saurfang or Thrall. If sylvanas wanted them dead, she'd send her elite deathstalkers.

Sylvannas wantg to kill Thrall, thats why she send two of her most efficient rogue , Random John and Random Joe.
    Make perfect sense

You do realize the General Discussion board has been moving incredibly slowly these past several months and that this thread was only on page 3, right?

Well if it's not getting locked, as far as other stuff to talk about, who do you think Sylvanas will stupidly try to kill next?

I'm banking hard on the player. It's the only way to unite the loyalist+traitor players for one finale without killing one off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetric View Post
    For goodness sake, really? Neither of those have ever been established to have those markings and they were in no way hinted at. What the hell would Voss have against Thrall?

Voss: Yes, despite me being clearly present as a representative of the forsaken among the "honorable horde" members alongside Rexxar, I attempted to kill Thrall and Saurfang for no reason! Bwa ha ha!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Well if it's not getting locked, as far as other stuff to talk about, who do you think Sylvanas will stupidly try to kill next?

I'm banking hard on the player. It's the only way to unite the loyalist+traitor players for one finale without killing one off.
    Depends on what the devs want. Villify or redeem. Alleria in the former case and Azshara in the latter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

probably lorthemar again, or someone that make even Nathanos turn on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    probably lorthemar again, or someone that make even Nathanos turn on her.
    I'm pretty sure even if she tried to kill Nathanos he'd find some way to justify it. We've seen him hesitate a few times this expansion so it would be interesting to see payoff for that but I don't know what it'd take.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Dude, Nathanos would probably be cheering if Lorthemar died. He actually has legitimate grievances against him, given how Theron treated Marris when he was alive.
    thats why i said one(lorthemar) or another person, this other person would piss off nathanos, not lothemar

7+ Year Old Account
    Does such a person exist?
    who knows? at this point i doubt nothing

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    There is no reason Sylvanas would go after Thrall. Sylvanas was after Saurfang since he is trying to start a rebellion against her with the aid of the Alliance. The spies followed him to the portal and once they saw where he was going they probably went ahead of him to wait at his destination (Thrall).

The thing that doesn't make sense is that I thought Outland was falling apart and dying?? It's been like a decade and a half at least since we have been there. I guess since Draenor has been cut off the portal to Outlands is back again? Or did someone reconnect the dark portal? Why don't the orcs just move to Outland if it's still nice like that? Looks way better than the shit hole Orgrimmar is.
    The moved the portal to cleft of sahdows.

What do you mean, you are banking on her to try and kill the player? She already tried to kill the player. The Horde Champion is send together with Nathanos to fall victim to Azshara's trap. Nathanos guides us there using Xal'atath. Ashvane who Sylvanas only recently freed is working with Azshara and is the one who is waiting to kill the Alliance and Horde forces crashing there.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, Nathanos would probably be cheering if Lorthemar died. He actually has legitimate grievances against him, given how Theron treated Marris when he was alive.
    Well they cut the scene where they outright said "alright, so take everyone we want to kill off on this trip..." so for now she has a very thin veil of plausible deniability on outright trying to murder the player, several Horde faction leaders (just the elves, no one would miss them...), and dozens of soldiers in a trap involving direct collaboration with the enemy naga.